Iran

For stuff that is general.
Troy

Iran

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:00 pm I cant help but think the US forces are watching the Drone Wars.... Ukraine, Huthis, this, and taking a lot of notes.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised if we cancelled the next-next aircraft carrier, for a drone robot ship.

Drone swarm is a shitload cheaper than a single $10M missile.
The Marine's have been watching for sure. I think they got rid of all their tank units a few years ago. Assume everyone's just a mechanized infantry drone squad now.
GORDON
Site Admin

Iran

Post by GORDON »

Back in '92, during an exercise in the Med, my ship accidentally slammed a Sparrow missile into the bridge of an allied ship (wasn't my fault).

Rumor has it we had peeps over there to help.... but also assess how effective our missile was in a real-world situation.

That's what I picture a lot of. Nondescript peeps crawling around looking at damage, getting statements, collecting data.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Iran

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:09 pm Rumor has it we had peeps over there to help.... but also assess how effective our missile was in a real-world situation.
Imagine the data they get watching these Cold War machines fighting where and who they were designed for. Wild stuff.

Our poor F-22, she gets to watch Bradley, Abrahams, Javelin having all the fun. F-35i probably has ace pilots after last nights attack. While Ms. F-22 is stuck shooting down weather balloons.
Leisher
Site Admin

Iran

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:52 pm We can laugh off the 99% interception rate, but it required what - 6 countries worth of Air Forces to do that? A billion dollars in fuel and munitions?
Ronald Reagan was smiling about the Iron Dome's effectiveness this weekend.
GORDON wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:00 pm I wouldn't be entirely surprised if we cancelled the next-next aircraft carrier, for a drone robot ship.

Drone swarm is a shitload cheaper than a single $10M missile.
I think we're definitely going to see new tech based on the drone/missile attack. The ability to stop swarms will be a top features.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”