WAR!!! Maybe, finally

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I've been posting to T-B that we have a war pending with them. I bumped it once and was about to do it again today. They asked if we were sure it was a reasonable thing to do. I answered, Yes. They were exactly the kind of guild we fight. So, we'll see. Anyway, just wanted to mention it as they might actually accept now, and then we'll have oranges about.

Remember:

NO MAGIC IN TOWN!! So, dexxer, CHARGE THAT LONE MAGE!!! Mages, RUNNNNN!!! YOU'RE IN TOWN!!!

Watch your backs at the banks and stuff. Plus, start scouting banks to find out were they bank.

I have seen singles every once in a while in Moonglow.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Anyone tested demons yet?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

They are pretty slow, but hurt. So, if we had enough, and we could trap the person somehow, deamons would work. But in today's broadband world, deamons are not a viable option. So, just as strong and fast as they were back in the day. But we are much much faster.

I used one to kill a thief, that was on foot in Yew a few weeks back.
Troy

Post by Troy »

The back chest nearest to the forge is now filled with magic armor, all of it fortification and above.

Enjoy.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Tons of magic stuff.. . . Awesome!

Does anyone have any spare ID wands?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Back on topic:

I posted one last message to T-B about not accepting. Called them out on their hiding behind their blue status and told them that I guess we're going to have to start macroing off some counts. Said we could fight blue, or we could fight orange. Makes no difference to us. Well. . . it does. . . but still. Keep track of your kills!!! DON'T GO RED!!! I'm not worried about having a 'murderer' in TKV, because we are murdering our enemies. It's more about the inconvenience thing. I don't want to have some people taken out of the fight because the fight move into town and stuff.

So, it might be a slower war at first because we have to space our kills. But, I'm also hoping that the suckage of giving us the first shot (assuming they aren't hitting us cause we're blue) might push them to do something. It's gonna suck when they are already fighting people, and then a bunch of blues jump in as well. At least if we were orange, they'd have more of a warning about more people hitting them. I'm not sure if I'll be around to hunt/fight tonight, but will be free a large portion of the weekend.

Also, remember there's T^B and T-B. T^B is their non war stone and made up mostly of newbies. As far as I'm concerned, they are both valid targets. However, the T^B kills often may not be worth the count. I AM interested in training up more characters later for the sole purpose of killing ALL enemy targets. Characters that will not care about statloss, counts, etc. So, no 7x GM characters, but, no less important than our blues.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

FYI: Murder count timers.

Short term - 8 hours
Long term - 40 hours

So, as long as your character is on 24/7, you can kill up to three people per day and not get any closer to statloss. However, your long terms will stack up pretty quickly making you virtually perma red. DO NOT KILL ANY MORE THAN 4 BLUES WITH YOUR MAIN!!!!!!!!!!! Then, no more than 1 per week assuming you are logged in 24/7. There is no way of knowing how many long term counts you have. I must consider my sins does not give you a number.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Where are they posting at? Is this on the SA forums?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

What you need to do is kill one of their members that you haven't seen before. Someone who is doing something innocent and nice like actually helping a newbie.

When you kill them, talk about how they hide behind their blue status yet are PKers.

Point being, there's got to be folks in that guild who are legit to their stated purpose. You could seriously hurt their membership size by causing a rift among those folks who are legit and those who are PKs in hiding.

Plus, that might be enough to drive them to war.

And FYI, if everything you say about them is true, that's EXACTLY why they won't war with you. Because they know it'll expose them.

They have nothing to gain by fighting TKV, but everything to lose.

Edited By Leisher on 1241112156
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Troy wrote:Where are they posting at? Is this on the SA forums?
The forum for the server we're playing on.

http://forum.uosecondage.com/
Troy

Post by Troy »

Yeah thats what I meant, didn't even think that their was this other well known "SA forums".

oops.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Troy wrote:Yeah thats what I meant, didn't even think that their was this other well known "SA forums".

oops.
And heh, it never occurred to me that "SA" might not mean somethingawful...
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote:What you need to do is kill one of their members that you haven't seen before. Someone who is doing something innocent and nice like actually helping a newbie.

When you kill them, talk about how they hide behind their blue status yet are PKers.

Point being, there's got to be folks in that guild who are legit to their stated purpose. You could seriously hurt their membership size by causing a rift among those folks who are legit and those who are PKs in hiding.

Plus, that might be enough to drive them to war.

And FYI, if everything you say about them is true, that's EXACTLY why they won't war with you. Because they know it'll expose them.

They have nothing to gain by fighting TKV, but everything to lose.
They actually do war other guilds. But I'm not sure of how many are 'fake' wars. They are order, and I see them fight along side of Chaos. So, they aren't apposed to fighting. They just don't understand the level that we'll take things.

As far as causing a rift. . . I don't think very many of their members joined for any reason beyond being associated with some guild. They don't hold guild outings, etc. I'd almost wager that many of their members are member simply so they won't get fucked with by the members that fuck with people! So, a political angle, I don't think, will be very affective. It's when they don't have a moments peace that they'll start to get pissed.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Concerning that last picture, he made Bina quit the game. She was so mad at "that asshole" and how everyone on the server are assholes that she was quiting forever. "alt f four" she exclaimed. I told Taz about it, and he felt bad. Within 10 minutes, she was asking if she could buy her rune book back from him. Being a true TKVer, he just gave it back to her. She was just killing NPCs after all. Not really commiting crimes or anything.

The first picture would be our first war kill. That's a dead T-B member.

I REALLY wish I hadn't sold all those "of thunder/ghouls touch/burning/etc" weapons I've found over the weeks.

The Tom Sellek kills were quite funny. A couple of tards turning them selves gray at the grave yard and then teleporting around on top of the buildings. We didn't bother chasing as all they did was teleport and heal. No fighting. Then these other people roll in. A macer teleports up there with them and the fun began. About 6 people dumping on them and a macer making their lives tough, they both drop pretty quickly.

The other kills were Taz by himself while scouting bad guys. Weak or mostly dead gray people kept presenting themselves to him.

OH, and by the way. That's Glorious Lord Alex to you.

Edited By Cakedaddy on 1241329469
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Now let's see how long you can remain a glorious lord...

That would bug the hell out of an enemy guild if they can't drop you.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Well, we've just been outed. Up'ed it up a notch on the forums and let T-B know they were pathetic with their house hiding and ganking lone hunters in dugeons with their reds with blue back up healers. This was after they attacked us saying we needed to get better before they'd war us.

Cletus asked if I was Alex the Artist with TKV from Metropolis. No, I'm a different Alex the Artist in a guild called TKV. But ya, someone has recognized us. Not sure if that will affect the war dec or not. But, I'm SURE the trash talk will go up a bit.

Edited By Cakedaddy on 1241403205
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I like when our reps precede us.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I didn't address the "Is that you" post.

But after being called pathetic for helping their enemies kill them, I continued to point out that they run from any real fight and choose only to kill easy targets. They admit they have their hands full at the moment and don't have any room left for more oranges.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Wow, that is so sad. Maybe the game is too much for them.