I need resources!!

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ya, it's that time. . . I've got Jeb stationed at the TKV tower now and I'm fillin' potion kegs. Heals and Cures for now. Make sure you set your scavenger to pick up bottles. They fall to the ground when you drink now. We need bottles, ginseng and garlic for now. If we are going to carry other potions, bring those too. I'm assumming opolis is going to want DPed weapons. So, we need shade for that. Just drop the regs in the chests with the kegs and I'll convert. Start collecting small pouches for breaking para. Ummmm. We don't need armor for the mages. Opolis needs to let Chloe know what armor he plans on wearing. Ingots for the armor and weapons would be appreciated.

I think that's it. Again, I'm setting up shop at the TKV tower, so, drop resources off there and that's where the supplies will be too. Don't carry runes to the forge! I doubt it will take long for the bad guys to learn that we live there. But, the longer they don't know, the better.

Oh, lastly, now that we are at war, we should move out of May's tower with our TKV characters. We don't want the enemies camping her house thinking we live there.

Questions/requests/suggestions welcome!

Edited By Cakedaddy on 1240462501
Troy

Post by Troy »

Ooops, didn't read that when I woke up today and started macoring.

Will do next time, though.

I'm thinking I'm gonna transition Tas into a Mace/Mage. Just a hally mage with a war hammer, so I can do stamina damage. Tracking is nice, but we have automap, and i'll hopefully always be with someone who can track.

I'll miss hiding, though.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Oh and I'll get some potion regs when I get a chance....
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Geez, I already sheered the sheep once. what the hell else do you want???
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ya, but you kept the wool!
Troy

Post by Troy »

Did the air elemental finally kill me during the day?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Not sure. Haven't even logged in yet.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I didn't keep the wool... I invested it for the good of guild combat.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Welp, went ahead and created a miner, walked him to Cove.

There is a full-blown monster invasion happening, here. I was told it isn't typical... so we'll see, I guess.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Trying out a badass macro tonight.... showed promise.

Wanted to try to gm two characters weapon skill and tactics overnight.

Cast Earth elemental, attack both characters, stop, follow.

Wait 6 minutes.

Characters beat on earth elemental who is just standing there, recast, rinse and repeat.

Gains are much higher against NPCs....

HOPEFULLY I'LL wake up to find I gamed 5x skills overnight (Magery needs .5 more)

Best of all, if I fail a cast, it times out on the waiting for target part, and after 30s tries to cast it again.

So practically no downtime without casting.

Edited By Troy on 1240552737
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

FYI - I have begun altering the old Cove Mining macro for use on this server. There are quite a few changes needed, mainly because the forge is in a different place.... also, no carrying rune books now, so no emergency recalling out.

Also, it doesn't seem to work as well as it used to. Getting stuck on obstacles. Working on it.

Also, why have I failed to smelt ore 20 times out of 20 attempts, with 50 blacksmithing? Or is that determined on the mining skill? I hope I get more ore smelted before I run out of my 3 shovels.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I always thought ore smelting was based on mining skill. Till you dbl-click the hammer & ingots, it was all mining.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Would splain the failures. Only have like 11 mining at the moment.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ya, it's mining based. You can gain mining by smelting your piles one at a time. But I wouldn't use that as a gaining tool as it's quicker to hit the mountain than separate a bunch of ore.

And careful using the macro program. The only tool allowed on the server is Razor. Not sure how/if they catch you, but, you are breaking a rule by using the macro program. FYI.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

So I have a few thousand ingots to donate, with about 10k baids. Does that pay my TKV dues for a while?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

There are no TKV dues.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

So that's a 'yes?'
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm not really sure what you are asking!!

We still need stuff.

If you're asking if you've done your 'fair share' then:

I've put about 10k regs into potions, May has put in about 1k ingots for exsisting equipment. May and I (May WAY more than me) spent about 500k on the tower and it's contents. Troy just put a bunch of armor there, and maybe some regs. He said he was going to, but not sure if he got to it.

Not to mention about 30k night shade to make an alchemist/poisoner so we always have potions/poisoned weapon. 35k ingots training a black smith for weapons/armor.

Umm, that's all I can think of right now. I really haven't been keeping track of everything.

But really, I don't expect you to match what anyone else has done. I only ask that you don't waste what we have, and when you can, you are contributing to the running costs of keeping us in combat and/or characters training.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I have 1k of garlic and ginseng in the bank waiting, what chest should they go in? I've been using the front bottom left one to dump bulk magery building regs in...
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Haven't really organized things, so, any chest really. Eventually, we'll have stuff sorted so it makes sense. I'm thinking something like:

A set of chests in the main room for dumping loot fast, and picking up new supplies. Then another set for resources such as ingots and regs that will become combat equipment.

We often sort through the loot pulling out all the regs, and crap weapons/equipment for smelting and recycling into Chloe equipment. This keeps the front chests as empty as possible so we have room for new loot. Potions we loot are rarely used by us. We don't want some crap GH potions that some alchemist in training made. GM only for us. Looted potions are normally consolidated into kegs and then sold on our vendors (listed as GM made of course!). We RARELY use anything we loot. It's always smelted down and remade into top quality goods by our GM craftspeople!

So, again, any chest is fine for now.

FYI: So you know how far stuff goes. All numbers a +- 5% depending on failure rates/etc.

GH keg = 800 ginseng
GC keg = 820 Garlic
DP keg = 3500 shade (You fail ALOT. I do not fail while applying it though, thankfuly)
600 ingots = 3 archer suits**, 5 katanas, 7 hallies (smelting all non-exceptionals)
Haven't made any refresh/agility/str potions yet, so don't have numbers.

**Archer suit = chain tunic/legs, ring sleeves/gloves, plate gorget/close helm