Character skills - What they are, and will be

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Alex:
Is Will be Skill
97.5 100 Magery
85 100 Wrestling
88 100 Resist
100 100 Evel int
100 100 Medi
100 100 Hiding
78 78+ Tracking

Taran:
85 100 Swords
65 100 Tactics
50 100 Parry
65 100 Anat
72 100 Healing
55 55+ Magery
50 100 Resist
78 100 Hiding
88 88+ Tracking

I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to build him yet.
Probably dropping parry and sharing 200 points with magery hiding and tracking. Magery will be minimum to recall. What's the minimum magery for 100% level 4 success? Hiding will be high enough to greatly reduce failure and tracking enough to get a couple screens. It will be a while before resist hits 100, so, I'll have some points there too.

Jeb:
100 100 Hiding
100 100 Alchemy
92 100 Poisoning
0 100 Tinkering
0 100 Carpentry
Not sure what else yet

Moe:
Resource mule

Alex is ready to fight any time. He obviously got room for improvement, but I think he can do some damage out there. Working on Taran now.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Opolis

Swordsmanship 91.6
Anatomy 60.8
Parrying 20.7
Tactics 66.1
Tracking 42.0
Healing 67.7

No hiding

He'll prolly be ready for PVP tonight, if absolutely needed. Wouldn't be the heavy hitter, but 100 swords should be enough to keep him from falling instantly. I don't know if he'll be keeping Parry, or going with archery. Having a ranged attack has been very useful in the past.

GORDON is not worth talking about, yet.

But my dexer is about ready, in a group setting.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

TaZ

Is Will be Skill
90 100 Magery
30 100 Wrestling
75 100 Resist
95 100 Evel int
95 100 Medi

Hiding sucks haven't gotten around to macroing it yet.

I usually use poison, but that doesn't work in t2a, so havent decided what next.

I'm game for a dungeon romp tonight. Somewhere fun, and if we meet some pks, then sweet, we can try not to die horribly, if not, just kill some good monsters. Maybe camp the spawns at the fire temple? There is also a place that spawns titans in T2A that I did the other day that would work too.

Edited By Troy on 1240243816
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Training hiding at the bank, not at the house. You don't gain in houses you are friended to. One night will get you enough to be able to hide MOST of the time.

Gordon, keep working on your tactics. That's what's going to give you your accuracy. As it stands, not only will you not be hitting for full damage, but you won't be hitting that much. It goes slower than swords does. You can start fighting monsters though to start making money for regs for Gordon. Grab a silver weapon and kill the liches. We have silver weapons, you'll just have to dig for them now since everything has been scrambled up. Taran was killing them quite easily last night. Had to run away a couple times, but more often than not, the liche was dead before I was below 75%. Just keep trapped pouches to run from PKs. They will para, alot.

FYI!!!! I had Taran casting magic arrow to break the para's last night when the red was trying to kill him. IT DIDN'T WORK!!! I think I was resisting my own spell with 50 magery and 50 resist. Not sure how it will work with 100 magery and resist. Will have to check when we get there. I kept trying it, but it wasn't working. However, the fact that I was casting it made the PK stop trying to para me. I guess he didn't know it wasn't actually working. It allowed me to get away. He didn't stick around long and I continued killing liches.

As far as fighting. . . OBVIOUSLY we'd have to make sure we out number them 3 to 1!! All three of us on one guy. . . it will be hard to score a kill. People heal through dumps pretty easily, and with Gordon missing alot. . . we'd need alot of stuff to come together all at once, on a moving target. Just FYI. Let's not have delusions of grandure going into this!

I normally see lone PKs at the liche spawn. In dungeons and other hunting areas, I see 2+. But they ALWAYS come. I've never spent more than 30 minutes in one hunting ground before seeing PKs (red or blue).
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I understood that your 100 swords affected how likely you were to hit compared to your opponent's weapon score, and tactics was a damage modifier.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Guess I need to start getting some trapped pouches.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I came to a different conclusion when I found that when you equip a surpassingly accurate sword, it raises your tactics. But ya, compairing combat skills also plays a part. I big part, because with no wrestling, you'd never get a spell off. So, I dunno. I just know that accuracy modifiers change your tactics.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I know for a fact that 100 tactics gave you a 50% damage increase on Great Lakes.

100 swords vs. 100 swords gives each person a 50/50 chance to land a blow.

Edited By GORDON on 1240252603
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

GORDON wrote:I understood that your 100 swords affected how likely you were to hit compared to your opponent's weapon score, and tactics was a damage modifier.
I'd bet stratics still has that info somewhere.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Well. I dunno. I just know that magic weapons increase tactics, and I hit non-stop with a good one. Accuracy bonuses were always added to tactics. So, tactics has SOMETHING to do with hitting.

Also, I forgot I work tonight. So, I'm not going anywhere tonight. Working 3rd shift for tonight, and then first shift on Wed in Sandusky. So, my sleep schedule is gonna be all fucked up. I'll be around when I can be though.

Edited By Cakedaddy on 1240254275
Troy

Post by Troy »

Just as well, I'm pretty cleaned out gold wise after two days of macroing, and could use a night in some low risk area making some cash.

The Second Age Wiki has all the info about hitting and stuff....

Tactics

Weapon Skill
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Troy wrote:The Second Age Wiki has all the info about hitting and stuff....

Tactics

Weapon Skill
Next time just say, "GORDON is absolutely right. Trust GORDON. GORDON is good, GORDON is wise.""
Troy

Post by Troy »

Went on a trip to the Ophidian fort thingy in T2A today.

Led off all the crappy stuff outside and fought the big meanies in the temple itself.

I nearly died twice, leeting myself get DPed by the Aveneger, couldn't cure it, so had to run around and heal through it.

Luckily I took 5 heals out of the box, so I drank a few and lived each time, pheew.

Got to the point where i was just simply overloaded, and had to drop crap.

Ended the session with 12k in gold, and 3k or so in gems, plus another l3 tmap, and a couple good magic items, the best was a war fork of power.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Heh, whoever put that table thingy in the middle of the top tower managed to put it rigth where val was.

He's trapped! lol.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Just hit GM swords, so here's an Opolis update:

(Just look at the first number)

Swordsmanship 100.0 +0.7 100.0
Tactics 78.1 +0.8 100.0
Healing 70.9 +0.2 100.0
Anatomy 66.5 +0.3 100.0
Resisting Spells 50.0 0.0 100.0
Magery 49.0 0.0 100.0
Tracking 46.6 +0.5 100.0
Parrying 26.8 +0.8 100.0

Edited By GORDON on 1240420404
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

What? No HIDING?! Why? Do you plan on one 'v' one'ing? LOL You can't do that!!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I'm thinking of taking GORDON pure tank mage.

GM:

MAGERY
RESIST
WRESTLING
SWORDS
EVAL INT
ANATOMY
TACTICS

Only skill I'd really miss is Meditation.... I can live without hiding as long as I can run.

Just seems like it must be cool to drop a spell combo followed up by a 40 point hally whack.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

So we are going to move away from what has worked for us for the last 10 years and start using the tactics our defeated enemies have always used?

Edited By Cakedaddy on 1240681573
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

You said yourself it was hard to get a killing blow on peeps. One of us, in a group, as a tank mage might give us the extra push over the cliff that we need.

I still have no intention of ever fighting anyone 1v1, fairly. Don't think I'm going soft or anything.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ya, but so many of our tactics depended on being able to hide. Hiding at the bank and waiting for numbers to drop so we can hit. Running and evading and getting a hide off as they all run on by. How many times did we say "Ok, I'm hidden." after being chased by 15 bad guys. I dunno. Our old tactics were, when all else fails, hide. Now, you can't hide. So, do I still hide making them all lock on you? Do I not hide until after you are out? Do I dump hiding as well as it's a waste to only have one person able to hide?

We've always been a hit and run group. Although, most of the time, we just hid instead of running. In fact, more often than not, we were hidden while the enemy talked about what they were gonna do next, on our screen.

Dumping hiding and tracking will drastically affect our playstyle, I think.