Lost a Raven - But got it back!!

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Lost a Raven during a mission yesterday. Was lined up on the station, but getting webbed and hit really hard. No sign of scrambling though. At about half armor, I started the warp. Since I was lined up, the warp indicator filled right up. But there it sat. It wasn't bouncing about as if I was getting rammed off course or anything. It just filled up and sat there. Which also means I wasn't getting scrambled. Warp indicator wouldn't have shown up. I sit there and watch as the rest of my armor is slowly chewed up and then my structure. Bam. Blow up. I warp my pod to the nearest station. I try to dock but it says I'm still in warp. I stop my ship. I try again, it won't dock. I fly around a bit. Away from the station and back. Still can't dock cause I'm in warp. Hmmm. So I petition and explain what happened. Today I got the message that they replaced my Raven and all destroyed equipment. Which is good cause the kill mail showed all of the good stuff was destroyed. 5 tech II launchers, shield booster, etc. About 75 million in parts. According to the message, all of that was replaced as well. We'll see though. They put the raven where my current clone is, way down in Agil (which Catt and Malcolm, you need to head down there in your tech II frigates. . ). So, when I get down there, I'll see what equipment was replaced. Wonder if they replace the cargo that was destroyed also. It says, the only thing they couldn't replace was stuff that would have been left in the cargo container after the explosion. I didn't even attempt to recover that because based on the kill mail, all the good stuff was dead. So, we'll see. . .

Anyway, they replaced the raven, we'll see about the hardware.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I've heard about this.

You get the insurance, you get the ship back!

So keep the old one in AGIL! and let's use it to pwn!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Son-of-a-bitch. I thought my Raven was just moving slow as fuck when the NPCs blasted it out of the stars. Sweet. At least it wasn't just one bug that killed my ass.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

They take the unsurance money back if they replace your ship. Which is fine with me cause now I don't have to replace all the other shit.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Everything that was in the kill mail was recovered. Including the destroyed cargo.

So, that was mighty cool of them.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Everything that was in the kill mail was recovered. Including the destroyed cargo.

So, that was mighty cool of them.
I'm definitely remembering this shit in case my warp drive or mit launchers lock up again. Just got my Raven back in biz yesterday. Feels good to be running level IVs racking up them LP for implants again.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."