THIS is the enemy

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Eve Pirates

Takes a loong time to load, but very worth it.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

What I learned from watching it:

1. Guns are the way to go. That's what Swiftness used as well.
2. Energy suckers are yer friend.
3. Caracals suuuuuuuuck for PVP.
4. WCS are yer friend.
5. He didn't have a WCS.
6. Armor must repair faster/cheaper than shields.
7. I need a video cap app for my PC. Although, screenshots of someone's pod could be fun.
8. I have aloooot of training to do to maximize weapon damage.
9. PVP, although more hands off, is still rather fast paced and looks like fun.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Yarrrrrrr! That be a neat video, matey!

In Tradewars, I had a friend who'd play outside of my corp, and he'd do all the asshole stuff for me. I'd give him the location one of my planets, very weakly defended with a lot of $$$, and he'd invade it, load up, and go after whoever I wanted.
Not only did that keep my hands clean, but it looked like he was attacking me as well.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Watched this video again today. . . Very different watching it now, than it was when I was so new. Things I see in it now:

1. He speeds the play back up by at least 2x. The game is NOT that fast.
2. He had help with many, maybe even most, of those kills.
3. He definately picked his targets more than I thought and obviously went for the weak small ships.
4. That's a poor example of PvP in Eve because he was just picking on newbs. This is similar to PKing 2 week old players in UO when you are a 6xGM.

The video is good as far as camera work and shot angles and what not. But as far as an example of good fight or good kills. . . those are few and far between. Real PvP is about strategy and out playing your enemies. The fights we had the other night we much better, even though we weren't 100% organized. We should start recording them. . .

Troy, you had recorded some a while back. What did you use? And instead of music, the voice comm should be left in.