railgun v. blaster

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I've'd small hybrid turret maxed out for a bit. The question is do I spec small railguns or small blasters or both?

This'd be for the Harpy PvPing, which tends to be close range anyhow. Blasters up close & personal absolutely kill. With enough resist, I should be able to get at close range & nail fuckers w\ the blaster. So goes my thinking at least.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Troy

Post by Troy »

It's a role thing.

Blasters do a great amount of damage, but i wouldn't expect, or want a harpy in my gang to have them, because i'd be assigning my harpies to anti-interceptor duty.

In that role ,a harpy with 4 125mms, is fantastic. If you had blasters, your range would be bad, and an inty could jump to 15-20k , still scramble the person called primary, and we'd be fucked.

With tech 2 ammo the harpy can hit from 90-100k, when setup right. Your range bonus allows you to put a high damage short range ammo and still be an interceptor killer at 5-30k.

You'll just have to take it into combat to see what I mean.

For now, go railguns.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I'll pump up assault ships to get my optimal range a bit higher.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."