My Next ship

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Well I thought I was gonna go for a Cerb, but then I thought about it, and everyone seems to have one or is working towards one.

I'm the type that likes to be different.

Right now I am really liking the
Rook

and the

Falcon

These ships are BUILT for pvp. 7 mid slots, bonus' to ECM range and str.

The falcon can use the covert ops cloaking devices, making them able to stalk prey and then get an instant lock on the take down. It can target from 120km away, and has a massive 7 med slots for all kinds of toys. It's only falloff is that it lacks the dmg output of the rook, but the rook cannot use the covert ops cloaking device. It also gets a nice ROF bonus on it's launchers.

The rook is pretty badass. sporting 5 launcher slots, and Hac level resists, it's built for combat. It could use a regular cloaking device, but there are penalties for the use of those, unlike the covert ops version. It gets a bonus' for missile Kinetic Dmg, so if setup correctly it could take down damn near anything BC and Down, jamming and generally pwning. It also gets a massive 10% bonus per Recon Level of ECM str, so It can jam until the cows come home.

Edited By Troy on 1141840167
Troy

Post by Troy »

And seriously, if anyone has seen my Dread Guristas Shield Boost Amp anywhere, it would be great if they could tell me.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

And seriously, if anyone has seen my Dread Guristas Shield Boost Amp anywhere, it would be great if they could tell me.
OH no. . . . where did you see it last?
Troy

Post by Troy »

OH no. . . . where did you see it last?
That is whats bugging me, I tried it out on the ferox, didn't like it and was going to plan on selling it, only problem is now I can't find it.

Can't remember if I was going to take it to Nonni or Torr to sell.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'll check the corp hangar next time I'm in Oipo. I can't believe you lost another one. . . .

Next one you get, just give it to me and I'll take care of it, then transfer you the money. You aren't allowed to have nice stuff any more.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

You aren't allowed to have nice stuff any more.
You know, just like your bio says?

Oh well.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I don't think I have it, but is it one of the orange shield thingies?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

Na, something you'd know, looks like a shield booster but with a yellow thingy in the middle of it IIRC.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Just checked, don't have it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

Bringing this post back from the dead for one simple reason...

I just jumped into the cockpit of my first recon ship!!!

Wooo!!!
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Got your recon, TPR's new interceptor, & my assault. Add in a couple BSs & we should be a-whuppin' some ass.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Troy

Post by Troy »

And I've lost my first rook.

Tonights lesson... pay attention when a known spy comes in local with a ship that is good at finding ss.

Oh, and don't think you can go get a beer while sittign at a safe spot, either.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

My only problem with this game is the cost of lessons :)
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I lost my first Raven the other night. Lesson learned, don't follow Tas into battle cause he can warp out faster than me leaving me to fight all 37 people by myself!!

It was pretty funny. We engage 3 people, then BAM!! there are a billion people in local all shooting at me. Tas was able to get away, but my lazy Raven took 12 hours to turn to warp and I got intercepted.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I lost my first Raven the other night. Lesson learned, don't follow Tas into battle cause he can warp out faster than me leaving me to fight all 37 people by myself!!

It was pretty funny. We engage 3 people, then BAM!! there are a billion people in local all shooting at me. Tas was able to get away, but my lazy Raven took 12 hours to turn to warp and I got intercepted.

Anthing above a cruiser almost requires lvl. V navigation & spaceship command skills in order to warp out anywhere near a sane amount of time.

Edited By Malcolm on 1148340427
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Even then, the Raven aint gonna make it unless it's pretty well lined up.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Hey Malcom... doesn't todays patch make the hawk the new badass ship?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Hey Malcom... doesn't todays patch make the hawk the new badass ship?
Fuck if I know. I ain't been able to read much at work w\ the CEO walking by my desk every five minutes.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Falcon... wow... simply...wow

Finally got into the cockpit of this thing at full effectiveness.

I got about 15 minutes use with the Covert Ops Cloak, which i found to be totally cool. Warping while cloaked, able to cloak, jam and re-cloak. Nearly impossible to catch if I use it correctly.

After the 15 minute trial, last minute fittings, A big ol battle broke out in EC. Yesodics brought a 7-8 ship battleforce into our gang in EC. The gang was some FoF we had organized but mostly another friendly pvp Alliance (Cho-Arrim)

YNC waste no time, juming in from all directions. The next 20 minutes or so was wicked. YNC took some serious losses, at least a few BSes and a cruiser or two. Aggie lost a proph, and we lost a few other cruisers, but it was pretty light.

The Falcon proved unbelievably valuable, scouting where the nomads were running out, staying hidden until a jammer was required, being a warp in point, ex.

Another cool thing was that I got to saftley loot a few YNC cans to make up for losing the proph. Looted about 30m in stuff!

I'll bet my tactics with this ship will only get better.
Troy

Post by Troy »

So....

Yes, the falcon is great, very effective for small group pvp.

But if you use it again and again, with great effect, against the same group of good pvpers, those people will start to learn your tactics.

Then they will find counters to those tactics.

And you will lose your new falcon.

Time to rat up a new 170m.