NFL 2009-2010 Season

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Might as well give this season its own thread.

We'll start with Favre. He actually found a way to fuck Minnesota over one more time through retirement. I think that should cement Malcolm's hatred. (And oh shit, why were the Steelers just mentioned during their talk about Favre? John Anderson just told what's her name "We know you're not at the Steelers camp, but keep your ear to the ground just in case." She smiled and said she would. They were implying something about Favre.)

Speaking of Big Ben, this whole thing smells like Kobe Bryant part 2. I don't think Kobe raped that girl, I don't think Ben did, nor do I think Tyson did. William Kennedy Smith did though.

Next is Plaxico and the news that now the DA is going after Pierce as well. I think the Pierce situation could be devastating to the Giants D, despite the fact that they're stacked there.

Let's finish with Vick. Vegas has the Steelers and Patriots as the favorites to land him? WTF?!? You can actually bet on it. Most outlets are reporting both franchises as the last ones who would even try for him due to the strong families and well run teams. The Steelers have Dennis Dixon to run some of their trick plays, they don't need Vick.

I think he ends up in Oakland, Miami, or Washington.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I was ecstatic when I heard Favre wasn't coming here. He did his trademark 180 in a span of about two or three days. Went from, "I'll play if my arm feels good, that's the only question," to, "I'm not sure if I can physically make it." Gung-ho to pussy.

I hope Plax is destroyed. He's got an ego on his shoulders the size of Napoleon's. He broke a stupid law, granted, but he's such a 'tard that I don't feel quite that bad.

Vick? Yeah, I could see the Fins or Raiders taking a chance on him. They ain't got much to lose anyhow.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Malcolm wrote:I was ecstatic when I heard Favre wasn't coming here. .
Amen brother. Gives me a better chance to see my team win before I die.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Congrats on starting a new thread for a new season. Well done.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I don't care who was playing, it was great having football back.

I'm already getting fantasy football invites up the wazoo.

Speaking of that, who sets up the dtman football pick pools? Would we have interest in doing a fantasy league?

On the stuff I first posted:

The woman accusing Big Ben of rape allegedly bragged about the sex to a co-worker. Even saying that she was hoping she was pregnant with a "little Roethlisberger". So now, she has zero witnesses, never filed a police report, and there's a witness coming forward claiming that she bragged about the sex. I honestly think this woman's lawyer should be investigated by his state's bar. They should review the facts and evidence that he was presented and if it's determined that this was nothing more than an attempt to extort money from a rich person, he should be striped of his license.

I don't think we'll see Plax this year. Hopefully, he'll get treated like any other citizen and we won't see him for 3 years. And I don't say that to be mean to Plax. I say it because no matter of one's status, we should all face the same punishments.

People protested Vick at the Hall of Fame. The teams I've heard as being most interested in him so far are Seattle and Green Bay. I find it very interesting that nobody has signed him yet. Considering the protest this weekend, you've got to wonder if any team wants that publicity. And honestly, I don't think it's fair. Vick is a scumbag, yes. However, according to our laws, he has paid his debt and should now be allowed to resume his life without having people out there trying to stop that from happening.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:Would we have interest in doing a fantasy league?
I'm game.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

I find it very interesting that nobody has signed him yet.

I think teams are waiting to see how they are going to do first. No need to take the heat if things go better then expected for you. Plus why take the heat for a guy who has not played in several years and wasn't a good QB to begin with.

And honestly, I don't think it's fair. Vick is a scumbag, yes. However, according to our laws, he has paid his debt and should now be allowed to resume his life without having people out there trying to stop that from happening.

He went to jail but I don't really think he has done anything to show that he is remorseful for what he did. He didn't stand up and say send me to jail for 2 years so I can show everyone that I am sorry for what I did. He only did what he had to do. I see it as he served his punishment but hasn't shown he deserve anything but being allowed to be out of jail. Some of the talking heads out there saying how he must be let back in or saying people shouldn't speak against him because he went to jail I don't agree with. If I don't want to root for a piece of shit on my team I shouldn't have to. If the team wants to sign him then I have to make a choice but I don't see anything wrong with people saying "I don't want my colored shirt to win badly enough to root for or employ this asshole."

I still think most of the Rams fans are crappy ass people for rooting for and not speaking out against Leonard Little.
Troy

Post by Troy »

If we have enough to do the fantasy league.. count me in.

Also, fuck the falcons, I hate being surrounded by people who think Matt Ryan is the next coming of ANYONE.

I mean, he looked good last year, but what is with this town and over hyping quarterbacks?

Edited By Troy on 1249923585
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

but I don't really think he has done anything to show that he is remorseful for what he did.

Truthfully, he doesn't have to, that's something invented by PR people.

He did his time, end of story.

He could give speeches now talking about how he truly thinks all dogs should be tortured and killed, and LEGALLY it should have zero bearing on his employment. Now PR speaking, it'd get him, his team, and the NFL into all kinds of trouble.

And yeah, I don't want him on my team. No matter who he plays for, I'll be rooting for him to have a shitty career. Not because I don't think he shouldn't be employed, but because I've always thought of him as overrated and now I know he's a scumbag on top of that.

Also, fuck the falcons, I hate being surrounded by people who think Matt Ryan is the next coming of ANYONE.

I mean, he looked good last year, but what is with this town and over hyping quarterbacks?

Atlanta, the NFL, and the MSM made Michael Vick into the single most overrated person in the history of sports. Was he exciting to watch? Sure, but only when he was running. Unfortunately, he played quarterback.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I'm convinced Plax needs to go to jail for his stupidity alone. All you got to do is NOT carry a gun to the club. You're a fucking millionaire. If you want to show off, buy some fucking jewelry or a car. If you want protection, hire some bodyguards. & for fuck's sake, if you carry a concealed weapon illegally into a club, for fuck's sake, don't forget to set the safety & have it shoot your own leg.

If any team is psychotic/desperate enough to take Vick, he'll be on one of the shortest leashes in all of QB history. I can see his home crowd cheering when he gets sacked.
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

I know he doesn't have to but you were mentioning that it was unfair that others are still protesting him or trying to keep him out. I am just disagreeing. Thankfully the law isn't involved anymore because Goodell and fans can punish him more then the government ever could. I know it won't happen but I hope the negative press is so bad that no team takes him on or cuts him soon after signing because they don't think his skills are worth the trouble. For me and others he hasn't done anything yet to show that he deserves to be back in the league or that his is sorry.

To be honest though if you do what he did and didn't think there was something wrong then there really isn't anything he could do to satisfy me.

In the end I don't think it will really matter because we all know that this is going to end with him going back to jail because he financed a drug deal to make more money or he will be shot keeping it real.
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Malcolm wrote:I'm convinced Plax needs to go to jail for his stupidity alone. All you got to do is NOT carry a gun to the club. You're a fucking millionaire. If you want to show off, buy some fucking jewelry or a car. If you want protection, hire some bodyguards. & for fuck's sake, if you carry a concealed weapon illegally into a club, for fuck's sake, don't forget to set the safety & have it shoot your own leg.

If any team is psychotic/desperate enough to take Vick, he'll be on one of the shortest leashes in all of QB history. I can see his home crowd cheering when he gets sacked.
Add don't go to the club to that list.

Seriously wouldn't it be very easy to just have his friends come to his mansion and invite a bunch of hot slutty chicks to hang out with. How would it be any different then a club?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Just so we're clear WSGrundy:

I've got no problem with this-
others are still protesting him

I've got a big problem with this-
trying to keep him out

I think Michael Vick is a worthless asshole and about as overrated as a person can get. If he got mauled by a pit bull tomorrow, I would laugh my ass off at the irony.

I also have no problem if people go out and protest their team saying that they don't want the team to sign this guy.

However, if an organization like PETA does everything it can to try and stop Michael Vick from ever playing any sort of pro football again...there's where I have a problem.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Whoa, much as I hate PETA, they get to bitch about celebrities just like anyone else.

All Vick's got to do is find a team willing to pay & put up w\ him.

Edited By Malcolm on 1249937787
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Whoa, much as I hate PETA, they get to bitch about celebrities just like anyone else.

No, no, I don't give a fuck if they protest him. What I'm talking about is the active effort being made by some people who think he does not have a right to work in the NFL anymore. I'm not talking about people who will protest him where ever he goes, including PETA.

I'm talking about the folks who are taking protests that extra step in order to use politics to try and squeeze him out of a job.
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

Leisher wrote:I'm talking about the folks who are taking protests that extra step in order to use politics to try and squeeze him out of a job.
I guess I just don't see how the two can be separated. Go out and make your displeasure known but make sure it is known that you don't want your anger to affect any decisions?

I am hoping that there are enough people out there making a big enough deal about this that it influences owners and he never gets a job in the nfl again. I don't think there is anything wrong with that or that it would happen but I would be happy to see it.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Leisher wrote:I'm talking about the folks who are taking protests that extra step in order to use politics to try and squeeze him out of a job.
I consider them an offset to all the lawyers that used loopholes & politics to spin shit his direction.

If you pull something stupid like this, perpetual public hatred is a real possibility. If you aren't charismatic enough to avoid the PR nightmare you made for yourself, then that's another factor coming back to bite you in the ass. Lame-ass media/social backlash against crimes is a real consequence. It's not objective, it's not fair, it might not even solve anything. Advocates of such things aren't bright enough to bring up a factual, logical argument, so the best they can do is find other psychos that subjectively legitimize their position. If it works (& history has proven it has), then I'm finding it hard to call them cheaters for using tested tactics.

If their protests break the law (they start smashing shit up or trepass or anything), fine, arrest the fuckers & impose maximum penalties. Being a political asshat is still legal in this country, in theory. In practice, you get lambasted if it's unpopular.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

The Eagles get Vick
Vick arrived in Philadelphia Tuesday morning and remained there Wednesday evening. The Eagles will hold a news conference on Friday morning to announce his signing. The first year of the deal is for $1.6 million deal with an option for the second year at $5.2 million, FoxSports.com reports.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

Post by Troy »

He'll probably play.. I mean.. McNabb is always 50/50 to try some lumbering charge with his knee right into a DB helmet.
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

This doesn't make any sense to me. You are going to bring in someone who many think can be a starting QB. Why in the hell they think that I don't know but they do plus the philly fan is about as fickle and disloyal as you can get. The moment mcnabb throws a incomplete pass the fans are going to want him replaced in game 7 and then you are going to bring in vick who can't pass on a team that has sucked at running for the last few seasons. So vick will come in and your offense will be terrible at the pass and run.

This makes some sense for vick because you could rape a school bus full of children and the philly fan will not care as long as you win since they are so desperate for a super bowl victory.