Alliances

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I contacted each of the northern alliances that we like: D2, Razor and NFC, to see if they are open to new members, what their requirements are, etc, etc.

Let yall know what/if I hear back.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

We got our first rejection. 2 more possibilities left.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Well, the other two are apparently closed as well.

So I found an alliance called Forces of Freedom, run by Judge Dredd Inc. Their CEO is Tas Devil, with whom I think our own Tas is familiar.

They are friendly to D2/Razor/NFC, and are a smallish (~150 people) alliance, based in UK, but with American and Aussie/Asian players as well.

They share our enemies, ASCN/RISK/etc...

I talked to Tas Devil for a while tonight. He'd like for our members to join the JDI public chat channel when on, so that he can get to know us.

Tas/Taran, yall in particular should, since you're out in 0.0. He'd like to run some form of op with us at some point.

He's cautious about people joining the alliance, and would like to take it slow. I said I understood, etc, etc.

So, to summarize:
Join the JDI public channel (Tas/Taran especially)
So far so good, and may give us an "in" to the larger alliances, since FoF and NFC are tight.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I've hung out with the FoF guys twice before, when they guarded the the EC gate.

They impressed me by being strict in who they were allowed to shoot, only the enemies of the alliance. Very organized bunch, not the normal tardos who just hang around.

I'd love to join there public channel, will do so later tonight.

PVP, and i'm 90% sure they have acces to deklein, doesn't sound bad to me at all.

Edited By Troy on 1146625683
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Awesome. Be sure to mention that EC experience to Tas.

This should seriously help our pvp/ratting/total game experience in 0.0.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Why are we looking to join an alliance?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Why are we looking to join an alliance?
1) To get access to more space for ratting without being KOS.
2) To have more peeps with whom we can battle and have for backup/etc.
3) To get access to more resources.
4) To make our 0.0 life easier/more fun.
5) To allow those of us who want to build/manufacture/PoS/mine more companions with whom to do that.
6) Access to other people's BPOs, if they have them.
7) To unite against common enemies.

Those are the reasons I see.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I see.

As long as it's a good guy corp, I'm down for whatever. And assuming we can afford it of course. Don't remember the costs.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Well, the inherent costs are 0. Only the founders of the alliance pay the $1billion.

I do not know what this corp asks for, and yes, they are a "good guy" corp.

Although, I told Tas that if they reject us, we're gonna join ASCN :)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Good news, FoF has offered for us to join their alliance. This will get us Deklein access (home to good rats without enemies).

Cake, you need to apply to join FoF on our behalf, apparently from the corp panel.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Reasons to join:

1) Deklein access, the ability to use stations up there. (huge, best guristas rats in game, officer spawns, basically make lots of money and be able to pvp knowing we can always fall back on it)

2) More people to fight with. I've spent some time with the JDI guys fighting around EC and up and down Pure Blind.
They have an excellent Intel net, and know troop movement and they have a decent pvp wing.

3) Laid, back, their pvpers hang out in 0.0, but they recruit in empire + about half of their guys hang there. As far as I can tell, they don't require us to do any major operations.

4) Standing, this is certainly less of a hassle and convenience than anything. When we join, their standings will show to us, so we will know who is set to KOS and Friendly

Oh, their Standing list, as far as who to shoot, is EXACTLY like ours, only more extensive, incomposing corps we haven't met yet but have invaded before.

Also, we will show as friendly to other major alliances, NFC, D2, Razor, being the primaries. This is the reason we will get Deklein access. It will also help us join friendly War parties and go look for action.

Against:

1) Well, i guess we will lose our identity a little. We will still be part of TKV, but the alliance will show up and will often be the first thing people look at. But this is really more of a ego thing :)

2)That's about it, I really don't see any downsides from where I am. I have basically been running along with the JDI guys just like i was part of their Alliance for a while now. I've been impressed, and the idea of having a bigger war party to take on big name corps makes me happy in my pants. (not really, but maybe)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

We're accepted... at some point it will even become effective.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It's official, we are in! Alliance channel just popped up.