Diet and Exercise

You probably can't do it, so don't even try.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:58 am I've found the dieting that worked in my 30s didn't work in my 40s, and now in my 50s what worked in my 40s doesn't work now.

Getting old is horse shit. It's like I'm destined to get old and fat.
yeah. In my 20s I could just eat a little less. In my 30s and early 40s just being keto worked. Now I have to stop eating.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

I've been interested in fasting since seeing what it has done to Kevin Smith. However, I don't want to lose muscle mass, just fat. Maybe I just need lipo... :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by GORDON »

Light exercise to keep the muscles awake, and 30g of protein every single day (one protein shake) to make sure you don't lose muscle with the fat.

I like chocolate.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

Exercise has been rough. Had that surgery, which put me out right after getting a Hydrow, and now it seems that I may have arthritis in my left knee. I have a physical Friday, so I'm hoping to get a cortisone shot to deal with that so I can row again.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by GORDON »

I recommend lap swimming. Low impact, great cardio.

But don't go when I go, because open swim lanes are already scarce in toledo.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:44 am I've been interested in fasting since seeing what it has done to Kevin Smith. However, I don't want to lose muscle mass, just fat. Maybe I just need lipo... :D
https://www.okungfast.com/ - Russel Okung's site. Doesn't go into a lot of detail, I think, about exercise or what-not
GORDON wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:48 am Light exercise to keep the muscles awake, and 30g of protein every single day (one protein shake) to make sure you don't lose muscle with the fat.

I like chocolate.
And just keep lifting, honestly. Your capacity will go down, but just do what you can.
Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:59 am Exercise has been rough. Had that surgery, which put me out right after getting a Hydrow, and now it seems that I may have arthritis in my left knee. I have a physical Friday, so I'm hoping to get a cortisone shot to deal with that so I can row again.
I have osteoarthritis in my left knee. I've had it for decades. Started with rheumatoid arthritis in my left knee when I was 8. The key with arthritis is 1) Keep moving, every day, and 2) ramp up slowly, and 3) lose any extra weight. Also, you may find that chondroitin + glucosamine help (YMMV). Don't do anything with impact (basketball, running, etc).

Cortisone shots should be super rare. Otherwise they destroy the tissue.
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:02 pm I have osteoarthritis in my left knee. I've had it for decades. Started with rheumatoid arthritis in my left knee when I was 8. The key with arthritis is 1) Keep moving, every day, and 2) ramp up slowly, and 3) lose any extra weight. Also, you may find that chondroitin + glucosamine help (YMMV). Don't do anything with impact (basketball, running, etc).
Good info, thank you.
TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:02 pm Cortisone shots should be super rare. Otherwise they destroy the tissue.
A guy in my golf league (and cousin in law) used to run a LOT. Pretty super he made national news for it back after 9/11. (I think he ran a mile for every victim or something like that.) Anyway, he told me he gets the shots every 6 months and he's golden. But maybe he's on the road to new knees...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:42 pm (I think he ran a mile for every victim or something like that.) Anyway, he told me he gets the shots every 6 months and he's golden. But maybe he's on the road to new knees...
It's probably a long term thing. Dunno. Also don't know if every 6 months is "too many" also may vary by person, etc. I think I've had 2 in my life in my knee.

But, good news, my arthritis is actually milder now than it was in my 20s per X-Rays/MRIs. Just have to be nice to your knee.
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:51 pm Just have to be nice to your knee.
If I could go back and do things over again, I'd totally do most everything the same, but I'd wear better shoes. :D
GORDON
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:37 pm If I could go back and do things over again, I'd totally do most everything the same,
Would you join the military this time?
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:40 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:37 pm If I could go back and do things over again, I'd totally do most everything the same,
Definitely, but I'd live those years differently. You?
GORDON
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:51 pm
GORDON wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:40 pm
Definitely, but I'd live those years differently. You?
I didn't communicate that well.

I meant to say, "Would you join the military on that re-do, since you didn't join the military this go-round?"

You know. The joke is that the air force isn't military.

I failed to deliver on that joke.
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:54 pm I failed to deliver on that joke.
Way to live up to the stereotype! :lol:
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

Our food is poison.

I do wonder if the government were to take over health care, would they start passing laws against products like this?
Cakedaddy

Diet and Exercise

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:01 am Overall, being keto seems to make ignoring meals easier.
That's EXACTLY how I lost a shit ton of weight on it (about 40lbs in 3 months). Got so tired of eating the shitty keto versions of stuff that it was more appealing to not eat anything than to force another spoon full of that shit into my mouth.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

Apparently I've lost 17 pounds this year. Which is sad, because I still need to do that 2 more times.
GORDON
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by GORDON »

I should have a penis ensmallment, that would be like 8 pounds I wouldn't miss.
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:43 am I should have a penis ensmallment, that would be like 8 pounds I wouldn't miss.
The only way to get 8 pounds of cock out of you is to pull them out of your ass and mouth. :D
Leisher
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Diet and Exercise

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:21 am Hope you're swimming between 7 and 9 am.
In the Summer, I was! Too cold now.