Chile earthquake/Hawaii tsunami

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

watching live coverage on Fox right now. The waves are supposed to his Hawaii RIGHT NOW. So far nothing. Fox has had a countdown all day. I am just wondering if this is going to be reality, or hype.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
WSGrundy

Post by WSGrundy »

From what I thought I heard you never know if an earthquake will cause a tsunami or not until it basically washes up on shore. So are the news stations going to have tsunami watch after every earthquake?

Then again they have to talk about something 24hrs a day so why not this.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Still nothing.

I'm guessing billions have been spent on a buoy system that can supposedly detect the type of tsunami that hit Indonesia a while back.

How often does that happen, once in a hundred years? How many false alarms have we had since Indonesia?

why can't they just give me a million of that phat buoy money? I'll do more than just throw that money in the ocean.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Existing warning systems use pressure sensors on the seafloor to detect the weight of a tsunami in the water column above. Only five countries own such sensor arrays – the US, Australia, Indonesia, Chile and Thailand – partly due to the high cost of installation. This lack of coverage leaves many countries vulnerable to a tsunami strike.

It isn't a buoy system. It has to be detected under the surface. You really don't see the wave effect until it hits the beach. I find it strange Indonesia has one. Seems to have done lots of good.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Haiti
Chile
Turkey

The trifecta is complete.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”