Food

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

A new restaurant just opened down the road from the office called the Honey Diner. We thought it'd be legs and eggs and they were offering 30% off today, so we thought we'd give it a go.

We were wrong about the legs, but the food quality was excellent.

The purpose of this post, however, is to say what I had for lunch. I order the Monster BLT, which had 1 pound of bacon.

It was excellent, and I finished the whole thing. I could only manage about 4 french fries though.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Drove by there the other day. I heard the same people have owned that place for years... they just periodically shut it down and retheme it, for some reason.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, it used to be Wally's and was uber popular in this area. Then, for no reason, they closed to remodel. During this time, The Silver Moon opened up about a block away and not only is it a legs and eggs place, but their owner has a knack for finding quality women.

Wally's never recovered so they closed.

Then they opened as a similar restaurant, and closed.

Then they opened again as a mexican place, and closed.

Then straight Mediterranean, and closed.

Now they're back to Wally's menu with a mix of eggs, regular diner fare, and Mediterranean food.

I was quite surprised at the prices versus the food quality. My Monster BLT with the 1 pound of bacon with a sizeable portion of fries was $8.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Go to Lucky's on Navarre sometime.

They have a "Brontosaurus Burger" that is currently up to 4.5 pounds of meat. Every time someone finishes the platter, that person eats for free.... and they add .5 pounds of meat to the burger.

Someone ate a 4 pounds hamburger and a side of fries.

But really, I like that place.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."