Good idea
43%
Bad idea
57%

Total votes: 7

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Somehow Gordon slept through the entire Bush administration.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote:Somehow Gordon slept through the entire Bush administration.
Fuck, beaten.
unkbill

Post by unkbill »

Maybe people would feel better about America to put him on trial then execute him. But in general I think it is a bad idea.
I would like a quick trial (Ten minutes or so) last cigarette then shoot the bastard. But that would be cruel.
In marriage there is always one person right. And the other one is the husband.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I'm almost beginning to wonder why we took him alive. The more I think about it, the more I'm certain the gov't will find a way to make shit look worse than if we'd just shot him from the get-go.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Why does everyone think we never got any good intel from all those water boardings? I heard he had... hundreds?

"Well, didn't work the first 83 times, let's try again."

Or maybe they were going for 1 waterboarding for each 9/11 victim. Who knows.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Torture doesn't guarantee accurate info. You might make the argument that it encourages it, but even that's a bit of work.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Wife just found out today. Is OUTRAGED that we didn't just torture and kill him.

I tried to play devil's advocate with some kind of "Geneva convention blah blah blah"...

She said "No one gave the victims that kind of treatment"
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Ceteris parabis, I say we give him the same deal the Nazi generals got.

I just don't want today's liberal sensitivities in the government turning it into another "Ask yourselves why they hate us."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

I say we give him the same deal the Nazi generals got.

Which one? They ran the gamut from "we need you for a scapegoat" to "he might have valuable intel, let him live." That being said, I'm not putting much worth in anything he says.

I just don't want today's liberal sensitivities in the government turning it into another "Ask yourselves why they hate us."

That's one of the easier questions to answer. They live in sheltered, third-world police states run by religious wacko zealots who're pissed off that years ago, their ancestors managed to fuck up what was one of the most scientifically & culturally advanced civilizations of the world. I think that's what made the medieval Christians so belligerent. Some subconscious realization that their society taken a couple steps back in progress in certain important areas.