Let's kick it up a notch

For sooper seekrit League of Legends, <s>UO</s> <s>EVE</s> talk <s>and Diplomacy</s>.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Ok, so my ease of finding and using that station in deep pure blind got me a thinking.

There are routes into pure blind that don't involve ec.

Primarly I was told about one through placid, that is rarely hostile, and often patroled by friendlies.

My thought process continued, we could establish a forward 0.0 base in said station. A base for ratting, pvp and maybe even mining.

If we could gather ourselves and perhaps use a scout ew + WCS ship like a Ferox or Scorpion . We could bring an assortment of badgers and warships to the station I used. It would probably take two trips to get everything to be self sufficient, remember that there isn't much economy out here.

We could even bring the Blueprint that I have been hoarding, so if we wanted to pvp out here we would have some disposable ships.

Ratting out here for a while will supply us with all the Battleship weapons we could ever need! Not to mention make us very rich in the process. We could even give mining a go, as there are some serious money ores out here.

I know a lot of us are starting to get bored in oipo, as well you should, .7 space is. Living out here for a while would be a completly different and new experience.

Life WILL be hard, the war will probably continue to rage, and we would not always be able to count on friendly alliances keeping us safe. But the way I see it, we've been cooped up in carebear space long enough, and most of us are yearning for more lucrative business opportunities... and action for that matter.

What does everyone think?

Edited By Troy on 1144095309
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

I think it's a good idea, but we'll prolly need to think about what level/ship/etc people should be at before we do it.

Do we want people in their next level BSs?
What specifically do we want/need to bring?
Can we afford the stuff?
We'd need instas for Placid.

Things like that.

Edited By TheCatt on 1144097914
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Whatever.

Was getting quit-inducing bored with the game anyway.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

To be fair, I ain't given this game much of a chance w\ the time I've been dumping into it, but damn, it does seems like this is some ho-hum shit even w\ all the alliances a-happenin'.

Then again, my time is absolutely fucking borrowed till at least the end of summer, all shit being equal.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Troy

Post by Troy »

Ack, press releases tonight are coming through, and it ain't good.

IRON is dissolving, imploding on itself.

With only G and Razor left as a viable threat, Bob/Ascn don't have much in their way in Pure Blind/Fade/Deklein.

This can't be good for future incursions for us, or the move that we have planned next week.

On the other hand, if the whole area turns into a warzone, we could slip in and out quietly, as I have been doing for the past couple weeks.

Maybe we just need to join the nomads and go on the a killing spree...

Edited By Troy on 1144281974
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Why not just join some alliance lik BoB or ASCN or whatever? This good/evil thing just doesn't bother me.

Oh, and should we remove the Iron/G friendly from our corp description? :)
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I've always been a good guy. Never (well, ok, a couple times, but always felt bad and often gave stuff back) participated in the random killing of others. ALWAYS went after those that participated in the random killing of others. Basically, anti-PK. I like to hunt people that actively try to ruin other people's experiences. So, the good/evil thing matters to me cause I'm a good guy!!

Only time I've been a 'bad guy' was on the Metro server. Hated the admins so much, that I griefed anything and anyone beyond recognition. But, at that point, I was at war with the server, not it's population. Wanted to drive people off the server, thus killing the server, which at that point I viewed as the bad guy. So really, I was the good guy trying to save people from a server run by bad people. They would move on and find a better, more intelligent server. Even if the other server didn't have a 'professional looking web site'.

As far as joining another corp. I'd become part of an alliance, but I think that's expensive. But I'm TKV. Nothing else. I'm not gonna be one of those guys with a long list of corps I've bounced between!

Lastly, I've always liked being the underdog. Never participated in the "Can't beat 'em, join 'em" thing. I'd go to war against ASCN before joining them. One, it's more fun to win when you are the underdog. Two, you don't have to look far for action. I'd be down with not joining ASCN, heading into 0.0 with them, and fighting them when the need came up. Plan would be to do my own thing, but if they attacked, I'd attack back.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Oh. We could always just move too. :-)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

1) I agree about alliance, not join another corp.
2) We don't have to actually hunt other people down, I'm just talking about joining so we can go to 0.0. Screw actually behaving like the bad people.
Troy

Post by Troy »

And just like that, EC is clear.

the Alliances either scattered to the wind or moved on up to invade Deklein.

Either way, pack your bags this weekend, We are clear to head to 0.0.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Ha, found out the reason why!

Band of Brothers(BoB), one of the big alliances who was behind the EC invasion, did a pretty high class move.

They realised that after a while of ganging up on people with huge fleets, life would get boring, fast.

They reset all their standings, adopting a "everyone but us" is red policy, even those that had been ganging up on people with them.

More of a free for all, more small battles = better opportunities for us.

BTW: BoB left EC, and G, the other alliance who we have on our profiles, came in and beat the living hell out of the enemies who stayed. Their Killboards were something like 10-1 win/loss ratio. Apparently they are still worth keeping in our profiles as friendly! Iron is supposed to either re-form with G or come back as some other alliance. Will keep paying attention and let ya'll know.

Edited By Troy on 1144384930
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

This is almost as bad as keeping track of who's fucking who during freshman year.
Diogenes of Sinope: "It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours."
Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC, SSC: "Better dead than smeg."
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

So who all's planning the trip out there? We gonna live in the same spot we were before, or is there a different one? What's it take to get a POS thingy out there? Does a POS thingy let you change your ship load out, or is it just a big, armed, secure container?

I'm going to be heading out in a Raven.

Also, depending on how long we are out there, people might want to upgrade their clones to allow for training while out there.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

This is almost as bad as keeping track of who's fucking who during freshman year.
Seriously.;
Troy

Post by Troy »

I think it is Me, Catt, Gunn and Taran.

Our destination will actually be a station, that is rarely used by most people, out in upper pure blind.

J-CIJV

We'll want to use the back way, like we are going to CR.

We'll have to play it by ear as whether to use saranen or EC.

I'll try to pack some heavy/torpedo missiles of different dmg types, and I have some kinetic torpedos out in the cr locker.

So, you know, train whatever skills you need this weekend, make yourself a check list, all that jazz.
But we will need
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

What will we need?