"Let Them Eat Cereal"

Recipes, restaurants, food you should try, food you should avoid, etc.
Leisher
Site Admin

"Let Them Eat Cereal"

Post by Leisher »

That's a quote from...well, just read the site.

I think I've discussed the Kellogg's boycott?

The stated goals are clear and I think anyone can get behind them:
1. Lower prices
2. Don't take it out on your workers
3. Give us products without tons of chemicals, ala Europe.

It really says a lot about our government's corruption and incompetence when people have to grassroots this shit here, while in Europe it's standard.

I like this whole idea. There's no political nonsense, nothing woke, no partisanship, etc. They also aren't PETA where if you use even a single thing from an animal you're "literally worse than Hitler". They open right up saying, "Hey, if you can't afford to do this boycott, don't."

Will it work? Probably not unless EVERYONE gets on board, but shit, it's something.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

"Let Them Eat Cereal"

Post by TheCatt »

Care factor super low.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

"Let Them Eat Cereal"

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:18 pm Care factor super low.
Thanks for weighing in Marie.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

"Let Them Eat Cereal"

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:37 am
Eating cereal is fine, people should grow the fuck up.
Leisher
Site Admin

"Let Them Eat Cereal"

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:39 am
Leisher wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:37 am
Eating cereal is fine, people should grow the fuck up.
That's not what this is about. Boy, you uber rich people really are out of touch.
TheCatt
Site Admin

"Let Them Eat Cereal"

Post by TheCatt »

I ate cereal for dinner plenty of times
Leisher
Site Admin

"Let Them Eat Cereal"

Post by Leisher »

I fucking love cereal for dinner. Brinner is, legit, a top 10 dinner for me.

But again, that's not what this boycott is about.

BTW, from what I've been told Nestle is next, starting July 1 when the Kellogg's boycott will end.

I really want them to do McDonald's.
TheCatt
Site Admin

"Let Them Eat Cereal"

Post by TheCatt »

I thought it was triggered by his comment. Either way, care Factor zero
GORDON
Site Admin

"Let Them Eat Cereal"

Post by GORDON »

I buy cereal once maybe every 3-4 years, when I get a craving for some raisin bran. And last time I bought the generic because it's the same damned thing anyway, unless you think Walmart has a cereal plant somewhere.

I'm not sure if buying the generic that was made at the Kellogg plant counts as boycotting Kellogg.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

"Let Them Eat Cereal"

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:25 pm I thought it was triggered by his comment.
Nope.
TheCatt wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:25 pm Either way, care Factor zero
And that's why we're doomed.
GORDON wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:26 pm I'm not sure if buying the generic that was made at the Kellogg plant counts as boycotting Kellogg.
The site has a good breakdown of who to avoid, including if those generics are by whomever is being boycotted.
TheCatt
Site Admin

"Let Them Eat Cereal"

Post by TheCatt »

What may have started as the response railing against this sort of out-of-touch, corporate-greed-as-good statement, has turned into community-sourced alternatives and a 3-month plan to show Kellogg that we’ll be fine without them. So what are we doing about it?
Sure feels like it was about the comment.
Leisher
Site Admin

"Let Them Eat Cereal"

Post by Leisher »

The boycott stuff was already in the works. Shit's been out there a while now. Trust me, I live with someone on the front lines.

Here's what it's about:
Our Demands for Kellogg
Lower Your Prices: Reduce the prices of all your products by 25% across the board. This will make your products more accessible and affordable to a wider audience, reflecting a commitment to economic fairness.

Do Not Take It Out On the Employees: We demand written assurance that the company will not only refrain from any form of retaliation against employees participating in or affected by the boycott but will also take proactive measures to ensure the stability and security of all employees’ positions during this time. Should we learn of any layoffs or other adverse impacts on employees, the boycott will continue until those affected are reinstated. This condition underscores our commitment to ensuring that our actions do not negatively impact employees.

Remove Chemical Carcinogens: We want you to stop using harmful chemicals in your food. We demand the same quality of ingredients in your products globally as those found in the UK, where stricter regulations ensure healthier food options. This change will demonstrate your commitment to the health and well-being of consumers worldwide.
TheCatt
Site Admin

"Let Them Eat Cereal"

Post by TheCatt »

What company would do those first two things? That's nonsensical. "Hey, Kelloggs, go fuck yourself, hard."

As for #3,I dunno, I have to see all these stupid carcinogen warnings for California for things that are just nonsensical. So I'm skeptical.

Also my care factor is zero because that is also how much cereal I have eaten this year.
GORDON
Site Admin

"Let Them Eat Cereal"

Post by GORDON »

Can I feel smug because I haven't bought cereal since 2023?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

"Let Them Eat Cereal"

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:15 am What company would do those first two things? That's nonsensical. "Hey, Kelloggs, go fuck yourself, hard."
It's an across the board thing, not just Kelloggs. Again, the Wall St model is unsustainable and the interwebs and social media is full of people bitching about the cost of living. I know, I know, we're all being gaslit told how awesome everything is, but it's weird that most consumers don't agree.

I don't expect ANY company to respond on their own. But as stated, the boycott is going to shift from company to company.
TheCatt wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:15 am Also my care factor is zero because that is also how much cereal I have eaten this year.
It's not about cereal. Truthfully, your care factor is zero because you make enough to not care.

That's not an insult, just fact. I'm in the same boat, but again, I hear a lot, and frankly, know a lot of poors here in this blue collar town.
TheCatt
Site Admin

"Let Them Eat Cereal"

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:20 pm Truthfully, your care factor is zero because you make enough to not care.

That's not an insult, just fact. I'm in the same boat, but again, I hear a lot, and frankly, know a lot of poors here in this blue collar town.
I care, but the solution isn't supply side, it's demand side. Raise wages for the bottom.