GamerGate2

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

GamerGate2

Post by Leisher »

This is apparently a company that helps studios "woke" their games. They are currently in the news for trying to start a harrasment campaign against a Steam curator.

Why?

This curator created a list to help people know if Sweet Baby, Inc. had anything to do with a game.

The campaign has blown up in Sweet Baby's face and they've been backtracking and deleting stuff.

Check out the list. It's a who's who of failure.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Sweet Baby Inc

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Sweet Baby Inc

Post by GORDON »

Evil.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Sweet Baby Inc

Post by GORDON »

There's no scenario where your strategy can be "Threaten them and cause terror!" and be the good guy.
GORDON
Site Admin

Sweet Baby Inc

Post by GORDON »

Critical Drinker did a thing about this subject yesterday.
Leisher
Site Admin

Sweet Baby Inc

Post by Leisher »

Saw it.

The world certainly does appear to be fighting back against woke nonsense. Perhaps there is hope for humanity afterall?
GORDON
Site Admin

Sweet Baby Inc

Post by GORDON »

The community fighting back reminds me of....

There was some anti-copying thing back in the day.... Something-force? That would want root access to your PC.

Or something.

I want to say it was from Sony.

But there were lists compiled of the games that had it.
I remember returning Sword of the Stars unopened, because of it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Sweet Baby Inc

Post by Leisher »

Starforce?
GORDON
Site Admin

Sweet Baby Inc

Post by GORDON »

Maybe?

Literally 20 years ago.

Back when people were smart and still getting physical media.
Leisher
Site Admin

Sweet Baby Inc

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Sweet Baby Inc

Post by Leisher »

PC Gamer tries to save Sweet Baby Inc via the typical paint by numbers bullshit. It fails and they're getting ratioed including one person suggesting everyone block PC Gamer on X that has almost a thousand likes. The struggling PC Gamer's got to love that.

I intentionally copied the link including the comment where someone reveals the article's writer.
GORDON
Site Admin

Sweet Baby Inc

Post by GORDON »

I remember the day I cancelled my PC GAMER subscription. They were fellating Microsoft over Windows ME (I think), and I could no longer pretend they were any kind of unbiased publication. They fellate whoever pays for ads, and today that must include Honeyed Infant, Inc. I was out long ago.
Leisher
Site Admin

Sweet Baby Inc

Post by Leisher »

Did I mention that the article blatantly lies and never even mentions Sweet Baby's attempts to get the curator cancelled?

Journalism 2024!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Sweet Baby Inc

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:45 pm Did I mention that the article blatantly lies and never even mentions Sweet Baby's attempts to get the curator cancelled?

Journalism 2024!!
PC Gamer isn't "journalism" imho.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Sweet Baby Inc

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:26 pm
Leisher wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:45 pm Did I mention that the article blatantly lies and never even mentions Sweet Baby's attempts to get the curator cancelled?

Journalism 2024!!
PC Gamer isn't "journalism" imho.
Fair. And to Gordon's point, they really didn't make it a secret years ago when they started selling review scores, opinions, and coverage.
Leisher
Site Admin

Sweet Baby Inc

Post by Leisher »

This could have gone in "Today in Racism" or "Today's Moron Champ", but I stuck it here because it's about gaming and this woman worked for Sweet Baby, Inc...because of course she did.

Takes a special kind of stupid to go on social media and admit you are in violation of federal law.

She also proves, yet again, that the most racist people are the ones who claim to be the least racist.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Sweet Baby Inc

Post by TheCatt »

I was going to say that companies under 15 employees are generally exempt from discrimination laws, but she says a team of 21, so....
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Sweet Baby Inc

Post by GORDON »

She's black so she might get life in prison for this.
Leisher
Site Admin

Sweet Baby Inc

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:24 pm I was going to say that companies under 15 employees are generally exempt from discrimination laws, but she says a team of 21, so....
Well, Cliffhanger can't be happy nor can EA their parent company, both of whom hire a fuckton more people.
GORDON wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:33 pm She's black so she might get life in prison for this.
You meant to say key to the city, right?
GORDON
Site Admin

Sweet Baby Inc

Post by GORDON »

Was commenting on the cliche that black peeps get treated more harshly by the criminal justice league. Or system. League is what autocomplete suggested and I thought it was funny.