Hewlett Packard

Leisher
Site Admin

Hewlett Packard

Post by Leisher »

Let's talk about this dumpster fire of a company and their jackass CEO.

Facing an antitrust class action lawsuit over their strict rules about using only their cartridges.

See, HP bricks your printer if you use 3rd party carts because they could have a virus.

HP has been doing this since 2016, but such an attack wasn't proven until 2022. Meaning they were bricking printers 6 years before they were even able to prove a virus could be introduced via 3rd party print cart.

Meanwhile, HP's CEO says they plan to make printing a subscription model and customers that don't use enough of their supplies are "bad investments". (See the clips below which are setup for those quotes.)

The problem, sir, is that you're going to discover what a lot of media channels learned during the ongoing streaming wars: "Most people don't need you."

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Hewlett Packard

Post by TheCatt »

I can't remember the last time I bought an HP anything. Oh right, it was a laptop around 2005, and it sucked balls. HP is dead to me.

For printers/copiers/MFCs, get a Brother.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Hewlett Packard

Post by Leisher »

HP PCs are total garbage.

I've been moving to Lexmark printers. I like them.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Hewlett Packard

Post by TheCatt »

Never owned a Lexmark. Brother, Dell, HP, and Canon, I think.
Cakedaddy

Hewlett Packard

Post by Cakedaddy »

I've had many brothers, and they all sucked. Didn't last long. I've had 1 lexmark and had nothing buy driver issues. Family members had them as well, with driver issues. I had an Oki printer, and it lasted a long time and was great. It got to the point that it was so old, I couldn't buy replacement parts/toner for it. I've had many HP printers. They were all tanks that wouldn't quit. First was an ink jet. It was retired when I bought a 'better' brother MFP. Which was replaced by a 'better' brother MFP because the first kept being a piece of shit. For many years, I had a very used HP laser jet that I brought home from work. It printed 1000's more pages for me and was retired when I bought the Oki color laser printer. I went back to HP for my current printer. So far so good, but it's only about a year old.

Brother - Sucked. Bought 3, they all died early.
HP - Tanks.
Lexmark - too many driver issues.
Oki - worked well and lasted a long time. Longer than the $350 I paid for it warranted.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Hewlett Packard

Post by TheCatt »

HPE hacked
HPE said that the group “accessed and exfiltrated data beginning in May 2023 from a small percentage of HPE mailboxes belonging to individuals in our cybersecurity, go-to-market, business segments, and other functions.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Hewlett Packard

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:47 pmHP - Tanks.
Honestly, they make a damn good printer generally. However, their software is getting crazy intrusive. They're also starting to experience more and more issues like communication errors.
Leisher
Site Admin

Hewlett Packard

Post by Leisher »

HP is going to roll out their "print subscription plan".

I'm not even posting anything from the article here. Go read it and see for yourself what the details are. They legit think this is a great deal and people are going to sign up in droves.

On behalf of all consumers, go fuck yourselves with a chainsaw.