Toem

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Toem

Post by Leisher »

Received from Humble Bundle.

Maintains an "Overwhelmingly Positive" rating on Steam, and I get why. Very charming, cute, casual puzzler with perfect graphics for its tone.

You are some creature who is heading out into the world to experience Toem. To get there you need to complete tasks in each town along the way to earn free bus rides to the next place. Everything you do involves your camera.

The puzzles range from super easy to takes a minute because seeing what you're looking for is "out of frame" or you're using real world logic. That's not saying the puzzles are bad. None are ridiculously hard, but you may definitely find yourself "stuck" briefly if you're going to "completionist". And it is easy to get there. I got all 48 achievements and saw two Easter Eggs. My time in game says 35 hours, but a LOT of that was my PC sitting without me playing. Real playtime is 5-10 hours. So don't pay too much.

The devs did a free add on to thank people for their overwhelming support and it finds the rest of the game perfectly. It also happens to be where I encountered the only bug. I fixed the issue by closing the game and reopening.

If you like the genre and are looking for a low energy palate cleanser after knocking off a huge slog of a game, this is definitely recommended.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”