The Domestic Terrorism Thread

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That's not a bad idea. Better there over a more crowded place.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

That's some nice autocorrect in the first sentence.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:09 pm Sounds like going? And trying to get security agents, maybe?
Alarms were raised from New York to Washington, DC, late Wednesday morning after the incident on the US side of the Rainbow Bridge crossing. Investigators believe the couple was traveling in a Bentley at high speed when it struck a curb at a checkpoint, then hit a guardrail that sent it airborne and into a screening area before exploding, according to the sources.
Old and the pedal "stuck"?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I really don't blame anyone for thinking terrorism as soon as this happened.

I do blame them for reporting terrorism, and it was everyone. Some worse than others, but it just goes to show how ridiculous our MSM and politicians have gotten in trying to be first. I even saw a quick blurb (I think on CNN or X...but official MSM outlet account) saying it's believed it was heading to the Macy's parade. Where the fuck did they get that story?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Putting this here because it's one of the possibilities.

Stopped terror attack?
Weirdly timed gas leak?
Meth lab? (This is my vote)
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Sounds like he was just a nut job.

Maybe he turned on the gas in his home and went out in a blaze of glory?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:09 am Saw a cute meme yesterday:

mostly peaceful protest
mostly peaceful protest
mostly peaceful protest
mostly peaceful protest
mostly peaceful protest
INSURRECTION!!!!!
mostly peaceful protest
mostly peaceful protest
mostly peaceful protest
mostly peaceful protest
Federal judge slapping down the "this is all bullshit, no harm was done" with a "well I'm gonna punish you because we can't have this normalized.

Federal judge condemns ‘normalization’ of January 6 while sentencing defiant rioter https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/03/politics ... index.html

So...the only harm he admits was done is that.... His authority was challenged.

And we can't have that.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:55 pm So...the only harm he admits was done is that.... His authority was challenged.
Johnatakis was found guilty in November by a federal jury of seven crimes, including assaulting a police officer and obstructing the congressional proceedings. He has been in the DC jail since his conviction.
Once outside the building, he incited fellow Trump supporters in the massive mob by spewing fiery rhetoric over a megaphone – and later led the charge to breach the police line by using a metal barricade to overpower the officers
?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Of course he was found guilty of 7 crimes. The entire point is that this is all exaggerated by the feds, which the judge's words support. It's about perception of power, no actual, tangible damage. It was a mostly peaceful protest, and half the country is screaming INSURRECTION because polital.opponents must be punished.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:36 pm Of course he was found guilty of 7 crimes. The entire point is that this is all exaggerated by the feds, which the judge's words support. It's about perception of power, no actual, tangible damage. It was a mostly peaceful protest, and half the country is screaming INSURRECTION because polital.opponents must be punished.
Maybe don't break into Congress and assault people?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Maybe.

Maybe don't burn down your neighborhood because you're mad at police. But why not? That's Mostly Peaceful.

They're sending a message, they're not applying justice equally, because unlike a violent BLM protest, a visible, dramatic protest against the government is an attack on their power.

What if EVERYONE got it into their heads they could protest inside "sacred" government buildings?

What if their thoughts went beyond that, to the idea the government should fear the people, the people shouldn't fear the government? Before you know it, stupid americans would think they had all kinds of other rights.

Can't have that.
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:13 pm Maybe.

Maybe don't burn down your neighborhood because you're mad at police. But why not? That's Mostly Peaceful.

They're sending a message, they're not applying justice equally, because unlike a violent BLM protest, a visible, dramatic protest against the government is an attack on their power.

What if EVERYONE got it into their heads they could protest inside "sacred" government buildings?

What if their thoughts went beyond that, to the idea the government should fear the people, the people shouldn't fear the government? Before you know it, stupid americans would think they had all kinds of other rights.

Can't have that.
This is like having to talk to your aging Grandpa about being a racist because black people on TV for like the 100th time;

Hundreds of people were arrested in the unrest following the George Floyd protests.

I've linked this article before. I'll do it again: https://apnews.com/article/records-rebu ... d3345dace8
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:36 am Hundreds of people were arrested in the unrest following the George Floyd protests.
That's true.

I think why people get pissed when comparing that summer vs Jan 6th:

-Dozens of people died that summer. 2 people died Jan 6th and both were protestors. One was shot to death, the other had a heart attack. No, 7 police officers were not killed that day. (Dig through this forum. We posted all the details of the day a ways back.) Was one seriously injured? Yes. It's even said that his injuries did play a factor in his death days later, but were not the only factor. However, counting the suicide of an officer who was there that day, but died months later is like how the MSM will tell you there are hundreds of school shootings each year. (All the other cops died of natural causes or suicide well after Jan 6th.)

-Despite it being called an "insurrection", not a single person has been charged or convicted of said crime. I've said since the beginning it was just a riot, and even CNN has taken to calling it that.

-As it has turned out, many of the "mostly peaceful" summer riots were organized, and thus, planned violence. Remember the stacks of water, signs, masks, and weapons that were documented? Jan 6th, not so much. However, they might share the trait that violence was the ulterior motive. No, I don't think Trump planned it out, but I think the militia guys behind the Jan 6th protest turned riot did intend for violence? I think that's what been revealed?

-Over $2B in damages that summer. How many are still in jail? (Serious question.) Meanwhile, dozens from Jan 6th are in jail for decades for walking around the Capital building. NOT excusing anyone that was violent. Fuck them. They belong in jail. However, there were many people who were just protestors and now are in jail as if they're violent felons. Those people are...I don't want to call them political prisoners because that isn't right...being made examples

-Many D leaders openly encouraged the violence of that summer and have openly told people to get more aggressive in confronting politicians. (Which has backfired on The Squad.) Nobody has held them accountable for their statements. Meanwhile, Trump, despite his private statements, did not publicly tell people to be violent.

-I'm still waiting for someone to explain the violence we see in videos on the outside of the building vs the videos we see from the inside of the building at the exact same time filled with people walking around, taking pictures, cops standing around bullshitting with one another and rioters.

Again, all just my opinion, but those seem to be the points that get people riled up. I think it's why people say there's a multi-tiered justice system and if you're right and/or white, you're going to suffer more punishment than others.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

And thus, the feds are sending a message with the bullshit rhetoric, and tough sentencing.

They can't have their authority challenged.

The judge said it himself, in the link i linked. He literally said it out loud, on the record.