Merry Christmas 2020

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Merry Christmas 2020

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:13 am AITA sometimes reminds me that there is still hope for humanity.
The original was deleted, so there's this:

Honestly, I think reddit's wrong here. They are all suffering, but the girlfriend of two years is getting the equity that the boyfriend had ($112.5k assuming no changes since they bought the house). And, quite frankly, is still young + can go find someone else. Maybe give her a little, but there's no reason for Mike to call his parents narcissistic (a favorite word of the < 30s these days).
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Merry Christmas 2020

Post by Leisher »

They are clearly entitled to that money, and she's no relation. It's a shitty situation, but Mike is the asshole here. If the son didn't want his parents to have that money then their names wouldn't have been on the policy. Would it be nice if they threw her a bone? Of course, but they don't need to and shouldn't be pressured into it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”