2024 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:24 pm
TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:56 pm
Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:42 pm Ya. Let's not worry about electing good people. Just make sure your piece of shit is less of a piece of shit than the other side's piece of shit. Awesome standards.
I don't control it, man
You 100% support it every time you vote D or R.

Vote third party. Until the majority of U.S. citizens do, nothing will change.

And I'm not saying they are the answer. I'm saying the message needs to get sent.
It's never mattered for whom I vote.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:28 pm It's never mattered for whom I vote.
Awww Catt. C'mon, I've seen bumper stickers and yard signs that say "You matter", so stop selling yourself short!
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Rs in good position to win the Senate in 2024.

If they can stop shooting themselves in the foot, which is highly doubtful.

GOP candidate wants to shut down the FBI.

Honestly, this would be far more popular with citizens and other alphabet agencies than I think the article's author realizes. Not saying it's right or wrong, just saying that the FBI would poll around the same as Congress, in terms of, public trust and job approval.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Congrats Americans, this is the horseshit you keep voting for!!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

You're forgetting Clinton.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

No charges for Pence in classified documents scandal.

That clears the way for him to announce his run next week.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Miami's mayor enters the GOP fray.

This guy is an interesting dark horse. Could he be the GOP version of Obama?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:11 am Miami's mayor enters the GOP fray.

I would love a moderate Republican/Democrat.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:50 am
Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:11 am Miami's mayor enters the GOP fray.

I would love a moderate Republican/Democrat.
Ditto. Haven't heard him speak, but he seems to have the looks and charisma.

Speaking of other options, does anyone know anything about RFK Jr? Is he a legit option to Biden? Is he moderate, far left?
Troy

Post by Troy »

Criticism of both those two as far as I can tell:

Mayor of Miami doesn't actually do anything. He's a face with no real substance or experience.
RFK Jr. is a roided up conspiracy guy. Alex Jones like. Big with the Rogan and anti-vaxx crowd.

No reason they couldn't be President after Trump's ascent.

Summary:

Biden: Too Old
Trump: Narcissistic Megalomaniac (also old)
Mayor of Miami: Total unknown, not enough experience
Desantis: Un-charasmatic leader waging a culture war the rest of the country doesn't want. Anti Disney (maybe he’s just a secret Star Wars fan)
RFK: Conspiracy bro meathead

Such a weird timeline we are in.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:36 pm Haven't heard him speak, but he seems to have the looks and charisma.
GAY
Troy wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:54 pm Mayor of Miami doesn't actually do anything. He's a face with no real substance or experience.
Does it even matter any more?
Troy

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:06 pm
Troy wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:54 pm Mayor of Miami doesn't actually do anything. He's a face with no real substance or experience.
Does it even matter any more?
You'd think the R's might be a little more choosy on candidates after accidently electing a fraud cross-dresser to Congress, but that might be me projecting hope upon them.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Mayor of Miami: Total unknown, not enough experience
Like I said, the GOP's Obama.
Troy wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:54 pm RFK Jr. is a roided up conspiracy guy. Alex Jones like. Big with the Rogan and anti-vaxx crowd.
Add "conspiracy" into the overused words pile. People have to stop using it as it's losing all meaning.

Anti-vaxx (movement started by Jenny McCarthy) or the people who spoke out against the Covid vaccine. They are not the same group, so I'm curious for clarification.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:34 pm
Troy wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:54 pm RFK Jr. is a roided up conspiracy guy. Alex Jones like. Big with the Rogan and anti-vaxx crowd.
Add "conspiracy" into the overused words pile. People have to stop using it as it's losing all meaning.

Anti-vaxx (movement started by Jenny McCarthy) or the people who spoke out against the Covid vaccine. They are not the same group, so I'm curious for clarification.
Sure. But I've actually listened to his Joe Rogan interview. The shoe does fit.

Here's some:
  • Wifi causes cancer
    pharmaceutical drugs cause mass shootings
    The election was rigged through ballot fraud (no, the 2004 election!)
    The CIA killed his dad
    Covid is a bio-weapon
    Vaccines cause autism (the same belief that you note McCarthy having above, he's an OG)
    Switzerland and the U.S. have the same rate of gun ownership (I don't even get this one)
    Something in the water is making kids transgender
    Democrats get all the big pharma money
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 51943.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/05/us/p ... -2024.html
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/misinforma ... -rcna90060
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 60440.html

As a one-off, none of these are red flags, but believing in ALL of them, means his brain finds happiness in believing that only IT knows and can see the truth about the world. Which to me is the defining characteristic of what a conspiracy theorist is.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

This post was far more helpful.

Ok, he's an actual nutty conspiracy theorist. Although, to be fair:
The Switzerland thing I had to look up because I've seen that discussed on both left and right Twitter and I didn't get it either. The Swiss rate of gun ownership is around 25% and guns are a part of their culture. Americans seem to be around 32%, assuming legally... So ownership is close (in percentage), but actual crime is not. This one might have some merit, and at the very least should be discussed. What elements are they missing that causes us to have mass shootings?
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:37 pm What elements are they missing....?
An MSM that sensationalizes them?
Troy

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:42 am
Leisher wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:37 pm What elements are they missing....?
An MSM that sensationalizes them?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I don't quite think he meant that.

Violence sells, so the MSM pushes it every time. Maybe if it wasn't forefront in the public consciousness, fewer psychos would think to take that route.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

Sex sells, the MSM pushes it every time. And yet, people are having less sex than ever.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN23J2LI