2024 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Imagining the big poof of dust as ancient and immortal demi-lich Cher eats a bullet.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:11 pm Rob Reiner says he will set himself on fire if Trump wins.
I need a source.

Also, Cher never said that.
In June 2016, Billboard.com reported that Cher and other artists collaborated for a "She's With Us" concert in support of former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign.

According to the article, Cher really did say something about then-candidate Donald Trump making her want to do what the quote meme said, except it was about 2016, not 2024.

"When I see Trump talking, I just want to blow my brains out," she said. "Well, maybe not my brains but I'm just like, 'What are you talking about, Jesus! I know that Hillary fights for equality for all people and we are no good unless all of us are equal."
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:20 pm
Leisher wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:11 pm Rob Reiner says he will set himself on fire if Trump wins.
I need a source.

Also, Cher never said that.
In June 2016, Billboard.com reported that Cher and other artists collaborated for a "She's With Us" concert in support of former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign.

According to the article, Cher really did say something about then-candidate Donald Trump making her want to do what the quote meme said, except it was about 2016, not 2024.

"When I see Trump talking, I just want to blow my brains out," she said. "Well, maybe not my brains but I'm just like, 'What are you talking about, Jesus! I know that Hillary fights for equality for all people and we are no good unless all of us are equal."
I began a small search, but there are around 4500 posts on it because he's trending. I think he's one of the celebs who said he was moving out of the U.S. in 2016 and also has publicly quit X and is still there.

Shame about Cher. Based on this quote, she'd survive the shot.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:20 pm I know that Hillary fights for equality for all people
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Hillary fights for Hillary and only Hillary.

And there's a trail of bodies that got in her way a mile long.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Contrary to the dominant perspective, a new study from 45 nations found no evidence that people at the political extremes are the most knowledgeable about politics. Rather, those moderately left-wing and right-wing appear more knowledgeable than people at the extremes and center of politics.
OK, seriously? People thought that? Those people are stupid. As stupid as the political extremists.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Feels appropriate. (Reminder: This is a parody account.)
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It's sort of amazing to me how both sides try their hardest to get their extremes, who wouldn't vote any other way anyway, and then can't understand who the majority in the middle are basically voting against someone, not for someone.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

You lost your way on the wording I think, but I agree. I've been beating that drum forever. Fuck your base. They aren't voting for the other person no matter what.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

A current headline for a video story on CNN: ‘Could there be two worse options?’: Undecided voter weighs in on 2024

That pretty much sums up how the majority of the country feels.

Thanks cultists!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Yep. What a weird world.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Biden leads Trump in 8 polls

But those polls are really small no name polls that are probably in urban areas. Trump still leads in most nationwide polls.

This is probably going to be the closest race two 80 year olds have ever had.

I don't know who will win, but I know it won't be American citizens.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:15 pm I don't know who will win, but I know it won't be American citizens.
Lol. I read the first half and was going to say "Not America"
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Hillary led trump in polls, too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

RFK Jr says Biden is a bigger threat to democracy than Trump.

I wouldn't say Biden specifically, but the Ds absolutely.

1. Refusing to require IDs to register to vote and to vote. (Only 1 of 47 Euro nations don't require an ID to vote.)
2. Mail in voting. (We're only 1 of 10 countries that allow no excuse mail in voting.)
3. Allowing 10M illegals into the country and giving them 3x the financial benefits of our homeless veterans.
4. Refusing to disqualify said illegals from census counts which equals more House seats in D districts.
5. Refusing to deport said illegals if they commit felonies.
6. Trying to disarm citizens.
7. Trying to eliminate the Electoral College.

That doesn't end with everyone getting a pony. It also is an actual threat to the way the country works versus a bunch of unorganized and unarmed tourists breaking into the Capital building to pose and take pictures. Ignorant, brainwashed jackasses with, literally, no ability to affect anything involving the election.

The list above? That's how you take over a country without a shot being fired. You don't need to stage a coup when your opposition has no chance to ever win an election or a vote.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Yabbutt Reagan I mean W I mean trump i mean insurrection I mean piss tape I mean covfefe
Troy

Post by Troy »

RFK is an absolute crackpot, that is still stealing Trump votes despite trying his hardest to go independent and criticize Biden (which caters to the Trump base, AGAIN)

More power and publicity to him!

Most of these are just R talking points which will further siphon Trump votes, However...

Electoral College changes? All those square miles where nobody lives that vote so reliably RED!? And the system has shown to be cult/fascist resistant, right? Glad this is the first time someone has UNFAIRLY tried to sully the name of the Electoral College!!
Following the results of the 2020 United States presidential election, an obstruction scheme was devised by outgoing 45th U.S. president Donald Trump and his allies in seven states, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan, Arizona, Wisconsin, Nevada, and New Mexico, to create and submit fraudulent certificates of ascertainment that falsely asserted Trump had won the electoral college vote in those states
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Troy wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:51 pm RFK is an absolute crackpot
No argument, but it doesn't make him wrong on everything.

There were 7 items, all mine. Not sure if that makes me the crackpot, but they're all 100% true.

Sticking with the one you attacked, I guess you forgot when Ds tried an obstruction scheme to block Trump from winning in 2016.

It's fun watching party positions change based on their current situation. In 2000 Ds were all about "the popular vote should have won", but in 2004 they had the opposite opinion because Bush won the popular vote.

Despite BOTH PARTIES attempting to steal elections by circumventing the EC, the EC > Direct Democracy. It's not even disputable. As the saying goes, "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner." It's why the forefathers hated it.

The average IQ is 99... Our cities are bankrupt, filthy, crime ridden shitholes and overwhelmingly D controlled. Because the ignorant people there keep voting for the same shit over and over and over. (Sorry, but if you are a single letter voter, you're ignorant.) We just added 10M more people to these areas paid off sponsored by the D party and who statistically have lower IQs, fewer skills, and less education. We've gone out of our way to make sure election laws aren't obstacles to those 10M possibly voting. And you want to take away the voting power of everyone that doesn't live in the top 3 cities in the U.S.?

Sorry for the mini rant, but Direct Democracy? That's gonna be a no from me dawg.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:22 pm In 2000 Ds were all about "the popular vote should have won", but in 2004 they had the opposite opinion because Bush won the popular vote.
Bush won both votes in 2004. I have no recollection of D's changing their minds about the popular vote though.