2024 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Troy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:50 pm Sex sells, the MSM pushes it every time. And yet, people are having less sex than ever.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN23J2LI
Probably cuz they're losers.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

Post by Troy »

My best guess an interaction between these two data sets, and inability to agree on effective country wide gun regulations.

Last edited by Troy on Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Honestly, according to the averages I've heard, I'm having enough sex for like half a dozen incels.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:55 pm Honestly, according to the averages I've heard, I'm having enough sex for like half a dozen incels.
High five brother, we're doing our best.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Troy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:50 pm Sex sells, the MSM pushes it every time. And yet, people are having less sex than ever.

People do mass shootings for attention, and the media gives it to them every time. Their message goes out to the whole world. The media doesn't care when some random dude fucks random chicks. That's not news. Well, unless you're 15.

Not sure how me not wanting the media to give the shooter exactly what they are after is me trying to normalize them.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:25 pm

People do mass shootings for attention, and the media gives it to them every time. Their message goes out to the whole world. The media doesn't care when some random dude fucks random chicks. That's not news. Well, unless you're 15.

Not sure how me not wanting the media to give the shooter exactly what they are after is me trying to normalize them.
Sure seems like SOMEONE cares:

Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm not sure what you are showing, or what your argument is.

But, I will say:
I have yet to see a top headline on any news source that says "TROY GOT LAID LAST NIGHT!!" But if you shoot up a McDonald's tomorrow, you'll get your name on the front page.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:26 pm I'm not sure what you are showing, or what your argument is.

But, I will say:
I have yet to see a top headline on any news source that says "TROY GOT LAID LAST NIGHT!!" But if you shoot up a McDonald's tomorrow, you'll get your name on the front page.
I'm just struggling to how you can "sensationalize" a mass shooting. You seem to want to treat it as a normal part of society we should just accept? It's news, that people care about. Crime and murder, especially mass murder, is a topic that people care about.

As far as a more reasonable comparison to my own sex life: nobody cares when Joe Blow goes to a shooting range, or shoots skeet with his buddies, or bags a bunch of animals on a hunt? Those don't make the news either. Nobody cares. That's normal and safe gun behavior.

Sex stories that drive views/clicks are: "Hot lady teacher sleeps with student", "Professor fucks his dog on a trail," "39 sex tips to please your man***"

Gun related topics that drives views/clicks are - "mass shootings, gun control debate, and maybe crime related (depending on what part of town it happens in)

The MSM are businesses. They make money by putting out content people are interested in. I just don't understand why you want to censor them, nor do I think it would be effective. Not unless you rewind time to a period before guns and restart society by addressing guns in a holistic manner. Which is not possible. That ship has sailed. Being a ostrich with your head in the sand doesn't seem like the play.

***"39? It's 3 things, suck his dick, make him sandwich, and shut the fuck up" - Dave C.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Troy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:56 pm
GORDON wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:55 pm Honestly, according to the averages I've heard, I'm having enough sex for like half a dozen incels.
High five brother, we're doing our best.
We really do need a like button.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

And there you have it. Media is a business. And they are going to 'sensationalize' things so you want to click on them. They censor stuff all the time too. If they don't want you to know about it, they don't report about it. If it's an idea they don't like, you won't see it. Etc. They COULD just say "Another mass shooting occurred" and leave it at that. But to publicize and print the manifestos, their ideals, etc. . . just gives them exactly what they wanted. Yes, people want to know "Why?" Well, because they're crazy selfish assholes. The why doesn't matter and let's not give them the satisfaction of spreading their word. But, business is business, so lets print it. The next shooter says "Gosh I wish there was a way to get the word out. . . I guess I'll need to shoot up a school too." If you asked a mass shooter why they did it, they'd say "Because it works".

Of course I don't blame the MSM for shootings, and they don't cause or create them. But they DO promote them.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I don't have anything valuable to add further other than that there are interesting parallels in your argument to gun control proponents smashing their head against the second amendment. Only the press is covered by the first, which is way more specific in its protections and freedoms.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm not trying to censor the press. I'm asking them to do better. They have an agenda, and that takes precedence over responsible journalism.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I bet a dollar that no matter who won, it would be the official start of Civil War II.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

DeSantis discusses plan to end "woke" programs in the military and boost recruiting.
DeSantis earlier Tuesday unveiled a plan that would eliminate diversity initiatives, punish former military leaders who engage in politics and end programs designed to ready the country’s national defense system for a climate change future.
If the diversity is about getting more ______, then it should not be ended. However, if it's about not accepting _________ because we're trying to get more ___________, then it should be ended. That's not diversity, that's racism.

I do not understand why we'd punish former military leaders who get into politics?

I'm on board with the last one though. Corporations are the biggest polluters and if our government isn't making them change, then why should the military? That being said, it's not hard or expensive to properly dispose of waste and setup recycling programs.
He would also revoke a policy that allows transgender personnel to serve in the military in their preferred sex, reinstate personnel who were dismissed for refusing a coronavirus vaccine and end Department of Defense efforts to combat extremism. The plan would also put in place gender neutral standards for women and men who serve in the armed forces, and he would oppose including women in a military draft.
I'm fine with the first one because the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.

Second one is a big yes.

Third one I need more info. At face value, no they shouldn't end that. However, are the efforts ridiculously overboard and geared towards specific targets while ignoring others? Point being, we hear a LOT about how "white supremacy is the greatest danger this country has ever faced", however the actual statistics of gun violence and terrorism don't support that statement. Not saying they shouldn't stop white supremacy groups, just saying it should not be the sole focus.

Gender neutral standards I'm down with. If you can't do the job, you shouldn't have it.

And the last one should have the modern feminists up in arms raging about equality, but we all know we won't hear a peep from them about this...

So I mostly disagree with his plan.

On a different note:
The research, used by the Army’s marketing arm, asked respondents to evaluate potential barriers to entry into the military branch – putting aside worries over possibility of injury or death, emotional or psychological harm and leaving friends and family, the top three barriers to entry.

Without those three worries on the list, concerns over the Army placing “too much emphasis on ‘wokeness’” ranked ninth, while concerns over discrimination against women and minorities ranked second.
Tell me again how people aren't completely fucking brainwashed. "Discrimination against women and minorities" ranked second in the poll. Tell me you're never been in the military without telling me you've never been in the military.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

DeSantis campaign doing more cost cutting.

That can't be a good sign, right?

Anyone seen any polls lately? Who is the R front runner if Trump can't run?

Are there odds on a Trump-RFK Jr. ticket? I'd like to put $5 on it. :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Cost cutting is never a good sign. It's trump vs Biden again folks
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I feel like that should have been in the moron thread. Not like he's actually got a chance in the general election.