2024 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

To be fair, this thread and the moron thread could be the same...
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

D voting state prefers Biden > Trump.

Duh.

Although, the more interesting news is that the majority of voters don't want either one of them.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

We will be given the candidates the Parties give us, and we will like it.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

My signature was a warning and few listened.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

What's most concerning to me isn't the numbers, it's the candidates.

Folks like Bill Maher and that Minnesota Rep are begging the Ds to dump Biden for someone the country actually wants.

The Rs have a different problem as Trump apparently still has enough of a base that they're terrified to cut ties with him. Plus, he might be the only R whose numbers are beating Biden right now.

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Hillary warns Trump part 2 will be "the end of our country".

This right here is how any sane and rational person should be able to spot someone that's full of shit. I have been hearing this same rhetoric every presidential election forever from both sides. It's absolute horseshit, and any person that utters it should immediately lose all credibility.

I don't want Trump or Biden to be president again, but I also want people to stop with this sort of fear mongering bullshit.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

And even though I agree with like 90% of their platform, this is why I can never admit to being a democrat in public.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Funny story.

Back during Hillary-Trump, my right wing dad got into an argument with me because I said I was voting third party. He said, "This is the most important election ever. If Clinton wins, it could be the end of our country."

Four years later, my left wing wife got into an argument with because I said I was voting third party. She said, "This is the most important election ever. If Trump wins, women will lose all of their rights."

You can't make this shit up. They're brainwashed cultists. Very smart outside of politics, but when it comes to politics, it amazes me how dumb and tribal people become.

This is part of why I am so done with the two parties and people who claim one is better than the other. They're two sides of the same coin. Neither actually works for us.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Third Party Crew represent.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:27 pm This is part of why I am so done with the two parties and people who claim one is better than the other. They're two sides of the same coin. Neither actually works for us.
I still argue one party is better for America than the other. Though neither is close to ideal.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:54 pm I still argue one party is better for America than the other.
I know you would. I respect your opinion. However, I think it is dangerously wrong. And that is NOT saying the other is "better".
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Postmark on the one said Portland, OR so it's a crazy peson.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:29 am
Postmark on the one said Portland, OR so it's a crazy peson.
Absolutely fair assumption.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

ptat7sjszh0c1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Here's my platform:

- Raise minimum wage to $15
- Shut the illegal border. Send people back home.
- Raise taxes on those earning more then $400k/year
- Raise capital gains and dividend taxes for those earning more than $400k/year
- Legal abortion.
- Support for Ukraine + Israel
- Remove China's cheap mailing program to the US
- Death penalty to scammers
- Increase punishment for all crimes.
- Legalize non-hard drugs (pot, LSD, shrooms)
- Increase police spending/crackdown on crime
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I agree with everything except your crime platform.

Doesn't the USA already have the highest per-capita incarceration rate?

I would recommend a completely draconian "retraining" system for repeat offenders, up to and including taking away their children so they can be raised better. The offenders get removed from society to an island (I still recommend Australia) and they get to play "how can I be a better person" somewhere in the outback.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:51 pm Doesn't the USA already have the highest per-capita incarceration rate?
Probably.
GORDON wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:51 pm I would recommend a completely draconian "retraining" system for repeat offenders, up to and including taking away their children so they can be raised better. The offenders get removed from society to an island (I still recommend Australia) and they get to play "how can I be a better person" somewhere in the outback.
I won't argue.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:10 pm - Shut the illegal border. Send people back home.
Wouldn't it be easier to just issue them SS# and be done with it? They are already here getting free education, health care, etc. Put them on the books and start taxing them.
Heavily punish the people that hire undocumenteds. THEY are the ones perpetuating it. They save a TON of money by not paying the worker a fair wage, they don't pay taxes, they don't pay insurance, etc, etc, etc. The biggest winners in all of this are the people hiring them. End that.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:10 pm Here's my platform:
Oh yeah, and bring back mental institutions.