2024 General Election Thread

For stuff that is general.
Troy

Post by Troy »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:21 am I think Trump deserved to be in court, so not a strategy that's applicable to other cases.
Like imagine the level of what Trump has done with all these court cases dropping left and right.

If you or any one of us were Matt Gaetz, we would be in PYITA prison.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

My far, far left, self-proclaimed woke wife was complaining to me yesterday about her parents. Dad's a lifelong union member and D voter, because the union told him to vote D, despite the fact that most of his world views don't match D policies. Mom is partially woke. (Side note: Their bookcase has every Bill O'Reilly book ever written. I haven't asked who read them.) They apparently got in a bit of a mild argument over the election. My wife is refusing to vote for Biden or Trump and that's got my in laws slightly upset. "But you have to vote for Biden or Trump might win."

Hilarious because I heard the same, but opposite thing from my right leaning parents when it was Trump-Hillary. When both parties' big talking point is "Vote against the other guy", it says a lot.

My wife, and understand that a LOT of her world views are created by far left TikTok, said that she and "a lot of people" think the U.S. probably wouldn't be involved in all of these conflicts if Trump was still president. The anti-war crowd is coming out in a big way against Biden and the Ds for funding Ukraine and Israel. (And am I forgetting a conflict?)

We often make jokes about someone going so far over the political horizon that they come out the other side, but here it is in reality. Now, they're NOT voting Trump. They just believe Biden is worse or an equally bad option.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:21 am I think Trump deserved to be in court, so not a strategy that's applicable to other cases.
A lot of them deserve to be in court, but it's The Great Enemy that is, right at the beginning of the campaign cycle.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Let's be honest, they ALL belong in court. The only ones who face prosecution are the ones they want out of their club.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

"The Parties" don't want anyone who won't "Play Ball" with them on their big-picture goals.

I can easily see trump as one who has no interest in "playing ball" with anyone, nor really even be aware there's a game going on. Of course neither party wants him. So he's in court over a hush-money-payoff that a thousand celebrities and politicians have paid off in the last 50 years, getting prosecuted, on camera, at the start of the election cycle.

Crazy coincidental timing.

I expect him to get off this time but be in court again in September.
Troy

Post by Troy »

I think getting objected to during their opening statement, and getting it sustained twice (!) by the judge is such an insane legal thing to happen Trump is fucked. He and his people are lying in the one place if you lie with facts at hand, someone will enforce the truth with a gavel. Sucks. Not really though.
Last edited by Troy on Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Troy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:31 am I think getting objected to In your Opening statements, and getting sustained twice (!) by the judge is such an insane legal thing to happen Trump is fucked. He and his people are lying in the one place if you lie with facts at hand, someone will enforce the truth with a gavel. Sucks. Not really though.
His supporters will see it as proof the judge has already convicted him.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:02 am
Troy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:31 am I think getting objected to In your Opening statements, and getting sustained twice (!) by the judge is such an insane legal thing to happen Trump is fucked. He and his people are lying in the one place if you lie with facts at hand, someone will enforce the truth with a gavel. Sucks. Not really though.
His supporters will see it as proof the judge has already convicted him.
I genuinely think they might be creating a martyr in Trump.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I laughed and would laugh if it happened.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »