Post-Corona Economy

For stuff that is general.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

It's east side of LA, near China town, far from the airport. My guess is Cake's. A quick google search says gas is no more than $5 anywhere else in LA.

In Fayetteville, WV, there's a gas station we'd drive by that closed in the 90s, and still had it's sign up for $1.something gas.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Word.

Have just noticed very elevated gas prices near rental car returns.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:20 pm Posting the whole tweet so you can click it and see the thread. Other people confirming this with photos of their own and whatnot.
You can click the tweet and find out exactly where it's located, that it was open, etc.

Picture was taken at 7:13 p.m.

The station's door is propped open. There's a woman right outside it next to a scooter. There's a pickup truck at a pump in the back of the photo. There's another photo of it taken in daylight with the same numbers.

I lean towards some sort of mistake, but that place is not closed.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Prices went up again.

Inflation, greed, or corporations needing to continue the unsustainable and insane demand of growth every quarter or Wall St throws a hissy fit? :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Biden really fucked Europe.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:56 pm Biden really fucked Europe.
Context? That just aimed at random morons on the internet who blame the person in charge for everything or aimed at someone here?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Hey, at least they eradicated COVID.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:26 pm
TheCatt wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:56 pm Biden really fucked Europe.
Context? That just aimed at random morons on the internet who blame the person in charge for everything or aimed at someone here?
The whole thing about Biden causing inflation in the US. Clearly he caused it everywhere else, too.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

I'd say Trump was more responsible for current inflation.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:09 pm I'd say Trump was more responsible for current inflation.
Liberal cuck
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:00 pm The whole thing about Biden causing inflation in the US. Clearly he caused it everywhere else, too.
Ah, and yes, I agree with you that it's ridiculous to put this all on him. However, his admin did take credit for jobs returning post shutdown, so if they want to take credit for shit that had NOTHING to do with them, then maybe it's fair to criticize them for shit that has NOTHING to do with them? :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

U.S. shippers are seeing a 20% drop in ocean freight orders.

The declines include machinery, household products, industrial products and some apparel.

Ocean carriers are canceling as much as 50% of sailings to rebalance vessel capacity to demand.

Freight prices on one key route from Asia to the West Coast are now down more than 80% from last year.
That's normal?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:40 amThat's normal?
Yes.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by GORDON »

Interesting. I'd hate to see it in a bad economy.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:12 am Interesting. I'd hate to see it in a bad economy.
You would. Read the whole article, demand + rates are just slowing down to normal after last year's unprecedented demand. Check out demand in 2008/2009. Sad.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »

4 day work weeks are working.

Productivity up 35%.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post-Corona Economy

Post by Leisher »