Coronavirus

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:27 pm Has anyone said that?
Don't know. Don't care. They certainly told us that the vaccines were 100% effective and safe. They said if you got it you couldn't get covid. Then all their stories changed and shit got pulled. Now we're being told the new vaccines work.
TheCatt wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:27 pm I mean, just keep changing the goalposts.
Been around you long enough I'm bound to pick up your tactics. :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Coronavirus

Post by Cakedaddy »

Of course they aren't 100% effective. It's right there in the name: N95. But to say they are useless, or don't do anything. . . I mean, come on.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:36 pm Don't know. Don't care. They certainly told us that the vaccines were 100% effective and safe. They said if you got it you couldn't get covid. Then all their stories changed and shit got pulled. Now we're being told the new vaccines work.
I never saw 100% data. I remember some 60% to 90% data. Then new variants arrived. Then it turned out protection waned faster than expected.

The stories change, because new data arrives. That's science/life.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:54 am The stories change, because new data arrives. That's science/life.
Duh, but maybe don't go around screaming, "Trust the science!"?

However, when you turn the entire planet into guinea pigs, you don't get to say, "oopsie" when the majority of your claims appear to be wrong. This is particularly true when you fire people or get them fired for not getting your experimental shot. Not to mention publicly shaming them and calling them idiots and so on.

I'm not even getting into the more politically driven horseshit that went on.

The last pandemic was handled about as badly as could be imagined. If covid makes a huge comeback I don't expect they're going to get a lot of cooperation from the general public.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:11 am However, when you turn the entire planet into guinea pigs, you don't get to say, "oopsie" when the majority of your claims appear to be wrong. This is particularly true when you fire people or get them fired for not getting your experimental shot. Not to mention publicly shaming them and calling them idiots and so on.
I went to more than one venue back then that required the "papers, please" vaccination card, in order to get in.

The entire time realizing they just put a "keep out" flier on the barn, when the big doors were wide open. It can be so frustrating having to do things you know are stupid entirely because everyone around you is stupid.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

The Declaration called for an end to economic lockdowns, school shutdowns, and similar restrictive policies on the grounds that they disproportionately harm the young and economically disadvantaged while conferring limited benefits to society as a whole.
So they totally copied me. I am on the record in this thread stating we're paying for an ounce of cure with a pound of prevention.... which is ass backwards. I stated that the mandated policies weren't going to work, that there was no way they were ever going to work, and anyone who understood how germs spread.... or even just saw Outbreak, knew it.

I knew when to keep my mouth shut and go along. In spite of knowing you can't really rush an vaccination the way they did, I knew it would most likely be harmless if ineffective. So I stopped speaking out, kept my mouth shut, got all the shots, got covid twice anyway, and the only argument anyone can make was "well it would have been worse without the shots." That's some good science.

So here we are, economy is still fucked up, kids who missed 2 years of socialization in quarantine at delicate ages are feral, and we still have covid and new boosters going around.

Six years to normalization, unless we're going to count rising consumer prices, supply chain problems, labor shortages, and feral children as the new normal, which I concede may be true. We may never actually get back to the good economy and social structure we FUCKING HAD UNDER *president name redacted.* Jesus christ that's a hell of a fucking thing, with that whole fictional piss tape, and all.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

Yet another new fast spreading variant.

I'm always surprised when I still people wearing masks in public.

Even the most hardcore folks I know have stopped wearing them...ok, there might be ONE person I know who still wears one, but I cannot confirm.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

I'm in airports every month. I always see a few people masked, but not many. They definitely help, so it's a bit of a wonder why so few wear them. Though I wonder why anyone wears the nearly worthless cloth masks.

The weird thing to me is people wearing them outside not in allergy seasons.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

A few months ago I wore a mask when I had a phlegmy head cold, and had to be in public. Figured it probably helped a slight bit not spreading my germs around. I pretended I was back in Tokyo.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:29 pm A few months ago I wore a mask when I had a phlegmy head cold, and had to be in public. Figured it probably helped a slight bit not spreading my germs around. I pretended I was back in Tokyo.
You are a gentleman and a scholar.
GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Back in the day I predicted the measures we were taking to stop Covid were half-assed and were definitely not going to stop Covid, that what was being done was going to damage our economy way more than it was going to help, and I was right.

But I never said masks wouldn't help stop the spread of germs in general. And now it's socially acceptable to mask up from time to time, or when protesting so-called Israeli genocide outside the white house, or whatever. Like in Tokyo. So I do.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:31 pm You are a gentleman and a scholar.
Tell me you've never actually met Gordon without telling me... :D
GORDON wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:34 pm But I never said masks wouldn't help stop the spread of germs in general. And now it's socially acceptable to mask up from time to time, or when protesting so-called Israeli genocide outside the white house, or whatever. Like in Tokyo. So I do.
It's what I always thought, but was told was incorrect right here on these very forums.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:36 pm It's what I always thought, but was told was incorrect right here on these very forums.
i mean, they're not perfect, they just help.

Excess deaths in the US getting back to normal in 2023.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by TheCatt »

If someone like Thib can prove that long COVID is fake, I'd really appreciate that. Healing our youngest would be a great first step. 3 months of hell so far.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/ ... esearchers
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by GORDON »

Tellin ya, man. The real info was released the first week, and then scrubbed.
Leisher
Site Admin

Coronavirus

Post by Leisher »

CA and OR break with CDC guidelines on Covid.

It's interesting that two states that are all about Big Brother government, "trust the science", and yada yada yada are now saying no.
The remaining COVID-19 guidelines that still exist around the US are starting to fade away as we approach our fourth year of living with the pandemic.
I thought every entity that makes such a determination has said the pandemic is over?