Mental Health

You probably can't do it, so don't even try.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:36 pm Staying on the tit longer means better brain development and better grades.

Who would have thought? Nature's baby food is better than horseshit created in a lab? :roll:
Yeah, there was some mom who was all "I don't want to breastfeed," and it wasn't a matter of could they, they just didn't want to do it. So I posted they were not doing the best they could for the kid, and of course, I'm the bad guy cuz she's a shit mom.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:48 pm
Leisher wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:36 pm Staying on the tit longer means better brain development and better grades.

Who would have thought? Nature's baby food is better than horseshit created in a lab? :roll:
Yeah, there was some mom who was all "I don't want to breastfeed," and it wasn't a matter of could they, they just didn't want to do it. So I posted they were not doing the best they could for the kid, and of course, I'm the bad guy cuz she's a shit mom.
I'm 100% on your side, and I'll even go further...

Moving away from the natural roles nature assigned us is having very negative consequences. But that's a discussion for a different thread.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by GORDON »

When you're 60 no one will want to see your tits any more anyway, and since your kids are dumber they won't be able to take care of you as well. Snake eyes.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:25 pm When you're 60 no one will want to see your tits any more anyway, and since your kids are dumber they won't be able to take care of you as well. Snake eyes.
lol
GORDON
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by GORDON »

I've always said that not having kids is great, as long as your plan is to be young and healthy forever.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by TheCatt »

I'm super not going to get dementia then
Leisher
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by Leisher »

There was a study from years back about smoking and mental health. The one positive about smoking, besides making you look cool, is that it apparently helped to prevent dementia.

Considering it also helps people poop, I wonder if there's a link... :D
TheCatt
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by TheCatt »

Life is harder when you are not hot or athletic, especially in middle school.

DUH
The Perils of Not Being Attractive or Athletic: Pathways to Adolescent Adjustment Difficulties Through Escalating Unpopularity
Mary Page Leggett-James, Sharon Faur, Goda Kaniušonytė, Rita Žukauskienė & Brett Laursen
Journal of Youth and Adolescence (2023)Cite this article

Abstract
Adolescents who lack traits valued by peers are at risk for adjustment difficulties but the mechanisms responsible for deteriorating well-being have yet to be identified. The present study examines processes whereby low athleticism and low attractiveness give rise to adolescent adjustment difficulties. Participants were public middle school students (ages 10 to 13 years, Mage = 11.54, SDage = 1.00) in the USA and Lithuania (300 girls, 280 boys; 52.7% girls). Self-reports of alcohol misuse and loneliness were collected three times during an academic year (M = 12.3 week intervals). Athleticism, attractiveness, unpopularity, and peer rejection were assessed through peer nominations
GORDON
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by GORDON »

Wholly due to the persecution from other people.

People don't need to get hotter, they need to get less cruel.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:53 pmDUH
That could be in font sized 1,000,000 and it wouldn't be large enough.
GORDON wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:22 pm Wholly due to the persecution from other people.

You're not wrong, but there is no fix. This shit is deep in our DNA.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:22 pm Wholly due to the persecution from other people.

I mean, ideally both.
Cakedaddy

Mental Health

Post by Cakedaddy »

I feel like the people who wrote this didn't need to study a bunch of people. All they has to do was think "what was high-school like for me?" Then write the paper.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by TheCatt »

Dude threatens online to shoot a bunch of kids.

Gets $1,000 bond.
The Cary Police Department said officers received a notification from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children about someone threatening to become an active shooter against children. Cary investigators determined the threat to be credible, police said.

With the help of the Raleigh Police Department, Cary Fire Department, Wake Regional SWAT team and FBI, authorities took Douglas into custody at the Extended Stay America on 600 Weston Parkway in Cary.

Douglas was released on a $1,000 secured bond.

His first court appearance is scheduled for Nov. 20.

Anyone with information is asked to call 919-460-6436.
That closest school to where that guy was found is our youngest daughter's school.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by Leisher »

Wait. He was arrested two times in two days for the same shit? Was this actually a credible threat? How would he still have access to guns after the first arrest? Did he even have guns at all? Why does he look like Chris Pratt and Conan O'Brien's love child?

Dude makes these threats, gets arrested twice in as many days, looks like that, and lives at an extended stay hotel? I think we can probably let this one go, if you know what I'm saying.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:10 am Wait. He was arrested two times in two days for the same shit? Was this actually a credible threat? How would he still have access to guns after the first arrest? Did he even have guns at all? Why does he look like Chris Pratt and Conan O'Brien's love child?

Dude makes these threats, gets arrested twice in as many days, looks like that, and lives at an extended stay hotel? I think we can probably let this one go, if you know what I'm saying.
This is fun. That article was updated after I posted it for the 2nd arrest.

I sure hope he's not being released again. Put him in the crazy house.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:19 am Put him in the crazy house.
We desperately need asylums again.

I get it. Abuse took place in some. That shouldn't have meant throwing the entire system out. Just put measures into place to prevent the abuse, like how about putting very strict laws into place regarding abusing patients and then...and this part is key...ENFORCE THEM!?
GORDON
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by GORDON »

"Abuse" means shitty employees. How do we weed out shitty employees? Cleaning crazy person shit off of walls isn't going to attract highly paid and professional PhDs.
Leisher
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:34 am "Abuse" means shitty employees. How do we weed out shitty employees? Cleaning crazy person shit off of walls isn't going to attract highly paid and professional PhDs.
Step 1: Background checks.
Step 2: Make termination of problem employees non-negotiable with any unions. Anyone caught abusing patients is not only terminated, but also will face criminal charges.
Step 3: Actually pay well. This isn't McDonald's. This is a job that matters and you're being entrusted to take care of human beings. It's the medical field and the pay should reflect that.
GORDON
Site Admin

Mental Health

Post by GORDON »

A million years ago I saw some show.... maybe a Twilight Zone revival? Where undesirable people got a big "P" tattooed on their forehead. No one was allowed to interact with them for any reason. They'd often starve to death because no one would give them food.

We should do that with people who abuse the elderly/mentally ill/whatever. Then we don't need to worry about them getting rehired one county over.