Ch-ch-ch-China

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by GORDON »

They should put more servers in hotel closets, to hide them.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by Leisher »

At some point someone in DC has to understand this is serious shit, yes?
GORDON wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:09 pm They should put more servers in hotel closets, to hide them.
I see what you did there.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by GORDON »

I mean, there's no way China wasn't reading every bit and byte going through that system, laughing the entire time. And I think I said so at the time, this isn't "ha ha hindsight."
Leisher
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by Leisher »

The world's second largest economy is crashing.

However, there's good news for all the worst workers that China possibly has to offer: jobs will soon be available at Popeye's.

Keeping statistics in China is illegal without government approval.

What a free society.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:56 pm However, there's good news for all the worst workers that China possibly has to offer: jobs will soon be available at Popeye's.
One of the strangest things about Switzerland was looking for dinner one night and finding a Popeyes nearby.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by Leisher »

Yeah, I heard about that one. We are Barracuda customers and they essentially told me that I need to throw away my Barracuda hardware. It's impossible to fix.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:44 am Yeah, I heard about that one. We are Barracuda customers and they essentially told me that I need to throw away my Barracuda hardware. It's impossible to fix.
yyaaaaayyyy. hope the right of your shit wasn't hacked, too.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by Leisher »

Well, it's unknown if that unit was hacked. And I've got other products monitoring the rest of the network for suspicious traffic. So had someone tried doing things from that direction it would have been spotted...I hope.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by Leisher »

In other China news:

China is interfering in US elections and our social fabric.

You know, constantly attacking corporations, holding their data hostage, stealing their data and processes, interfering in elections, and trying to crumble social peace feel like acts of...oh, what's the word I'm looking for...?

If only we had any sort of actual leadership in this country. It seems like something they should and would immediately address.

Huawei tech announcement has caused a massive hubbub.
GORDON
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by GORDON »

Other countries interfering with elections is fine as long as a D gets elected.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:46 pm Other countries interfering with elections is fine as long as a D gets elected.
One does wonder where the public outcry is over China's interference.
GORDON
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by GORDON »

"Literal treason."
Leisher
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by Leisher »

What makes that funnier is that 61% of Americans think Biden was involved in Hunter's business dealings. That would be "literal treason".
TheCatt
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by TheCatt »

Wouldnt it just be graft?
GORDON
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by GORDON »

Doesn't matter. When huge groups of people can claim, with a straight face, "Our democracy was at steak!!!" and not get immediately laughed down, words don't mean anything any more.

Now click this link and give me ad money.
Leisher
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 7:24 am Wouldnt it just be graft?
Fair question, although I should point out that I think graft is a way of sugar coating political crimes.

There is a massive difference between a politician profiting personally while doing something that truly benefits their constituents (or has no negative effect) versus a politician who profits personally at the expense of their constituents. I would consider the first to be graft. The second...I think we need to expand the treason ballpark. Sure, they're not trying to overthrow the government, but they are committing actions that could lead to a breakdown of our country.

Gordon and people like him constantly beat their bibles about cops having authority and weapons, and thus, they should be held to higher standards. A stance I happen to agree with. However, why do we not hold politicians to the same higher standard? These are the bosses of those cops. These are the ones making budgets, setting policy, creating laws, deciding where violence should be used (war, putting down protests, etc.), pardoning criminals, and so on. When politicians are found to be corrupt they should ALL get the treatment Trump deserves and is currently getting.

So in Biden's case, we're talking about Ukraine and China. Can you confidently say that Biden's corruption and working with those governments hasn't weakened the U.S. globally? If Biden isn't in bed with Ukraine, does that war ever happen? Is Europe's economy a disaster now? Would our military stockpiles be depleted? Would we be sending billions over there while a majority of Americans say the economy here is dogshit and they're struggling to pay bills? Do Biden's ties to China explain why the D party was so adamant that we not blame China during Covid, despite all evidence point to them, and why nothing is being done as they hack U.S. corporations, steal secrets, interfere in elections, and generally try to sow enough dissent that they break down the fabric of our society?

I don't know. I think graft becomes treason when the country's actual foreign policy gets affected and/or the day to day lives of Americans are impacted.
GORDON
Site Admin

Ch-ch-ch-China

Post by GORDON »

I think politicians should be allowed ten years in office, then exiled to an island in which there's no communication in or out where their standard of living is that of the average American while they were in office.

Yes, we should hold all people in authority to higher standards, because on top of whatever crimes they commit, they are also keeping regular people down while doing so.