Russia

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

This feels like a repeat of 1990, when Saddam invaded Kuwait. That triggered the largest war since WW2.

Also, been reading some accounts (of dubious veracity) about Russia's failed takeover of some airport. It felt like they tried the same tactics that Schwarzkopf used in Iraq, except without the military expertise. That's surprising to me, I thought their army was better than that.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

Something to keep in mind in the coming weeks is that even though the invasion of Kuwait was clearly fucked, Kuwaitis told a lot of tall tales to international bodies in order to garner more sympathy and outrage. "Babies being torn out of incubators by Iraqi troops" was suggested to be a lie.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Russia

Post by TheCatt »

Poland should invade Kaliningrad.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

Russia

Post by Troy »

Can you fight your way into NATO membership? Seems like it should be one of the options.

Imagine the leaders of any European country - outside Italy? UK? Doing this day 2 of a full Russian Invasion.
Troy

Russia

Post by Troy »

WW3 is quite on.
GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

Oh boy. A convoy is a big, juicy target, and taking out that one probably won't stop there.
GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

YouTube is autobanning everything supportive of the Ukraine, claims it is their automated system getting flooded by russian bots.

To which I say it doesn't matter. Until YT disables that, they are directly aiding russia in this conflict and are a defacto arm of Putin's propaganda campaign.
GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

China blames the USA. Says we caused the attack by warning of the imminent attack.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/25/china/ch ... index.html
Instead, China’s Assistant Foreign Minister Hua Chunying – who repeated staid lines about seeking peace through dialogue and said the situation was “not what we would hope to see” – was quick to point the finger at the US, implying that Washington was a “culprit” for “fanning up flames,” referring to US warnings in recent weeks of an imminent invasion.
Troy

Russia

Post by Troy »

GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

I wonder why we're stopping at "economic sanctions." How about a full-on economic embargo?
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Russia

Post by Troy »

Russia going so wide, still without winning air superiority? What in the world are they doing? Hitler's Blitzkrieg was a million dudes.

Longer it drags on the less likely any of this plan makes sense.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Russia

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:44 pm I wonder why we're stopping at "economic sanctions." How about a full-on economic embargo?
Yeah, I don't get it.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:04 am Also, been reading some accounts (of dubious veracity) about Russia's failed takeover of some airport. It felt like they tried the same tactics that Schwarzkopf used in Iraq, except without the military expertise. That's surprising to me, I thought their army was better than that.
But now that I think about it, this is the same country that tries to field a bunker-fueled aircraft carrier that keeps catching on fire.

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-adm ... ed-2021-11
GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:07 am Something to keep in mind in the coming weeks is that even though the invasion of Kuwait was clearly fucked, Kuwaitis told a lot of tall tales to international bodies in order to garner more sympathy and outrage. "Babies being torn out of incubators by Iraqi troops" was suggested to be a lie.
How timely.

Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

Twitter is saying things are not going well for Russia in Ukraine.

Reports of Russian soldiers deserting their equipment/vehicles, a top elite general being KIA, planes being shot down, radiation levels rising at Chernobyl, tanks getting their asses kicked by Javelin missiles, protests galore in Russia, etc. Even China has acknowledged they recognize Ukraine's sovereignty.

Now Twitter is also saying booting Russia from SWIFT is being discussed again.

Putin is pot committed, so the world's leaders need to help him save face so this can be over. Schedule immediate talks for a cease fire very publicly and then figure something out so he can back down without looking weak. We all know that's what he needs at this point.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Troy

Russia

Post by Troy »

Hoping for peace soon, point proven. Russia can do a lot worse.
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

Read the article. Germany is breaking a long standing policy and sending weapons and such to Ukraine. US and EU agree to cut off some Russian banks from SWIFT. And look at those kill numbers. I'm begging world leaders to realize Putin needs help to get out of this before he does something stupid. As Troy said, Russia can do a lot worse.
Troy

Russia

Post by Troy »

Incredible to see large scale cyber war fare for the first time.
https://www.freightwaves.com/news/globa ... ns-systems

Meanwhile as I post this Kremlin's main website is not loading...
Troy

Russia

Post by Troy »

I think ANY article is BS right now. State actors have taken over the media leaks and are running wild shit and confirming. UK, US included. Cyber? PR? It's warfare.