Russia

For stuff that is general.
Troy

Russia

Post by Troy »

Wagner has seized Russia’s southern military hq in Rostov. With tanks.

Equivalent to Blackwater Inc. taking San Diego.

Gonna be a Tom Clancy weekend.
GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

Seems that Wagner either wins and takes over russia, or loses and ceases to exist as a private army, or whatever they are.

And I've been contemplating how they can exist as a private army in the first place. They seem to have nation-level munitions.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Russia

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:52 am And I've been contemplating how they can exist as a private army in the first place. They seem to have nation-level munitions.
They were leading the charge with penal battalions*** in Bakhmut. So I guess the Russian miliary decided they needed artillery, and air defenses.

Now the air defenses are being used against Russian attack helicopters IN Russia. This is nuts.

*** This sounds like something out of Warhammer 40k
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

I thank Twitter for reminding me that Steven Seagal lives in Moscow.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

The very short coup is now over after "a deal was reached".

Well, that was uneventful.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Russia

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:03 pm The very short coup is now over after "a deal was reached".

Well, that was uneventful.
Blah.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

Russia

Post by Troy »

Boooo. How can the Wagner boys possibility believe they'll actually get immunity after doing what they just did? It's Russia. They are now a huge threat.
Troy

Russia

Post by Troy »

Seriously tho, wtf was that?? From a thunder run to Moscow, half a dozen helicopters (and a bunch of civilians) getting blown up, and it all just wraps up with a bow and Prigozhin getting exiled to Belarus, all in 24 hours.

Wonder if we’ll ever know what really happened?
Last edited by Troy on Sun Jun 25, 2023 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Russia

Post by TheCatt »

Shame the CIA couldn't buy him.
GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

..... or that he didn't stay bought.
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

Whomever came up with "the mayfly mutiny" to describe the whole Russia-Wagner thing deserves a raise.
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

NYT reporter still held in Russia. Evan's first mistake was going to Russia. His second mistake was not being born a black lesbian basketball player or Biden would have traded Thanos to get him returned by now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Russia

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:19 pm NYT reporter still held in Russia.
WSJ reporter.

But yeah, Fuck Russia, and avoid Russia.
GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

Too bad there isn't a union to bust that Biden needs to rescue another American to distract from.
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

Russian talking shit about the U.S.

He's not completely wrong, but he's also nowhere near right either.
GORDON
Site Admin

Russia

Post by GORDON »

"They keep saying how bad we are. So we need to invade ukraine to prove them wrong."

And I guess the unbalanced k:d ratio could be lies? IDK. I didn't go count.
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

Russian drone strikes have pissed off Romania.

Also, tensions between Belarus and Poland are rising thanks to Belarus not respecting the border. Poland is amping up their border presence. If Poland gets into this, then NATO does...
Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

Man, I really hope this is sarcasm. If not, I would pay money to watch this genius attempt to disable a Russian tank.

Leisher
Site Admin

Russia

Post by Leisher »

Ukrainian offensive has basically stalled.

I thought landmines were outlawed?