Canada

For stuff that is general.
Leisher
Site Admin

Canada

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:02 am
Leisher wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:44 am Eggs are way less than $2/dozen here. I think $1.19 is the last price I saw.
Ah, we buy real eggs. So still $5-6/dozen.
I don't know what that means.

I live in the Midwest. Everything here is "real". $1.19/dozen for Large Grade A eggs. I think the farmers selling them from their roadside stalls are still only $2/dz.

Are you buying ostrich eggs?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Canada

Post by TheCatt »

My wife will only buy the ones where the hens are massaged every day, fed fresh seafood, and allowed to run around the whole world without their beaks cutoff.

On 2nd thought, maybe the Canadian woman just wandered into a Whole Foods.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Canada

Post by GORDON »

LOL y'all buy eggs.

I have my own chickens and after expenses my free eggs only cost about $28 per dozen.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Canada

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:02 am LOL y'all buy eggs.

I have my own chickens and after expenses my free eggs only cost about $28 per dozen.
You win.
GORDON
Site Admin

Canada

Post by GORDON »

Well, jk. My starting costs have had their 5 years to depreciate. I do remember that first dozen eggs costing me about $800, though.

Now I buy about 1 bag of feed per month, to augment their evening free-ranging/eating bugs. I get about 4 eggs per day, over 2 dozen per week. 8 dozen in a month for a $16 bag of feed, plus time. My real costs. $2 per dozen, organic and free range.

Three years ago feed was $9 per bag. Thanks obama.
Cakedaddy

Canada

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:19 am wandered into a Whole Foods.
I had this thought as well.

We pay $5 for our eggs too. I don't trust $1 eggs.
Leisher
Site Admin

Canada

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:19 am On 2nd thought, maybe the Canadian woman just wandered into a Whole Foods.
This is an eggcellent point.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Canada

Post by Leisher »

Back to Canada...

Yes, churches have burned (48) after their government made this claim.
GORDON
Site Admin

Canada

Post by GORDON »

It seemed rather incredulous to me even when it was first reported, but then one dares not speak up for fear of being labelled a crazy conspiracist, right?

Everyone lies, all the time.
Leisher
Site Admin

Canada

Post by Leisher »

If you don't know, I didn't, India and Canada are pretty tight and exports to India are a big business in Canada.

However, their governments are not getting along.

This is apparently a really big deal up there and is having a negative affect on the economy in certain regions that rely more on that export money. It could also play a large role in the upcoming Canadian election for prime minister.
Leisher
Site Admin

Canada

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Canada

Post by Leisher »

Posting a video of someone stealing your packages in Canada makes YOU the criminal.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Canada

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:43 pm Posting a video of someone stealing your packages in Canada makes YOU the criminal.
Da fuq. I think video of them committing a crime maybe dents that presumption.
GORDON
Site Admin

Canada

Post by GORDON »

I'd go ahead and let the package thieves press charges, or whatever. Make sure it gets bigger headlines if I'm punished and they aren't.
Leisher
Site Admin

Canada

Post by Leisher »

Police in Canada tell citizens to leave their car keys by the front door so thieves breaking in can grab them.

When is it time to admit your government has failed?
GORDON
Site Admin

Canada

Post by GORDON »

Wouldn't it make more sense to advise people to leave them in the keyhole in the unlocked car, so the thieves don't damage your front door to retrieve them?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Canada

Post by TheCatt »

Why even close the doors?
GORDON
Site Admin

Canada

Post by GORDON »

This feels like the natural result of giving criminals more rights than non-criminals.