Albion Online

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Guess I should visit Bree some day and see what points I have.

In Vegas for the weekend, so just doing the daily basics.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Just won a direwolf that I risked and ended up with an Elite Winterbear worth 3.4 million from RagdollMegs.

When you win her giveaways, you get a direwolf, or you can roll for another mount. She has a bank tab with 50+ mounts from T3 riding horse to mounts worth millions. The majority are in the swiftclaw/direwolf class. But there are a good number of bunnies, those new owls, some T8s, etc. She has google pick a number between 1 and x (x=the number of mounts in her bank) and you win the mount in that slot.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 12:18 am Just won a direwolf that I risked and ended up with an Elite Winterbear worth 3.4 million from RagdollMegs.

When you win her giveaways, you get a direwolf, or you can roll for another mount. She has a bank tab with 50+ mounts from T3 riding horse to mounts worth millions. The majority are in the swiftclaw/direwolf class. But there are a good number of bunnies, those new owls, some T8s, etc. She has google pick a number between 1 and x (x=the number of mounts in her bank) and you win the mount in that slot.
Wow, nice win.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Do you guys have to keep paying each month for your premium or does it automatically get taken out of your account? I've only bought the starter bundle once that i was charged for but after that i've not been charged. If you remember i somehow got a founders bundle for free last month and just yesterday i had another 30 days added to my account. I didn't think there is a recurring payment option that i know of, but rather you pay for you premium each month.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

I've bought 90 day starter bundles twice. Doing that the first time got me a "subscription," that I canceled, and then bought another starter pack.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

I bought a 90 day bundle, and it automatically singed me up for recurring payments. Same happened with my wife. Also had to cancel.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

I checked my account on the Albion website and it confuses me and it shouldn't. there is a column for you keys and your transactions. The transaction side shows what i expect to see, with the hellmare and the mistbison packages that i purchased, but it also shows a 30 day premium that is still unredeemed..

I do see that i'm on a subscription that i evidently signed up for at some point. And i'm guessing thats why i have an unredeemed 30 day premium. becuase when i purchased the hellmare and mistbison i also purchased another 30 days on top of the subscription that i already had. But i still cant for the life of me figure out why and how i got the Founder's pack. that's $50 and i know i never paid for that.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

This past weekend, i decided to level up my other gathering professions so im not only skinning. So i got my pickaxe, wood axe and scythe all up to where i can equip a T5. This took quite a while as i was barely able to equip T3 when i started.

I got them to where i could equip T4 and went to Brecilian and hopped onto the Avalonian roads right from the city. It takes you to a random road anywhere on the map. When you do this, you are much less likely to run into people unless it takes you to a road that comes directly from a yellow zone. I went into there just looking to gather so I'd stay off the main roads and hit the off roads. When you see a spot on the map that shows ore, leather, wood etc. there is a good chance you can find an Aspect mob, which when its killed will drop huge amounts of its related resource. I found a T5 ore aspect that had 104 T5 ore! a T4 wood aspect that wielded 315 T4 wood and a few more along the way. It would take about 10 minutes or so to gather all those resources, but it helped to level up gathering pretty quickly.

I would also kill the solo elite mobs i would find, there were quite a few of them and i was getting 115,000 fame and 200 or more Might points from each. I totally ignored going for chests as those are more contested. If the road had lots of hideouts in them, i'd look for another. I'd also try to find another road if that road had an entrance/exit that lead right to a yellow zone. Way more people on a road that connects to yellow zones. If you found yourself in some road that only leads to other roads or to deep black zone entrance/exits you'd be golden. I was in some of these roads for 30 mins or more and never see one person.

Last patch the price to recall from an Avalonian road back to Brecilian got cut in half if you enter the road from Brecilian. So when i would gather tons of shit i'd just recall, drop my shit off and hit up another road. Seemed to good to be true to be honest, at least for getting gathering fame and some might.

Also, made sense that we'd always run into some people when we entered a road right from a yellow zone and go the nearest green chests... Derp. We should've known better than that.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

I had some luck hitting mists from the black zones. The camps gave better loot and more often than not, the other people in the camp just farmed the camp and we left each other alone. This is different from the yellow zones right after the patch. Everyone attacked everyone there.

Last night, I ended up on Ragdollmegs' stream, joining a group she put together to hit the roads. We weren't there long, but it was cool running with a group. Grabbed some low end chests and searched for aspects to farm. Avoided PvP. Then we did some arenas.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Was doing some gathering in the roads yesterday and came across a T5 ore aspect. Killed it and started gathering the 100+ ore. i was at about 1100 IP as i was also trying to level up my broadsword which is only at spec level 6 right now. Someone comes close and i get eyes on him and he's wielding dagger pair with barely a 900 IP. He ran off pretty quickly so i continued to gather the ore. A few minute later he comes back with another player, someone with cursed staff and also has a low 900 IP. He invites me to his group and i considered it for a few seconds and i thought it was fishy. I was feeling pretty confident so i accept the invite and two of us continue to gather the 20 or 30 ore thats left. I was on high alert the whole time because i knew that they could turn on me at any moment, and of course they did. They had me down to about 50% HP and started to chase me, i had 3 curse stacks on me and i figured i was dead meat. For some reason the curse staff stops chasing and i find myself 1v1 vs the dagger pair. I hit all my cooldowns and obliterate him. Just then the curse staff shows up, i use my invis pot and get away so that i can regroup and mount up. I wanted to go back to loot the corpse but his buddy was guarding it. I knew that i could take him 1v1 once my cooldowns came back but i didn't want to wait and all i could think of was, how many more of his guildies are gonna show up? So i took the pussy way out and left without any loot.. Not that his 4.1 was worth anything but if i kill someone in a black zone i sure as hell wanna get that reward. I'm kicking myself that i didn't go back and smash him for playing that game with me but i had a lot more to lose on me than he did.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

I've been watching Ragdollmegs stream quite a bit because I want the drops and she gives a lot of mounts away. But also because she invites people to join for stuff. The other night, she built a group to hit the roads and OGTraZ3r joined. He's REALLY good at PvP (by my standards) and I could tell he was pretty bored with our gathering and green chest adventures. At one point, we head into a group dungeon and clear it out. We are on the last boss when a dude with dagger pairs jumps us. There were 6 of us, but we were all low IP and PvP newbs. Trazer starts calling shots and taking the brunt of the fight so we could try to escape, or whatever. I went at the guy though because SURELY the 6 of us could take him! In pretty short order, the guy had killed two of us though. He was on Trazer hard because he probably saw him as the biggest threat, but he also had about 900k in gear, so he was juicy. I stayed in the fight and was doing what I could (bow). Early in the fight, he even said I needed to break off and find safety. But short of using A to leave, where are we going to go?! Plus, lets kill him!! Trazer ended up in trouble saying he was at 40% and the guy could execute him. He said he was going to pull him into the dungeon. As Trazer ran past me, I land my ice arrow and stun the daggers. Then I hit with my Q which knocked him back. Saved Trazer. He thanked me. Daggers turned on me so I went invis with my R. This gave Trazer a chance to heal up a bit and came back. That's when he called the others back into the fight. They were all still there just hugging the walls hoping Trazer would kill him. He started saying PvP stuff that none of us could help with. "Let me know when he activates his R so I can purge, blah blah blah". We let him know we wouldn't know so he watched for it himself. I kept landing some stuns, and my Q would knock him around. Then Trazer says "He hit his R! Wait. . . wait. . . Ok, it's purged, HIT HIM!". So we all dump and the dude melts pretty quickly. He had over 2 mill in loot on him. We loot all the dead and leave. We ended up with quite a bit of stuff and we all ended up with about 1.7 mill in loot and resources. We were out for about 90 minutes. It was fun traveling with a group, especially with an experienced guide that would get us into stuff, but then get us back out as well.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Sorry Cake, had people drop by unexpectedly and couldn't get back on to play. i did see u on the stream for a few mins when i had a chance to check it out. Time for u to stream now, i'll sub! :D
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

I probably should have skipped premium for a while between my mom's cancer battle + work + vacation. Probably be back more in late August or September.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

I've had to resort to playing with streamers because you guys aren't around!! The last time I did sucked. Huge waste of time.

I've been doing a ton of black zone mists. I get caught/killed about 1 out of 5 trips (losing about 300k in gear), but can clear about 500k per hour doing it, plus Conqueror's Challenge points/rewards. At the pace I'm going, I could probably get at least 500k points in the next season which gets me a pretty good battle mount (new one is some kind of mech). I should be able to get the weekly chest from now on as well. Getting used to doing them. I still do a fair amount of red zone gathering too, when mists piss me off.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Just went to a solo mist and ran to the nearest camp to clear it. I come upon two guys fighting and they were both very low. They both hit each other at the same time, they both drop. 90 seconds later, I loot both bodies to clear about 450k after repairs.

One of the dudes was in full masterpiece gear. 4.3 thetford cape, 5.2 hunter hood, 5.2 assassin jacket, 5.2 guardian boots. All masterpiece. But fighting with either a normal 4.1 spear, or an outstanding 4.1 quaterstaff. Unless there was another weapon that trashed and these were just spares/loot. The other guy was all 4.1 gear.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

I've been playing when i can, but weekend nights have been busy for the past few weeks. I've mainly been leveling up my gathering while going to the roads via Brecilian. I'm having really good luck finding aspects and farming the solo mobs i see along the way. If i'm in a T6 or T7 road those guys can give like 150,000 fame and tons of might. Also, got my conquerors chest this week too.

Sorry to hear about your mom Catt, we'll still be around when you get back. Hopefully in full T8.3!!
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Been having some pretty profitable trips lately.

Bandit raid where I was able to rat 1.2 million.

Did another outing with Megs and netted 1.5 million in about 40 minutes. Had some combat on the roads which we won (1 million my share). On the way back to dump loot, pulled another 500k (my share) from a chest spawn.
Then went mammoth hunting with the group. Killed one, no baby. Left the zone with 350k loot/resources in about 30 minutes.

Ran out of the Lymhurst portal to look for mists. Found an Avalonian Drone (floating chest things) and pulled 350k out. Ran right back to town. Less than 2 minutes!
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Jemma has 100 animal stuff and can raise T8 animals now. Catt, If you still want an elite direboar, just drop off the baby at the guild house. She'll get it raised and wants to supply all the materials (hearts, leather, food).

And I'll beat you all to the "My wife wants Catt to give her a baby" jokes by just saying, I know the setup is there.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

I've been playing a ton with Megs (the streamer), so I'm moving my portal lock thing to Thetford as that's where most of the events kick off from. FYI.

Also, she's doing a birthday stream on Sunday and is giving away 88m in T8 mounts and growing. RagDollMegs
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Major update just went live today. Stuff I know about:

Islands:
You can now own an island in each city.
Islands are much more expensive now.
You can do whatever you want on each buildable spot. No more building or farm plots. All plots can do both.
Cities offer bonuses to yield for certain crops. Not sure if it's an actual increase for the island, or a decrease for all other islands. I think it's a decrease.
Cities offer bonuses when butchering certain animals. Again, I believe it's a decrease for all other islands.
Animals have preferred foods. The food costs for all animals has doubled. But if you feed them their preferred food, they grow twice as fast. So, again, a decrease in grow speed if you do it wrong.
This creates the need to grow crops in one city, and transport them to the city with the higher demand because that's where the animal the prefers that food lives. And of course, the zone that grows the preferred food is 2 regions away from the matching animal.
This update upsets all farmers. People who own mammoths like this update.
The islands now look like the region they are in. So 5 island skins (maybe 6 or 7. I don't own Brec or Car islands).

Tracking:
You can track creatures that drop special resources.
I've watched streamers do this on the test server. It's ridiculous. Takes about 30 minutes to track it down and kill it.
You track it, and start fighting it. You do some damage and it 'flees'. You track it again, and find it on the opposite side of the map you are on.
Fight it, and it 'flees' again.
Find it on the opposite side of the map.
Fight it and you 'loose' the track. Start over with a new one.
Eventually you are able to kill one.
Maybe it has one of the special resources. It often does not. You score about 2-5k worth of silver.
It was laughable, and sad, at the same time.

Awakened weapons:
I know very little. Some sort of super weapon. I 'think' you use the resources gathered from tracking to make them.

Shape shifting:
Awakened weapons allow you to take the form of different creatures, and the creatures have a different set of abilities you can now use. Again, I know very little about this.