Albion Online

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Went for a chest in yellow mist. Knocked out two of the people, but got down to like 5% health, couldn't get the chest. 5 people battling, maybe 6.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Forts in mist now have small chests. A medium one had 2x10k books. a Small uncommon one had 2.4k worth of garbage. Rare small had 7.2k worth of garbage

found legendary wisp =- pretty plain at first. then found 60k chestthen found another fey dragon - 225k of loot in it.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Set out to convert my BW faction points to silver. Turns out, no one wants BW shit! Prices are low, as is volume! The baby birds sell for like 25k compared to Lym boarlets at 50k+. Best conversion I'm seeing are the beasthearts at 42k each. Which isn't bad, but Lym points are worth more.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:59 pm . Which isn't bad, but Lym points are worth more.
Lymhurst ftw! :P
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

I still think I can make it up in volume.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Ya. They seriously nurfed factions. We captured around 5 zones and I think I ended up with about 6k points. End of raid bonus was 1600 points.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Did a Knightfall (mist dungeon) got 2 200k chests (well, 1 chest, 1 cache or whatever).

Then tried a yellow mist chest, should have won, but I lost :(
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm upgrading my gear from 6.2 to 7.2 to be somewhat more competitive with the 8.3's in there. Changing from Cleric Robe to Hellion jacket for a little more durability.

Did some yellow zone mist as well. First one I did was awesome. Pulled about 150k of loot from uncontested chests. One camp gave me 25k in loot. Then they dried up. Camps were giving a fame book or 2. Chests were contested, but still managed some loot. Last mist gave me a dungeon. Went in and was clearing stuff. Got a little more treasure. Then went for a spawned chest. There was one Axe guy there. We started fighting and we were both at about 70% when a flat 8 nature staff rolled up and attacked. I broke off and the staff focused the axe. I rejoined and went after the staff. We got him pretty low and he broke off. More fighting between the three of us had me pretty low, but the axe was lower and I knocked him down with my E. 1v1 against the staff and we are both down to 2% health. I hit him again and SWEAR I saw him go to his knees. Started opening the chest when he hit me with something knocking me down. It wasn't damage over time because he moved to hit me. I FUCKING HAD HIM! Had I not opened the chest and kept hitting him, I'd have won. Left all mists with just over 500k in loot. I'd say about 1.5 hours of mists.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

The new cache things + the dungeon incent you to move around more in the mists, since you can only see them when you are up close.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:37 pm I'm upgrading my gear from 6.2 to 7.2 to be somewhat more competitive with the 8.3's in there. Changing from Cleric Robe to Hellion jacket for a little more durability.
I run a flat 7 with 2 4.2 pieces. I should look into upgrading, been running this set for a long time.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Did a small 3k fort/whatever in the mist (uncommon mist). Got a "legendary small cache" - 460k of loot :)
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Have you done any faction stuff today? How did the points look?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:07 pm Have you done any faction stuff today? How did the points look?
I got 13k for a faction run that was decent, 7k + 6k. would have gotten 11k for it in the past + bonus.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

The yellow mists were just VERY good to me. I don't know all the events, because it was pretty uneventful. But after 30-40 minutes, I left them overweight with over 2 mil in loot. The star being a 7.3 dagger pair.

I upgraded all my gear, except my cape, to 7.2. I knocked a couple people down fighting for chests. I came across a few 8.x people, and they left me alone. I got 1.2 mil from a legendary camp chest (24k camp). I got a good amount from a dungeon as well.

I'm going back, but I'm taking a wild boar so I can carry more.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

I won a chest in knightfall abbey. 4 people camping it, including myself. I hung back, waited for a fight to start. 2 people started going at it, the other dude + me just watching. Then the 3rd guy engages, and one of the original two runs off. They fight each other, timidly, and I watch. Then walk over to the chest. One of them turns to me, I unload, he drops to 35% and backs off. 3rd guys keeps at 35% guy, I launch a few attacks at the 3rd guy, they're both down to about 35%, I'm around 80%. They run to the edge of the screen, attacking each other, I open chest, loot + run. It was only 50k though.

Yeah, yellow mists are finally good. I expect them to get nerfed in a week.

I placed buy orders for 8.x gear for my fire staff kit.

Went for another yellow mist chest. One other person shows up, we kill the NPCs, then I realize the chest is ready, so I open it, and start taking stuff, other guy walks over, and hits me, but at that point, only 1k of loot is left, so I just leave. 50k chest.

I was in a yellow mist fort with another player, and we were on opposite sides, but I could see his health bar. He dropped to 40% attacking some NPCs, so I ran over and launched a fireball at him to knock him out. Kinda felt bad about it.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Followed the 2+ mill trip with another trip to the mists. This time, the mists said "Fuuuuuuuck youuuuuuu". I got shit for the first hour of running round and knocked down about 6 times. Loot was cover repairs. Then all of the sudden, the mists liked me again. Gave me a griffin to kill in a mist that dropped over 600k of loot. Then right near by was a dungeon and that produced another 500k. Ended the looooong mist run with about 1.7m but spent a few 100k on repairs.

I was in 2 epic mists during this run that produced shit. 1 of them had no camps and no dungeon. 1 had one shit camp, and nothing else.
Last edited by Cakedaddy on Wed May 10, 2023 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

So I'm reading about how to counter the cursed staff. There are a few way, purge not being the only one. Actually, it's a cleanse. Purge clears buffs from your opponent, cleanse clears stacks from you. My current boots are actually a counter in that they give me a .8 second window where I take no damage. I have to time it with their E though. But, I'm told the E is broadcast, so you CAN time it.

Need to do some duels against a cursed staff to see animations and stuff to recognize when things are happening.

I'm also reading that Hellion jackets aren't good for 1v1, which is what I just switched to, for 1v1.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Someone bought ALL of the Expert lymhurst crests on the market. I went and listed 39 @ 50k. Here's hoping. I was wondering if supplies are down due to fewer faction points.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:55 pm fewer faction points
Fewer faction points, and fewer people doing factions maybe, because Mists are so profitable.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Mists have dried up for me. Spent a few hours in them the last couple of days and only about 1.5 million to show for it. Which isn't bad for non-lethal gathering. But when you've been spoiled with 1 mill per half hour, you're left wanting.
I'm getting much better at PvP though. Still losing a lot, but getting better at using my abilities and timing things that counter things.

I converted all of my 'Favor' points into the avelonian version of treehearts the other day. You buy them in Brecilian. I sold them for 52k each. No idea what they are worth now. I went ahead and spent all of my points because it's going to be a very long time before I'm promoted far enough to buy better stuff.