Albion Online

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Well done Cake! Black zone dungeons are said to be too dangerous for the loot you get in return. I haven't run one in some time but i thought they weren't so bad.

I also found that they tend to sometimes spawn right near the entrance like yours did, those are really asking for trouble.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Finally had a good bandit raid. We got hit right at the start in owl song. I actually died in that skirmish getting too close so I could loot. . . Re-equiped and went back out. Met up in Highbole. Made it all the way to Flimmerair before we were crushed by Fort Sterling, the Martlock. BUT we put up a good fight!! TONS of points were earned by all! There was another small skirmish in the middle of the raid somewhere where I was able to grab a 4.3 Martlock cape worth 114k. I was able to grab some other misc stuff near the end taking the loot total to 200k. Damn near died too. One of those situations where we were totally overrun, but they just didn't pick me to kill. Super lucky. I don't know how many points were earned during regular play, but the bonus at the end was 20k. Well done Lymhurst. I never doubted you!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Finally sold my crests (well, except 160 Adept ones), and broke 41M. Tried to join the bandit raid late today, someone tried to PK me, but I avoided it, then the first place I got to, we were fighting Caerleon, and I died.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Finally had a decentish bandit run myself. 24k points total (inc bonus). Didn't rat anything, though. I healed a bunch outside our big fight with Caerleon, and got strangely few points for it. Guess I was healing the wrong people.

Oh, and one point I was holding a fort before a region change, a small Caerleon group came charging in, I triggered my bounce, and they completely fucked up their attack :)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

2 weeks in a row someone has come in overnight on a Thursday and bought ALL of my Expert Crests at 47.5k+. This week I also bought a bunch at < 35k (as low as 30k), so that was nice.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Stranger wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:35 am Was able to finally get my conquerors chest yesterday.
Was looking at my personal stats. We got 1252 points for killing that Arcane Spiderling.
I had PvE (outlands and roads) as half my point total, and hardly did any of that (That I remember). So you must get a lot more points there. The Mist camps were about 40% of my total.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Has anyone else picked up on the Streamer personal life drama unfolding?

Bastila, our favorite pair of tits is a "Christian streamer" who has the camera pointed down her shirt all day and swears like a sailor is divorcing her husband based on "religious differences". Our guess is, he doesn't like his wife selling shots of her cleavage all day for subscription dollars. So she left him and is now staying with T666ommy. She doesn't have her streaming gear setup there, but is sitting just off camera. You can hear her having conversations with people off camera, and he's referenced her being there during his steams. Maybe it's innocent and he's just letting her crash there till she figures her shit out. But, ya. Maybe.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

I've no idea what you are talking about. :)
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

It was my wife that picked up on it.

I figured you guys would have found Bastila by now showcasing her assets while playing the game. While getting the drops.

On a different note, I won another mount. Silver Goliath Horseeater. It's a big spider battle mount. Only worth about 2k though. Won it from GadafTheGreat.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Took one of my alt characters, trained them up to T4 healer gear and joined Bridgewatch faction! I've only done a few battles with them so far.

First was yellow zone and we pushed all the way to Willow Wood. There was about 10 of us. Lyhurst resisted, and the 10 of us pushed them back and continued to capture flags. Then Lyhurst showed up with a large blob and pushed us out. Big difference was, the bridgewatch people would dismount and attack 1 to 3+ odds. Then they'd still escape after killing one or two. I was healing cause fuck it. Eventually, the blog got too big and they got a couple us. I went down easy in my very low skill T4 gear. Earned 7600 points on that push.

Then Bandit started. Had no idea what their pattern was and was behind the group. Because of that, I missed a lot of points getting to flags too late, etc. There was one area, we pushed through too fast and it never captured. No one stayed behind to stand in the circle! Noticed two zones later and had to backtrack. Ran into MASSIVE resistance in the form of an unusually large lymhurst blob and a medium sized martlock blob. Our much smaller orange blob held back and let the blue and green collide. The green blob was much bigger and swallowed the blue blob. Then our small orange started attacking the edge of the green/blue blob. They would go deep. Much deeper than I was ready to go. Then they'd emerge and I'd heal. Did this a few times and then we had to retreat. Danced around in this zone for a while when I noticed we had captured a different zone, connecting our run back to our orange land grab and was continuing on to Martlock. It was about 3 zones a way. By the time I got there, things had broken up enough that I couldn't tell where the fighting was. Connected with a small group that dove a mass of red. I clicked my spells in the wrong order and screwed up my retreat. Got caught with a stun and it was over for me. Was on the field for about 40 minutes, but didn't seem to accomplish much. Looks like about 4k point pre-bonus. Reminder, I have 0% rank bonus. Raid is over in 8 minutes. I'll let you know what the bonus is after that. I got 2600 bonus points!!
I probably would have gotten around 30k fighting with Lymhurst for this raid.

Things I learned: Lymhurst has a prime time of late evening/night time. They had a huge blob, just like they did last night at this time. Bridgewatch had a large blob, but split up and ended up ineffective.
Bridgewatch has a very active faction chat discussing light tactics and calling out zones of interest. Although it didn't work out tonight, they tried. Hard. Even during flag captures, there was about 95% participation. People are off their horses hitting shit. When a red blob comes, they group up and push back. They don't immediately mount up. At least that's what I saw tonight.
I need to figure out the best times to fight with each group.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:20 pm Looks like about 4k point pre-bonus. Reminder, I have 0% rank bonus. Raid is over in 8 minutes. I'll let you know what the bonus is after that. I got 2600 bonus points!!
I got 8k just taking 4 outposts in 2 regions in the very start of bandit raid, then going home.

Missed the bandits by 20 minutes this morning, so I ran yellow faction stuff. It's just "yawn" after bandit stuff, but whatever, got my points. The orange team had a few people who kept attacking us, and it's just weird how seriously some people take yellow zone stuff "Get ready for anal!" on orange player said (I replied "sure, bend over"), and people being all way too serious about worthless stuff - zones flop every hour, no one dies, etc. I got KOd once, was wearing my bandit gear, so repairs were 1700, lol.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Killed a Feyscale dragon in a mist, and got 130k of parts from it.

Then tried to beat some kind of boss, and was going to win, but someone saw me, flagged red, and KOd me (yellow mist) Bah.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Yall renewing for more time? My 3 months is coming up. Looks like you can cancel your subscription + buy another starter park to get a few more gold/skins.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:20 pm Yall renewing for more time? My 3 months is coming up. Looks like you can cancel your subscription + buy another starter park to get a few more gold/skins.
We are. Looking at another 3 month bundle. You could maintain it with silver! I could too, but my wife wants a mammoth. . .

Did another bandit with BW late last night. Went much better. We didn't encounter much resistance, so we got pretty far. Ended up with about 27k points after an hour. We went the full hour. Couldn't cap the last zone due to lack of time.
Some more differences. People were sharing intel via /say about gankers in the area. We did have 2 instances where a lone player dove and tried to take some people out. I don't think either of them got anyone. I got the impression there were other groups out there roaming for PvP, and there was us, capping regions. Near the end, a large chunk of our group broke off to join a big fight while the rest of us took the last two zones we had time for.
Earned enough points for more promotions and will start getting a 5% rank bonus on points.

Hellgates: Stranger and I did a bunch last night. Lost more than we won. Both wearing top of the line gear, so repairs were a great deal more than we were getting in loot. We were killing some healer/dps combos, but not others. We were beating some dps/dps combos, but not others. Can't beat anyone that uses cursed staff. We've been looking for way to beat certain combos, and are falling short. I have come to the conclusion that the only combo we can beat is the one where they both suck.

After the hellgate spankings, I went looking for treasure chests to contest. I went into mists with my bloodletter gear to find them. Surface chests are just too busy.
First chest I found, I was alone all the way to zero. Started channeling to open when someone came in and started hitting me. Had me to half health pretty quick while I ran. I'm pretty mobile and was able to create some distance and was able to see he was in all T8 gear, axe. He chased me for a bit and then started back for the chest. I followed him. As he channeled, I threw my W at him disrupting him. He started chasing again, and I ran. He chased me farther this time. For some reason, he started hitting a random monster, so I doubled back and ran past him back to the chest. Used all my dashes and speedboosts and got to the chest way before him. Channeled it open. He starts hitting me while I loot. I pull everything from the chest and then die. Wake up on the surface to find 285k worth of crap in my inventory. Paid for all the repairs from the hellgates!
Went back and found another. This time, there were a few people around. No one in T8 gear, but some decent gear on par with mine. People aren't doing much after the timer runs down. Finally, one guy starts channeling, one attacks him. They start fighting. Another starts channeling, I attack him. I'm beating him pretty good. Then others join and it's pretty random who's hitting who. At one point, one pretty hurt guy runs by me and I execute him with my E. Random fighting continues and I have another pretty low. Then a new guy shows up and starts hitting me. Now I'm pretty low and retreat behind a boulder. People leave me there and I start healing. I rejoin the fight at about 70% and everyone is hitting everyone. Then some dude in full 8.x gear rolls up with a crossbow and starts picking us all off. Knocked at least three of us down before I zoned out. I'm sure he got the rest.
Third chest, lots of dancing and fighting again. I start channeling, then someone else does. I'm going to get it open first. I start looting when something happens and the chest closes on me. I start hitting him. Took me a few to knock him down. Reopen the chest and there's quite a bit of stuff left. I'm sure he got the best stuff. Pulled about 100k out of that one.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Just did another bandit with BW. Again, went the full 60 minutes. Weirdest one ever. . .

We were capturing, all was well. About the 4th zone, hit a massive blue blob that was bigger than ours. BW hit them anyways. I did some healing, but it was pretty crazy. BW pulled back and ran to the next zone over. Grouped up and went back in. Hit the massive blue blob again and tore it apart. Blue ran and we continued capturing the zone. I think this was when I managed a Thetford cape and a pork omelette. At various times, there were random pings on a single party member on the map. I responded to one and there was a small fight with an enemy faction. Beat them and joined back up with the rest of our group and continued capping. Pulled up the map at one point and saw that orange was spreading towards lym as well. We were in a Thetford zone when there was a ping close by. I went and there was a lone red just standing there. A few of us dismount and attack (I healed and auto attacked). Then some NPC archer thing tore me a new one and knocked me down. Came up with a 3 minute timer. 3 minutes? WTF? It was an NPC from a very near by surface dungeon (the ones with the black symbol above their heads?). So, I'm knocked down, for 3 minutes, in a red zone, during faction warfare. One guy dismounted and was going to flag so he could hit me. But there were a handful of people in the area and they changed their mind. One guy said "You better heal fast". And ran off. Then an enemy faction rolled up on a mount. Figured that was going to be it. But the one that told me to heal fast was following him and the red moved on. The same guy "lol"ed and moved on. I sat there alone for 90 seconds. Finally got up. Started to run to meet up with the group. They were heading into the next zone and I followed. My screen stayed black. I wasn't zoning in. Sheesh. I shut the game down and restart. Log back in standing in the new zone. I start chasing our group again. Cap a few more flags and run into a red blob at the last one in the zone. They got beat down pretty quickly. We killed the fort NPC, but we couldn't cap it. Martlock had disconnected our run. This was at 5 minutes left. We hit the next for collecting the points for the NPC kills, but couldn't cap. We did have enough flags that the area did eventually become BW though. I got 22k bonus points and about 20k for the fighting. 1 Thetford cap and a pork omelette fold for 64k with 2200 in repairs.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 2:20 am I sat there alone for 90 seconds. Finally got up.
I need your luck.

Fire staff with autoaim E is a nice change. Would have been GREAT to have against that shift Fey Dragon the other day. Also entered the mist dungeon / castle thing. Unfortunately was in my very low-level alt. Found a chest with 1.4k of loot, and 3 buff charms.
Cakedaddy wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:46 pm but my wife wants a mammoth. . .
How much is that?

Also paying for premium with silver (for me) is like earning $0.50 to $1.00 an hour. Bleck.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Did bandit points get nerfed? Was like 2k per region, only 250-500 today. Maybe just a big blob?
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

She wants the mammoth calf, so she can raise it. Currently listed at 190-200 million in 3 towns. But history shows them being bought as low as 130 million. A saddled mammoth lists for about 140 million I think. Maybe 125 million.

What are you going to do with all your silver?

Have no idea on bandit points. Haven't read the patch notes and have not done any raids today.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:01 pm What are you going to do with all your silver?
dunno, in theory but gear and lose it. But haven't been doing much BZ stuff lately. Will get back to it once my schedule is beyter
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Nice