Albion Online

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:23 pm
Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:12 pm I was looking at those single fort regions. Capture one fort, get the region capture points, etc. During non-bandit times.
Ahh i see, not sure but i'm willing to give it a try. It would take a while to do and we'd probably get the attention of some Carleon faction boys while trying to do so.
go simple, try murkweald
It's not me, it's someone else.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Just won a Crystal Ancient Ent from RagdollMegs. 1.9 mil T8 battle mount.

It's pretty cool.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:07 pm Just won a Crystal Ancient Ent from RagdollMegs. 1.9 mil T8 battle mount.

It's pretty cool.
Whoa, nice. I've stopped watching any streamers since Gus quit(?). Decent odds with megs?
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Decent. . . She has about 50-300 viewers at any given time. Not sure how many participate. Maybe 13-30 based on chat activity entering it? She has recently started limiting people who have "already won". I don't know the time limit, but the giveaway I won, there were 3-5 people denied for having already won. I normally have streams open for background noise and just see what people do in game.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:27 pm I don't know the time limit, but the giveaway I won, there were 3-5 people denied for having already won.
Good. That's how it should be :) Unless I suck.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Laborers hit T8 today. About a 16 mil investment to upgrade everything to support them at that level. Would be about a 110 days to make it back at current market values.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:05 pm Laborers hit T8 today. About a 16 mil investment to upgrade everything to support them at that level. Would be about a 110 days to make it back at current market values.
Good Lord. I'm at T6 mercs, and just letting them do T5 books. I'll do T6 books if I go back to black zones/mists some day once I'm done playing at the hospital/away from home.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

To be clear, I did NOT make the 16 mil investment. I only have 7 mil right now! Only did the math to see.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Won a moose mount from Megs tonight. :-)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Went out to raid bandits yesterday, and I always take the Inis Mon -> Owlsong Glen path, as I haven't died doing that yet (knock on wood). Owlsong was Lymhurst already, 3 reds in the area. But instead of doing what I normally do (run up through the fort then over), I just stuck to the roads because I was a little late.

Well, sure enough, some dude was chilling, invisible, waiting for me on the roads. He hits me fast, and I lose half health, so I use my floating healer spell and start running. Then I hit my fast run, but the guy catches up to me, and traps me. Fortunately, I have my shock spell, so I hit him with that, then it's been just long enough that I can use my floating healer spell, and I escape.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

660k loot, 112k repair bill. nice start. Would have been more, but I had a complete brainfart at one part and misclicked the dead bodies. (forgot to hit shift on the loot)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

11am bandit came while I was eating my breakfast, so once combat started, I basically just stood away from the fight. Some fighting in Nightbloom, then Longtimber Glen was the biggest fight. Green vs Black, then Orange joined in. I didn't realize that there was an underground Caerleon area that exited in Longtimber, Malag Crevasse, Mardale, and Deadvein Gulley. I thought that was a dungeon entrance. Went in to there for more battles, but couldn't rat much.

Got about 250k - 20k repair bill. Highlights were a Lymhurst cape + a 6 stack of Invisibility potions.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Bought 20 Expert Lymhurst Crests for 30k each (I normally sell them for 45k each) not sure why the price is so low today, but I'll buy more.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Bandited. Got 1M in loot (!) from 2 corpses. Highlight was a 550k 5.3 Hallowfall. I teleported back immediately. Then ran back to join the group.... and, died.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

I'm still helping Jemma get used to things, so I basically have to play both of us at the same time. I got distracted and sucked up in one of those AOE sucky things and then killed. Carleon was very organized today. 3 pronged attack from different directions. And of course they hit Lymhurst instead of one of the better factions.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

I bought 3M of crests today super low, here's hoping they sell.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

I was watching a handful of "How to make silver fast" videos, and there are a few that say "Do factions". They are fairly recent. I'm thinking that might be why the market is getting flooded?

Another one was transporting things to the black market. His video shows him doing it. What he's buying and for how much. What he's making and how much it sells for. 3 weeks later, the materials are up about 5%, but the end product is selling for about 30% of what his video showed. You lose money doing what he suggested. In the video he says "It's ok that I'm sharing this because everyone could do this and it won't hurt the market. The game buys so many of these items every day" and proceeds to show the market volume in the thousands. Problem is, if 10 people did what he did, the market would have 1000's of items added each day, matching the current volume. Considering the video had 19k views, you can assume more than 10 people are doing this.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:36 pm Well, worth it or not she can have the stone!
She wanted to make sure I told you she's very thankful for the blocks. As soon as she hits 100, yours will be first in line and the treeheart and leather portions will be covered.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 1:30 am She wanted to make sure I told you she's very thankful for the blocks. As soon as she hits 100, yours will be first in line and the treeheart and leather portions will be covered.
Still seems excessive to me :) But tell her thanks!
Cakedaddy wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 1:17 am They are fairly recent. I'm thinking that might be why the market is getting flooded?
Possibly. Does seem like larger blobs than a few weeks ago.
Cakedaddy wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 1:17 am Considering the video had 19k views, you can assume more than 10 people are doing this.
On reddit someone was suggesting that videos like this are influencers trying to bring down prices for something that they buy :)
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 6:13 am On reddit someone was suggesting that videos like this are influencers trying to bring down prices for something that they buy
Well, his example was all T3 armor, so at least it wasn't that!