Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Gus is back. He had a stomach bug.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:39 pm Gus is back. He had a stomach bug.
That's a helluva bug.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

late afternoon bandit raid - Green army got stuck in Wyre Forest battling the black out of Caerleon. Which is fine, I guess. Died before I even got there from gankers. Got 6k, bleck.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

I want to hit 100k might this season to unlock the Silver Roving Bastion. I only need 99k more.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Did bandit raid tonight, we did well. I got 13k for the normal stuff and a 23k(!) bonus.
Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:30 pm I want to hit 100k might this season to unlock the Silver Roving Bastion. I only need 99k more.
That's a lot.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Another morning, another bandit raid. For the first time, was able to loot someone. Picked up > 150k of stuff, but 50k repair bill on it. 13k raw points (+7k bonus). Also converted some of my silver to gold to help against inflation @4808.5 (avg price). May have been a mistake, but I don't need 6M silver on hand.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:36 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:39 pm Also, dropped a fawn in the shared chest.
It was turned into a saddled giant stag and put in the chest.
Put another one in, feel free to keep.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Didn't have to work as late as I thought I would and was able to do some more red zone gathering tonight. I ended up checking out a chest that spawned. There were two people on it when I got there. Then a third showed up. They all stood at the chest. I stated on my horse at the edge of the PvP circle. When the chest flagged everyone, the 3rd guy started opening the chest. The first two disappeared. I was like "wtf"? Then they reappeared just before he got the chest open and hit him with some bow shots. He started running and the two chased. Like, right out of the circle and off the screen. So, I went to the chest and looted everything. 600k worth of random shit! Just kidding. It was only about 60k worth of shit. 30k was silver bags. Rest was all runes of various types. Pretty shitty chest.

When I was almost full from gathering, I decided to check out a solo dungeon there. It was much harder than yellow zone dungeons. Especially since I was in my 4.0-4.1 gear. The final boss was really tough. In the end, I got about 60k in loot from it. Pretty meh given the effort. Never dropped, but had to retreat about 5 times before figuring out how to kill the final boss.

Also hit a road opening from the red zone. Went to a pretty lame road zone that was spawning wood and stone. A few chests as well. I went to check out the wood area since I had my axe. Just had a few T6 trees. It was also at a dead end. VERY much not worth hanging out in since you have no escape route. I saw no sign of anyone else being there though.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Someone broke the db at work, so had to fix it last night. Did safe faction fighting while fixing it. Was able to get about 8k in a single fight across two regions as orange just kept coming back for more. Got kod once.

This morning woke up to insane cabbage prices in Lymhurst. Best sell offer was about 690. Sold mine for 100k more than normal.

2 of my 3 firestaff skills require aiming. Tried it out on mobile at the airport, and they all auto aim. Filled up my merc book s that way this morning.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

I do a lot of gathering on my tablet, which means I'm using the auto aim of the mobile client. Works well when the target isn't moving. But if it moves, it always aims/shoots where the target WAS, not where it's going to be. Even tried PvP on the tablet (going for chests) and it was a dismal failure. But, then I learned how to aim on mobile. You push the spell you want to cast, then drag in the direction you want to fire. Works pretty well. Still don't think it's viable for PvP, but it makes it easier to hit/kill the predictable animals/NPCs.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Ah. Everything I targeted so fast I didn't have a chance to aim
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

There's a k/d ratio I'm never going to top.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Just had an 800k trip to the red zone. Highlights are:

Direwolf Pup - $140k
7.2 Hunter Hood - $111k
7.0 Bow - 70k
6.3 Satchel of Insight - 406k. This was the last item I got. Hit recall immediately after.

Killing random mobs was very profitable. Was there for about 25 minutes.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Dayum
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Went back for another run. Was doing good. Got another Direpup among other random stuff. One of those floating chest guys was there too with 50k of weird stuff. Had about 400k on me when a chest spawned. There were no reds in the zone so I checked it out. The people there invited me to their party, so we stood waiting for the chest to open. Opened it and we all looted our share. Then a red jumped us and because I wasn't paying attention, I reacted slow and became his target. He of course got me. So that sucked. I take solace in knowing that I still had about 70k in silver based loot from killing all the mobs that I did, so I still made money on the trip.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Epic day in red zone. Had a few 300k trips. On another trip, I had just gotten to the zone when a chest spawned. I didn't have much on me, so I went to check it out. At 60 seconds, no one was there. So I started clearing animals/mobs so they wouldn't interfere with me, and so I had a clear escape path. At 0 seconds, I start channeling. That's when someone showed up. They paused, probably checking my gear, because they didn't start hitting me until after I got the chest open. I grabbed some stuff and was about to leave when I scrolled down and saw something white. I grabbed that and then moved off the chest. I was at about 70% health. I started running and went invis. They chased and stayed on me. I started spitting my fire breath and shooting my stun and knock back arrow shots. She hitting me with some ranged stuff. But the more I stunned and knocked her back, the larger my lead became. When I had her at 50% and I was at about 40%, I considered turning and fighting her. But, my lead was pretty substantial at that point and my sprint cooled down and I could hit that. I decided to stick with the sure thing in my pack and ran. She gave up. I summoned my horse and I checked my inventory value while the horse channeled. Estimated value 1.1m. The white thing was a dagger pair that just sold for 845k. The rest of the loot was random silver bags, those town things that sell for 25k each, runes, etc.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Nice haul!!

Sunday night i did some yellow zone corrupted dungeons. Went in using my brawler fist build, not the best for PvE but seems to be my most successful in 1v1 PvP situations. Went 5-1 only barely losing to an axe build that had great sustain on it. Hard to say what i got in silver value over those 6 runs but it wasn't anything to write home about.

I think i'm going to try my hand at some Stalker level full loot corrupted dungeons sometime this week. I think i can go in with about a 100k build that will be pretty competitive, since i've got pretty high spec in all parts of that build. I'm willing to risk a million silver to do 10 runs and see where i stand after that.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

How did your build compare to the people you faced in yellow? Were they much different than your IP?
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Cakedaddy wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:46 pm How did your build compare to the people you faced in yellow? Were they much different than your IP?
No, they are very similar. Corrupted dungeons have softcaps on them just like arena's do. Hunter difficulty (T5 yellow zone) is capped at 900IP with 90% reduction on anything over that number. Stalker is capped at 1000IP and reduced by 80% over that number. This is what Gus is usually running. Slayer is only for the hardcore, with IP capped at 1300 and 50% reduction beyond that.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

I went to a road today. Found a pelt icon + tree icon. There were 4 animals and 3 trees. :\

Also, I have 5 easter eggs.