Albion Online

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

It's also one of the two cities that has a black market, Carleon being the other one.

If you don't know what the black market is, here you go.
https://wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Black_Market
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Had my first PVPish (intentional) moment. Was in a yellow Mist, there was a small chest that unlocked in a pvp zone, and watched two players fight each other. Then I stepped in and killed the winner.

Unfortunately, someone else was sitting there watching me + the other guy, so I just ran after my fight.
It's not me, it's someone else.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

So, stupid question:

Gold - Cannot be lost/looted/etc?

Silver - Can be. How do I protect my 360k of silver? Buy gold?
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Neither gold or silver are lost upon death. There is a small amount of silver that drops from your corpse when you are killed in PvP but that is not your silver. It's based off the value of your gear and is system generated.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Stranger wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:47 pm There is a small amount of silver that drops from your corpse when you are killed in PvP but that is not your silver. It's based off the value of your gear and is system generated.
Ooohhhhhh. I misunderstood, thanks!

Went to another pvp yellow chest in the mists. There was a dude camping who just ignored me. He had 3500 HP, and I clicked inspect: All T8 gear. Which makes me wonder why he was even bothering?

Current goal is to be able to harvest T5 resources, and the only one I can do now is fish. Still T4 for all the others. It. Takes. So. Much. Grinding.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Good thing you got that premium. Pretty sure premium is just about mandatory if you want to make any headway with fame farming once you get to a certain point.

I can equip the T5 expert skinner's knife and that will allow me to skin up to T6 creatures that aren't enchanted. I'm currently 3% of the way to being able to get to the 20% point where i can level it up and i've been skinning quite a bit over the last week.

Also the passive 30 learning points a day you get for premium is nice. I had premium the last time i played and when i logged back in i had over 700 learning points. Now i'm down to less than 500. I pretty much only use learning points on the gear i want to specialize in. Like swords or leather chest or cloth helm so you can get those up to the point you can use at least T5 which is level 10.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Was watching random youtube videos last night, each one spawning new questions leading to new videos. Things I learned:

Having alternate characters is good because each character gets daily bonuses, learning points, etc. So having one character specialize in ore, another in hide, etc. Log on the first, grind until the daily bonuses are reached, log in the second one, etc. This has advantages for combat as well having different builds that you can level up faster individually than one single character learning them all. Also, each character can own a house. So you get more land to do stuff with.

The city plots are not profitable. One dude was losing 220 million per month running his plots. But the reason he did it was because he works in such large volume, that the 220 million he loses running his plots is less than he would pay in lost materials and silver if he didn't own city plots. City plots have bonuses that your private island does not have.

Don't bother watching the "I made 30 billion silver per month" videos. Or the 14 million per hour, etc. These dudes have a HUGE infrastructure built that would take months of full time gaming to build up. One of them has 102 accounts. He's also the one that loses 220 million per month on his city plots. I mean, these guys are just broken human beings. But then, maybe they are selling the silver on ebay and making a killing.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Stranger wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:20 am It's also one of the two cities that has a black market, Carleon being the other one.

If you don't know what the black market is, here you go.
https://wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Black_Market
That's awesome. Monsters buy their loot from the market!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

I can equip T6 swords now... but, I can only barely afford to repair them, I'm guessing, based on how expensive fixing T5 stuff is. Although, fishing is making money.

According to my quick googling, you can grey-market buy 30M silver for $16, so 14M silver per hour is ~$8/hour. So minimum wage.

$20 of gold = 3,500 gold. Gold sells for about 4,500 silver each, so 15,750,000 silver. So legit (Albion direct), 14M silver is about $18-19/hour. Better than many jobs, especially if not American. And, no commute! :)
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

My wife spent her game time yesterday exploring the map. She said there was no way she would going to like in a town named after an '80's mystery show and set out to find better pastures. She settled on Lymhurst.

Martock - no - Matlock. Really?
Thetford - no - Not living in the swamps.
Fort Sterling - no - Close second as she liked the snow capped buildings and scenery.
Bridgewatch - no - It's the desert. Gross.
Lymhurst - Yes - Cute animals (even though we are killing them), nice scenery. Beat Fort Sterling only because of the better fishing in the yellow zones.

We have packed up all of our stuff and moved to Lymhurst, if anyone cares to follow.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:40 pm We have packed up all of our stuff and moved to Lymhurst, if anyone cares to follow.
I hate you.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:33 pm According to my quick googling, you can grey-market buy 30M silver for $16, so 14M silver per hour is ~$8/hour. So minimum wage.

$20 of gold = 3,500 gold. Gold sells for about 4,500 silver each, so 15,750,000 silver. So legit (Albion direct), 14M silver is about $18-19/hour. Better than many jobs, especially if not American. And, no commute! :)
I have considered this. I wonder "Why am I spending 4 hours in the game making 500k silver when I can work 4 hours IRL and buy enough that I'd never have to fish again!". But there's just something about spending a bunch of cash on a free to play game that makes me feel like a sucker.
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:45 pmI hate you.
I tried to look real quick to verify. . .but that's where you started, wasn't it. . .

Also, if anyone needs help moving at this point, I can help. If we both have an Ox, I bet we can get it all moved in one trip.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:48 pm I tried to look real quick to verify. . .but that's where you started, wasn't it. . .
It is. :)

Really, it's early enough nothing matters.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:40 pm We have packed up all of our stuff and moved to Lymhurst, if anyone cares to follow.
My hometown has been Bridgewatch since i've started, so i'm one of the sandpeople. Since i'm a skinner i spend more time in Bridgewatch and Lymhurst areas anyways so it doesn't matter to me.

The only thing that might make an issue is having your island attached to the city you purchased it from so you can get free transportation to and from there real easy. Also for faction warfare which is something you may or may not be interested in getting involved in.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Wife is about to go premium to get her island. She was going to buy some gold to fund the purchase as well, because she's going to create three characters to own three islands. But islands are less than 20k silver each. So no need for the gold right now.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

If yall find a good island guide, let me know. Was planning to have an island, but not quite sure what to do with it.

I'm in Lymhurst now.
Stranger

Albion Online

Post by Stranger »

Cake, have your wife create a guild so we can all join. I dont care what were called or what the crest looks like.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Albion Online

Post by Cakedaddy »

Why should she create it? I was going to though. I think I want a guild hall instead of a house as well. She'll have houses, I'll do the guild island to play with that.

I created two more characters. They will be my resource mules. My main will start doing all combat. If/When I run out of silver, I'm just going to buy some gold. $20 of gold converted into silver should last me a REALLY long time. I figure I'll still be making silver playing with the crafting side of the game. But I don't want to have to grind for silver any more. I'm not 15 with no job. :-)
TheCatt
Site Admin

Albion Online

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:46 pm I have considered this. I wonder "Why am I spending 4 hours in the game making 500k silver when I can work 4 hours IRL and buy enough that I'd never have to fish again!". But there's just something about spending a bunch of cash on a free to play game that makes me feel like a sucker.
I play with limits. So for me, the limit is premium. But that came with 500 gold, so we'll see how long that lasts :) I'm at 490 now.

Growing carrots on my island. Yum. I guess.