Nature!

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:13 am Image

I can't tell if that map makes my point, or Gordon's.
Was that map created as a joke or a discussion starter?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:20 am Was that map created as a joke or a discussion starter?
I have no idea where that map came from, just saw it today on the twitters. But it's... interesting.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by GORDON »

The other day someone on reddit asked, "Is Wier trying to personally insult me? I couldn't follow all the nerd science stuff in "Operation Hail Mary," at all."

Heh.

My answer is, "I don't know you personally, but you should possibly examine why you feel personally attacked. I'm sure Wier wasn't singling you out."

For those who haven't read it, this is the guy that wrote "The Martian" and all the "science solves problems" stuff also in O:HM is just more of the same stuff you'd be able to follow if you paid attention in high school biology and chemistry classes.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:15 pm The other day someone on reddit asked, "Is Wier trying to personally insult me? I couldn't follow all the nerd science stuff in "Operation Hail Mary," at all."
"Yes. He thinks you're a god-damned moron after reading that tweet you made 4 years ago, and he spent the ensuing 3 years coming up with this book to make YOU, and ONLY YOU, feel like a fucking moron.

He's very pleased it worked."
Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

That alarm is useless. You never hear it because you're already dead.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by GORDON »

Damn nature, you scary.
Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

I understood that reference.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:12 pm That alarm is useless. You never hear it because you're already dead.
Well, landslides are pretty fast.
Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

Community notes added since I posted this, and it says the video is sped up to about twice the speed.

Still a fast moving fucker of one's day.
Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by GORDON »

Some days you eat the bar...
Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

What do you think it ate?
Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

Jackass causes car accident because he saw a tarantula.

The article really undersells that they almost killed a man!
GORDON
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by GORDON »

It's always the person in the back's fault for being too close for safety.
Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:42 am It's always the person in the back's fault for being too close for safety.
Legally, sure. Realistically, no.
GORDON
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by GORDON »

There's no way a motorcycle shouldn't have been able to miss a stopping van as long as they were paying attention, and weren't too close.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:48 am There's no way a motorcycle shouldn't have been able to miss a stopping van as long as they were paying attention, and weren't too close.
Yes.
Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

Not stopping, but slamming on brakes. Also, we really don't know because we have no video. Were they around a bend? Had they just gone through a tree tunnel?

Lots of assumptions being made, but the only fact we know is that an asshole caused an accident because of a spider.
Leisher
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Nature!

Post by GORDON »

4Chan needs to start a rumor that having sex with an elephant.. cures aids, or something. Then we can have amusing elephant/idiot headlines.