Random Funny Internet Things (not pictures)

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I see it validated more and more as official language not just spoken, but written. It's just slang, and slang has never been considered proper, communicative English except for the young idiots who spoke it. It denotes pure ignorance. Normalizing it makes us all stupider.

Word, he said ironically.

But I would never argue that my saying "Word" was anything except outdated, trendy patois. It wouldn't go into a professional document, or serious school essay.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Nothing you just said is wrong.

I accept any dialect spoken.

Written is a whole other ball game. AAVE, Cajun, street, teen slang, Boston accents, etc. are completely unacceptable in written form. Sorry, not sorry.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

90% of every viral tweet I see is in "They worried about shawty," or something to that effect. Basic rules of English, our common tongue, ignored. Sometimes it's so convoluted my ancient brain has to spend time deciphering it. You say something about it, you get called racist.

I know why old people get angry. Over time, we hoped to see things get better. People getting smarter, universe becoming more idiot-proof. Except the joke is the universe also keeps producing better idiots.

It's frustrating.

Old head get mad.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The first five minutes of Idiocracy gets less funny the more I think about it.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The funny troll account I mentioned previously took a break to discuss who is the easiest to troll:
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Education - The easiest people to troll are (1) Those academia and those with advanced degrees, particularly those who list their degrees in their Twitter bio;
I wrote an essay 1-2 decades ago that capital-I Intellectuals were idiots, in many ways.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Hey, Gordon...

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The attack isn't funny. The fact it got Polamalu trending is.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:51 pm The attack isn't funny. The fact it got Polamalu trending is.
Dude was "having a bad day"
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Dude's about to have 10-20 years worth of bad days.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I don't want her to do any of this stuff to me. But I would consider her "violently sexy". That make sense?

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:45 pm But I would consider her "violently sexy". That make sense?
Yes, but I'm not into violent sexy. But I like her attitude.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Why did the person at 3:33 have to specify human woman?
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:40 pm Why did the person at 3:33 have to specify human woman?
Not sure I want to know the answer.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I've met these people. Dating app pics are the sales pitch, 4 foot wide hips are the reality.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Yeah, within 1 second I knew where that was going.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Update on the judge jumper. That's a lot of felonies.