Israel

Stuff we should click on.  Be sure to state Not Work Safe, if applicable.  KTHX.
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:46 pm I think people can support Palestinians without supporting Hamas or the actions of the past weekend. Hamas only controls the Gaza Strip, not the other Palestinians territories. Palestinians include the West Bank, etc. I want all members + supporters of Hamas dead. But not all Palestinians.
Agree with all of that, but the ones who hang flags outside of their offices after this weekend's events can go fuck themselves. Notice what flag is missing?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Israel

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:47 pm
TheCatt wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:46 pm I think people can support Palestinians without supporting Hamas or the actions of the past weekend. Hamas only controls the Gaza Strip, not the other Palestinians territories. Palestinians include the West Bank, etc. I want all members + supporters of Hamas dead. But not all Palestinians.
Agree with all of that, but the ones who hang flags outside of their offices after this weekend's events can go fuck themselves. Notice what flag is missing?
An Israeli one?

The Michigan + US ones are on the other side, iirc, out of frame.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Israel

Post by GORDON »

I mean, it kinda makes sense.

Israel is in Asia.

BLM is black people.

Black people hate Asians. QED.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:50 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:47 pm
An Israeli one?

The Michigan + US ones are on the other side, iirc, out of frame.
Yes, and I've seen the larger shot, but did not see the other flags. If they are there, good, but I do wonder about the placement rules. (I seriously have no idea what they are.) I know how it works on flag poles, but not those standing flags.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Israel

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

The one I saw cut off at the little sign in book.

Honestly, doesn't change my opinion. To hang this after Hamas committed atrocities and posted them on social media shows me you need to be expelled from Congress.

Now IF it was there previously, I'd give her a pass.

But honestly, she's already confirmed herself as a massive piece of shit and waste of life previously, so...
TheCatt
Site Admin

Israel

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:30 pm Now IF it was there previously, I'd give her a pass.
It's been there at least since January.
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:56 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:30 pm Now IF it was there previously, I'd give her a pass.
It's been there at least since January.
Fine, she gets a pass for that. But as stated, she's still a steaming pile of shit. :D
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

CNN gets in on the "Iran is absolutely behind this" theory.

Palestinian-Americans feel trapped and abandoned in Gaza.

Seriously, the U.S. is dropping the ball on those people. It's easy to say "you were given 24 hours to get out", but the reality is that it probably wasn't enough time for many and/or they didn't know what was really coming. And why would you if you aren't in the loop or supporting it?

BTW, the death toll of Americans is up to 14 and some of the hostages are American. I wonder how Biden will handle it? Anyone else think he's secretly hoping they can concretely link Iran to the attack so he can wage a little war and get those poll numbers up?
GORDON
Site Admin

Israel

Post by GORDON »

Marines actively train for "rescue these civilians trapped by the unexpected warzone" situations. Don't be surprised if something like that happens.

We used to call it a NeoOp. Don't remember what that stood for.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Israel

Post by TheCatt »

A bunch of small student groups from Harvard co-signed a statement blaming Israel for everything.

The backlash begins
If the members support the letter, the names of the signatories “should be made public so their views are publicly known,” Ackman said. The CEO of Pershing Square Capital Management said he wanted to ensure his company and others don’t “inadvertently hire” any students belonging to Harvard groups that signed the letter.

Following a backlash to the statement, some of the student groups have since withdrawn their endorsements.

Multiple other business leaders, including the CEOs of shopping club FabFitFun, health tech startup EasyHealth and Dovehill Capital Management supported the call from Ackman to name the students.

“I would like to know so I know never to hire these people,” Jonathan Neman, CEO of restaurant chain Sweetgreen, said on X.
This statement was like 3 paragraphs, and yet...
Another Harvard student, Danielle Mikaelian, said she resigned from the board of a group that signed the statement on Israel and didn’t have a chance to read it until it was too late.

“I am sorry for the pain this caused. My organization did not have a formal process and I didn’t even see the statement until we had signed on,” Mikaelian posted on X.
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

I 1000% agree with the CEOs that want the students named. You want to support the decapitation of babies, which is, LITERALLY, step 1 of genocide, a stated fucking goal of Hamas, then you should have the backbone to put your name out there with your statement.

I think EVERY person supporting or justifying Hamas' attack on Saturday need to be put on watch lists.

And I do believe Danielle. Do I think every member of every one of these groups actually read and voted on the statement? No. Do I think these groups just blindly stamp their approval on any statement for each other? Yep. Not saying that way of doing things is right. Just saying I believe her that she probably didn't read it.

BTW, BLM groups are putting out a meme in support of "Palestine", but shows a picture of a paraglider, which is how Hamas invaded the music festival.

Someone remind me why BLM has not officially been labeled a hate group.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Israel

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:28 pm
Leisher wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:34 pm Have you guys seen the conspiracy theories that Iran and their newly found $6B are behind these attacks? I find that to be HIGHLY doubtful, as this all seems to have been planned for some time. Still, I think you'll hear that narrative a LOT in the next election cycle, especially if this is still going on and/or has escalated.
Yeah, 0% chance. Republicans are just dumb.
What? The $6 billion hasn't even been touched? Whhhhaaatttt?

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/12/politics ... index.html
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:11 pm
TheCatt wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:28 pm
Leisher wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:34 pm Have you guys seen the conspiracy theories that Iran and their newly found $6B are behind these attacks? I find that to be HIGHLY doubtful, as this all seems to have been planned for some time. Still, I think you'll hear that narrative a LOT in the next election cycle, especially if this is still going on and/or has escalated.
Yeah, 0% chance. Republicans are just dumb.

Nice try, but you don't get the change the argument. CNN, WSJ, NBC, US intelligence, US military, etc. all think Iran helped with this attack. Just because Iran didn't have their $6B yet doesn't validate your statement calling Rs dumb for thinking Iran helped.

TheCatt wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:22 pm A bunch of small student groups from Harvard co-signed a statement blaming Israel for everything.
Their names were publicly posted.

I disagree with this move. IF the students willingly read and signed, then yes, they are free game. And there are a LOT of examples of people knowingly justifying Hamas' atrocities (oddly, they're almost exclusively all D supported or supporting people/groups). However, if Danielle's statement is correct and these kids are just dumb fucking kids and rubber stamp whatever, then let's scale down the tar and feathering. You already shared the BLM one. Here are some others:

Note the use of the paratrooper image. Hamas paratroopers murdered 260 concert goers.

This dumb bitch really should take a history lesson. Preferably one not in an American run school. What she learns might make her head explode.

Here's a fun clip of Palestinian children discussing their education: Here's Rashida Talib who recently cried giving a speech about the plight of Palestinians, refusing to answer if she condemns Hamas' beheading of infants and toddlers. Is this a fair criticism? I don't know. Is it hard to give a one word answer and is it super controversial to say killing babies is wrong? Or is she unwilling to ever say anything negative about her people, even their most extreme and evil ones?
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

Hamas vows to broadcast executions.

Israel, in turn, has told Hamas to release every hostage unharmed or they will level Gaza.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Israel

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:03 pm
TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:11 pm
TheCatt wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:28 pm Yeah, 0% chance. Republicans are just dumb.

Nice try, but you don't get the change the argument. CNN, WSJ, NBC, US intelligence, US military, etc. all think Iran helped with this attack. Just because Iran didn't have their $6B yet doesn't validate your statement calling Rs dumb for thinking Iran helped.
The argument was "IRAN HELPED WITH THE $6 BILLION THEY JUST GOT" It COMPLETELY invalidated their stupid fucking argument. Outta get them kicked out of Congress for being such dipshits, too.
Have you guys seen the conspiracy theories that Iran and their newly found $6B are behind these attacks?
We've known Iran is allies with these people forever. Nothing's changed there.
Leisher
Site Admin

Israel

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:11 pm The argument was "IRAN HELPED WITH THE $6 BILLION THEY JUST GOT" It COMPLETELY invalidated their stupid fucking argument. Outta get them kicked out of Congress for being such dipshits, too.
Yeah, I figured you'd try to use that excuse. :D

1. Just because they didn't have it in hand doesn't mean they weren't spending it. (EX: Most people in their 20s. Also, Clark Griswold.)
2. Interesting that you want "them" (I seriously have no idea who you're referring to? I had only seen people on X discussing it.) kicked out of Congress for something that even the left wing MSM says is true except with other dollars, but not the Ds who are openly justifying Hamas' decapitating babies and/or supporting Palestine while refusing to give sympathy to Israeli victims. You've got a very strange moral compass.

Are you secretly AOC?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Israel

Post by TheCatt »

Because I've only seen R Congresspeoples saying it (repeatedly), lying to the American people.
Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:31 pm but not the Ds who are openly justifying Hamas' decapitating babies
Haven't seen that at all.

I've seen Omar's statements, but they weren't that.
GORDON
Site Admin

Israel

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:03 pm Nice try, but you don't get the change the argument. CNN, WSJ, NBC, US intelligence, US military, etc. all think Iran helped with this attack. Just because Iran didn't have their $6B yet doesn't validate your statement calling Rs dumb for thinking Iran helped.
I feel like this is shaping up to be another "everyone knows saddam has a WMD program" in the buildup to Gulf War 2, but then after when there was an election to be won, everyone knew Saddam didn't have WMD's and "Bush lied, people died."

On the other hand, I am also reminded of the Kuwaiti citizens who testified before Congress in 1990 that Iraqi troops went into hospitals and threw newborns out of incubators, and that turned out to be not proven. A big part of me wants to believe "Palestinians are beheading Jewish babies" is just lies to whip up fervor.

A $6B payment to a terrorist supporting state is a $6B payment to a terrorist state. I'm positive it didn't hurt.