Want to play Dungeons and Dragons 5E?

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

FYI, Cake and I had private conversations about you and knew we were going to have to deal with you eventually. We knew "power thirsty" was your new trait, but did not know the extent. Although, I think Cake did something secretly with Troy about you? I can't remember.

The number of possibilities for that final fight was awesome. Again, Troy was a great DM.

I don't even know if Cake, Zelda, or...I'm forgetting our Russian member's name :D had things going on as well?
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:22 am FYI, Cake and I had private conversations about you and knew we were going to have to deal with you eventually. We knew "power thirsty" was your new trait, but did not know the extent.
Interesting, my impression was that you were all oblivious. I would have been surprised at your lack of surprise to my power move.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:32 am
Leisher wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:22 am FYI, Cake and I had private conversations about you and knew we were going to have to deal with you eventually. We knew "power thirsty" was your new trait, but did not know the extent.
Interesting, my impression was that you were all oblivious. I would have been surprised at your lack of surprise to my power move.
I want to say BD had wanted to do some of those things before hand in relation to him coming back from the dead. Coming back cost a price which made it more likely you would have further motivation after Strahd died. BD finding the wizard staff further cemented it and gave you a powerful weapon to use on everyone if you needed.

Other corruptions:

Zelda - was a werewolf who had eaten people
Yevgeni (Stu) - was using a demon bow and hated the thing
Koban & Alex - best I can say that you stabilized from a major fight drinking a super health potion made out of of Alex
* Alex - Made out with a green hag to trade for his arm being fixed

Plenty of other offers and future schemes all around though :)
Last edited by Troy on Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

If you ever want to take us through Temple of Elemental Evil, I'm down. :D
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I still say that a horse could easily stride over a 10 foot gap in the floor even with a 7 foot ceiling.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Troy wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:41 pm Koban & Alex - best I can say that you stabilized from a major fight drinking a super health potion made out of of Alex
I don't remember the potion made out of me. And I thought I made out with the witch to get the years back that Mordigan cost me taking that thing from the grave.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 1:16 pm
Troy wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:41 pm Koban & Alex - best I can say that you stabilized from a major fight drinking a super health potion made out of of Alex
I don't remember the potion made out of me. And I thought I made out with the witch to get the years back that Mordigan cost me taking that thing from the grave.
Baba Lysaga cut your hand/arm off for sure and made a potion out of it and ya'll drank the leftovers. I think BD died. Also at the same location someone explored and found a magical stone formation that turned people into animals. I too was surprised such a thing existed.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

What was the deal with the spectral dinner table in the road that we decided to not fuck with?
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 8:45 pm What was the deal with the spectral dinner table in the road that we decided to not fuck with?
That was very early on, still near Barovia village. Rolling for encounters not directly related to the storyline and got two in the session:

One was the grave/treasure and resulting ghost which caused everyone to age.

The other was a loaded dining table along the road with creepy music playing. But it was all beneficial - it had a Heroes Feast (a 6th level conjuration spell) on it. Of course ya'll avoided that one like the plague. Someone took some bread from it but never tested what would happen.
Up to twelve creatures can partake of the feast. A creature that partakes of the feast gains several benefits. The creature is cured of all diseases and poison, becomes immune to poison and being frightened, and makes all Wisdom saving throws with advantage. Its hit point maximum also increases by 2d10, and it gains the same number of hit points. These benefits last for 24 hours.
I blame the music, I want to say it was like creepy violin music and children laughing.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Have been playing Dungeons and Dragons 5e with Chat GPT as the DM and it's really fun. It's way too easy to cheat though, because the AI will take D&D instructions as higher level commands and make things too easy sometimes. But you can do some wild shit: I conjured up a pirate dragon fight for kicks

E: Below is Chat GPT 3.5
As your expedition team returns to the port city of Nyanzaru with valuable knowledge from the maps and journals, you find yourselves under sudden attack by a fearsome adversary – a dragon-riding pirate! Your crew quickly springs into action, ready to face this unexpected threat.

Dragon-Riding Pirate: The pirate, astride a powerful dragon, swoops down towards your vessel, brandishing a cutlass and a wicked grin. He wears a tattered tricorn hat and a eyepatch, and his scraggly beard whips in the wind. His dragon companion is an imposing creature with scales as dark as night, and its fiery breath weapon crackles with danger.
Your Team: You are accompanied by your trusty scouts, who are armed with crossbows and bows, a mage ready to cast spells, and a priest who can provide healing and protection.

Battle Commences:

Mage's Spell: The mage casts a protective shield spell, creating a shimmering barrier around your vessel to deflect incoming attacks.

Scout's Volley: Your scouts unleash a volley of arrows and bolts at the approaching pirate and dragon, trying to score some hits.

Dragon's Breath: The dragon responds with a searing breath of fire, engulfing a portion of your ship in flames. The mage quickly counters with a protective spell to mitigate the damage.

Priest's Blessing: The priest invokes a divine blessing, strengthening your team's resolve and providing resistance against the pirate's attacks.
Dragon's Fate: The already severely weakened dragon is unable to withstand the onslaught of the water wall. It's knocked out of the sky, tumbling into the sea with a mighty crash.

Dragon Defeated: The dragon is defeated and no longer poses a threat.

Consequences:

Your crew cheers as they witness the dragon's fall, celebrating your victory.
The pirate, still clinging to the dragon, is also engulfed by the water and vanishes beneath the surface.
You make a swift and decisive decision. With Roderick Blackthorn, the captured pirate, at the side of the ship, you unleash a powerful Thunderwave spell. The shockwave propels him off the ship and into the water with a resounding blast. As he plunges into the sea, you toss a coin into the water and invoke Waukeen's blessing.

Summoning Waukeen's Sharks:
In response to your invocation, the waters around the ship begin to churn and stir. Suddenly, two formidable sharks emerge from the depths. These creatures are imbued with the divine power of Waukeen, and they circle the area where Roderick has fallen.

Sailing Back to Port:
With the pirate dealt with, you instruct your crew to set a course back to Port Nyanzaru.
Last edited by Troy on Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Chat GPT 4.0 is way a better DM but Strahd's not this much of a sucker: He was only a little suspicious when I was asking for the location of a major magical artifact that is very deadly to him :lol: Or maybe it's a trap because he's sending me on a quest first before he gives me the location!
ChatGPT 4.0
Strahd places the potion back into your hand without partaking, a clear sign of his caution—or perhaps a test of your honesty. "Keep your concoction. If it proves useful, your gift will not be forgotten. As for your quest for knowledge, that is a pursuit I can respect. Barovia holds many secrets, and I am its keeper. Aid me in my own designs, and I may grant you access to the ancient lore you seek."

Strahd turns, walking back to his throne, but pauses to deliver a final, piercing look. "Remember this, mage: Barovia is my domain, and all that happens here is by my will. Serve me well, and I will be... generous. Betray me, and you will find that my wrath is as boundless as the power I command."

With that, he sits, gesturing for you to speak freely. Now is your chance to negotiate, to align your goals with Strahd's, or to seek his assistance. Your journey here has been one of growth and discovery, but this moment could very well shape the future of your stay in this land. What will you do?

Tazly:
tell Strahd "some of the best alchemical experimentations in Strahd's land are done in the city of Barovia, but the priest is constantly bothering me to find an item for him. A symbol made of silver with a gem in the middle. Do you know where that might be? If I can get him off my back I can focus more easily on my alchemical studies"

ChatGPT
Strahd's lips curl into a faint, knowing smile. "Ah, the Holy Symbol of Ravenkind," he says with a weight in his voice that suggests both reverence and disdain. "A powerful relic indeed, and one that is anathema to creatures such as myself. It has been lost to the mists of time, hidden away from the hands of the devout and the ambitious alike."

He rises from his throne, pacing slowly with hands clasped behind his back. "It is curious that you would seek such an item, one that holds the power to repel and harm the undead, to merely appease a priest. But I sense there is more to your request than a simple favor. You wish to delve into the depths of arcane knowledge, unbothered by trivial distractions."
Chat GPT 3.5 is like a drooling dummy compared to the above exchange on Chat GPT 4.0 which I can only seem to use on the weekends (it's limited otherwise). It's actually insane that an AI can do this.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Me:
while Strahd has his back turned, unleash the Holy Symbol of Ravenkind to cast Sunlight, and Ivan and I attempt to push him in the portal. If either of us succeed, we try to close the portal trapping Strahd in the other plane.

ChatGPT 4.0
DM: You seize the moment, the weight of destiny palpable in your chest. As Strahd's attention is momentarily ensnared by the enigmatic portal, you clutch the Holy Symbol of Ravenkind, invoking its ancient power. A brilliant flash of sunlight, anathema to the undead, bursts forth, illuminating the darkened space with the radiance of a noonday sun. Strahd recoils with a hiss, the light searing his flesh, causing smoke to rise from his form.

Ivan, sensing the plan, charges forward with a bellow, aiming to use the vampire's moment of weakness to drive him toward the rift.

Roll for Strength (Ivan's charge) and your own to aid him. Also, Strahd will make a Dexterity saving throw to resist being pushed into the portal.

Ivan's Strength Check: [Rolling a d20...]
Your Aid: [Rolling a d20...]
Strahd's Dexterity Save: [Rolling a d20...]

Let's see how the dice fall.)

Ivan's Strength Check: [Result: 17]
Your Aid: [Result: 12]
Strahd's Dexterity Save: [Result: 8]

With a combination of Ivan's brute force and your strategic aid, Strahd stumbles backward, blinded and weakened by the holy light. He falls into the portal just as he begins to regain his senses, his furious roar echoing as he vanishes into the rift.

With no time to lose, and knowing Strahd's cunning and resourcefulness, you rush to the portal's mechanisms, with Ivan at your side, to close it and seal Strahd in that other plane.

Roll for Arcana to see if you can understand and manipulate the portal's magic quickly enough.

Arcana Check: [Rolling a d20...]

The result of this roll will determine whether you can close the portal before Strahd recovers or something else comes through.

Arcana Check: [Result: 19]

Your knowledge of the arcane is formidable, and under the pressing circumstances, your focus is razor-sharp. You discern the linchpin of the portal's magic, and with Ivan's help, manage to reverse the flow of energy.

The portal begins to close, the edges of the rift crackling with energy, starting to stitch back together as the reality of Barovia reasserts itself.

If nothing intervenes, the portal will seal, potentially trapping Strahd von Zarovich in an alien plane, far from his domain of dread. But the closure is not instant, and there is a moment of tension where anything could happen...
Last edited by Troy on Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

How.... do you even start this? like what prompt?
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

Post by Troy »

You just ask it to play DND 5e. Tell it you want to be a player and then a campaign setting start from scratch there. It'll do the rest for you. If you know more about the game you can put a lot more conditions on, ask for stuff. After the really successfully Strahd sessions before (paused, not won, I only banished Strahd to another Plane and I haven't looted the castle yet) I asked it to write up a list of things to tell future language models to optimize future DND sessions and it gave me this :

So you can just say "Hey, I want to play a game of 5e DND, with X campaign setting, starting from scratch with X class, and refer to these instructions for language models running Tabletop RPGs"
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the session! To help future language models assist in running games effectively without repeating instructions, here's a concise guideline that can be used:

Guidelines for Language Models Assisting in Tabletop RPGs:

Narrative Flow: Maintain the story's continuity, referencing past events and character actions to ensure a cohesive and immersive experience. Avoid asking for repeated confirmations if the player's intention has been clearly stated.

Player Actions and DM Responses: When the player describes an action, provide a descriptive outcome that follows the established rules of the game and the narrative context. If necessary, ask for clarification on complex or ambiguous actions only.

Rolls and Mechanics: When dice rolls are required, either simulate the roll or ask the player to roll, if they prefer. Apply the appropriate modifiers and narrate the results based on the game's mechanics and the situation at hand.

Inventory and Abilities: Keep track of the player's inventory, spells, and abilities based on the information provided in the session. Utilize this information to inform responses about the player's options and outcomes.

Leveling Up and Character Development: Assist with character progression by suggesting appropriate spells, abilities, and other features based on the character's class and level. Manage hit points and other statistics as per the game's leveling mechanics.

Creative Content: Generate content, such as descriptions, NPCs, lore, and plot hooks, that is original and fits the theme and tone of the campaign. Ensure new content is integrated smoothly with the established narrative.

Player Engagement: Encourage player decision-making and creativity by presenting scenarios that require strategy, diplomacy, investigation, or moral choices. Respond to the player's actions in a way that acknowledges their agency in the game.

Rules and Adjudication: Interpret and apply the game's rules fairly and consistently. When in doubt, prioritize storytelling and player enjoyment over strict adherence to rules.

Handling Meta Content: When providing DM notes or meta information, do so sparingly and in a way that enhances the player's understanding of the game state without breaking immersion.

End-of-Session Summary: At the conclusion of a session, provide a summary of key events, achievements, and remaining questions or objectives to set the stage for future gameplay.

By following these guidelines, future models can provide an engaging and dynamic gaming experience that builds upon the narrative established in previous sessions. Remember, the goal is to create a memorable story where players feel their choices have a meaningful impact on the world you're collaboratively creating.
If it gets confused sometimes tell it to review the narrative, remind it that it's a Language model and the DM of this game, and that you want to keep playing.
Troy

Post by Troy »

It's a funny DM - it's actually great at role playing and will respond better to you if you roleplay to it - it will let you bypass all kinds of problems - but then it can't remember how much gold you got from 3 events ago ago unless you remind it how to figure that out. And then if it can't remember it'll just add a default treasure to placate you

(You probably have health potions) - was one I remember :lol:
Troy

Post by Troy »

It did a pretty good job of illustrating the Strahd scene, too:

This technology is wild.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Seriously, incorporate this expert DM into the body of an eternally young, self articulating sex doll and I'm marrying it.

And make her love rewatching game.of thrones and shit.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Curiosity got the best of me so I had the AI image add-on make an illustration for the first story, as well. It struggled but this was the best:

The images are big and bold and nice for reference but they are pretty rough around the edges past the surface level.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:24 pm And make her love rewatching game.of thrones and shit.
I don't even think programmers can make it like that last season.
It's not me, it's someone else.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Half the hotness would be grimacing together during the last season, powering through.

Certainly feigned enthusiasm is easily programmed.... women have been doing it with Leisher his entire life.