Want to play Dungeons and Dragons 5E?

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:49 am women have been doing it with Leisher his entire life.
lolol
It's not me, it's someone else.
Troy

Post by Troy »

TS
I tell Ivan that "If I were a master vampire, I'd probably live up in a tower, we should ascend the stairs and look for signs of refined style and taste, if a bit old and musty, as that was my take on owner of this castle when he was here." feeling anxious Tazly pulls out the one-use Mist Touched-Mirror from his pocket. He conjures up an image of the location of the portal near the fallen stones of the temple on the outskirts of Barovia where the rift in the Plane that Strahd was pushed through had been found . He and Ivan had closed it, trapping Strahd inside, but... Tazly had to know. was it still closed? He looks into the mirror, and it reveals the scene for a few moments, for the mirror itself wipes away like dust in the wind.

ChatGPT
As you hold the Mist-Touched Mirror aloft, an ethereal fog swirls within its reflective surface. You focus your will, and the mirror responds, its mist parting like a curtain to reveal the temple where the planar rift once tore through the fabric of reality.

You see the ancient stones, still standing stoically in the moonlight, surrounded by the dark forests of Barovia. The night is silent, and the air around the stones is still, with no sign of the chaotic energies that would indicate an active portal. It seems, for now, the rift remains closed, and Strahd is still confined to whatever realm you banished him to.

As the image fades, the mirror crumbles to dust in your hands, its magic expended. A single-use tool, but one that has given you a measure of peace—for the moment.

Ivan grunts in approval, "Good. One less thing to worry about. Up we go, then?"

You nod, and together, you and Ivan ascend the grand staircase of Castle Ravenloft.
I agree with Gordon.
Troy

Post by Troy »

TS
Tazly turns to Ivan to create a pregnant pause before he speaks: "If the master of this castle or someone in his stead is still able to make deals. We offer this one. Give us the choice of a magic item each from the vaults of Ravenloft, allow the Vistani to take us off the Plane, I was thinking of Sigil - the city of doors. I've never been, but with that many doors I'm sure we can find one to a world that is a tropical beach in the sun " forever". That way if any vampires wants to know where we've gone, it's there, a land of permanent sunshine."

Tazly pauses again for dramatic effect

"In return for this generous boon to myself and Ivan. The master will never again need to worry about being sucked into another Plane of reality. Or enlightened by sunlight. At least not from my hands, ever again"

ChatGPT 4.0
Marek's eyes narrow slightly at Tazly's offer, the shadowy corners of the room seeming to draw in tighter as if listening. He steps forward, his presence commanding despite his civil demeanor.

"A tempting proposition," Marek acknowledges, his voice resonant in the stone chamber. "But let us not pretend that you are in a position to make such demands. The generosity of Castle Ravenloft is not bartered with so brazenly, especially not with threats."

He paces slowly before Tazly and Ivan, hands clasped behind his back. "Nevertheless, your offer holds... potential. The master's absence has indeed shifted the balance of power within Barovia. Perhaps it is in the interest of Ravenloft to grant you your wish, to rid this realm of your influence once and for all."

Marek stops, turning to face them fully. "I will convey your terms. The choice of a single magic item each from the vaults, a safe passage from Barovia via the Vistani, and your destination to be Sigil. In exchange, you vow to cease all hostilities against the master of this castle, his domain, and his subjects."

He pauses, letting his words linger in the air before adding, "Know this, Tazly: The eyes of Strahd see much, and his reach is long. Your vow will be bound not only by word but by magic. Betrayal of this covenant will bring consequences most dire, regardless of the realm you flee to."
Troy

Post by Troy »

I had the urge recently to run some live D&D sessions with my family and some local friends the past few months. All the sessions were really fun. Everyone's character was in the same campaign setting and universe which was easy to run. 5e D&D Chult with jungle treks, dinosaurs, hidden temples, pirates, etc.

Have been tempted to try to reboot online D&D lately but in a more limited casual drop in or out style. Stuart had mentioned he wanted to play some sessions lately. All that would be needed would be anyone interested to agree to a time and roll up some characters on a session night. Fridays after work are often good days for me. Adventurers would be loosely based between the port city and jungle. Vibe somewhere between Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, and Oceans 11.

e: Zelda and I have broken it off amicably but completely, so we can't ressurect Strahd
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:25 pm If I was running Strahd I'd just used that OP legendary whatever it was to move 4x faster than us until we died of starvation.
Well to begin with you were already undead so you didn't need food.

Strahd was running towards the Great entrance hall to summon a small army of red dragon wyrmlings and gargoyles out of the walls, enlist his buddy Rahadin, and fight to the death. I liked his chances but I was surprised a bunch of times. Some of you had stupid powerful items that would have probably done him in.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I would be in. I would also be rolling a thief character.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Stu would rather do Saturday or Sunday. Sounds like he wants Ranger again.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I could make mostly any night work.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I'm kind of amazed this didn't happen in our sessions.

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Just watched an episode of Faster, Purple Worm on Amazon. They have a group of 'celebrities' play an unwinnable scenario. This episode had 4 level 1 characters facing off with Strahd. But the lead up to the fight had them in Barovia, of course, where they meet up with Madam Eva of the Vistani. As they are roll playing the encounter, one of the guests, the guy from SLC Punk and Scream 1, uses her name 'Madam Eva'. The DM is like, it's interesting that you know my name being that we've never met and I didn't tell you. And he ends up admitting that he's played in Barovia before.

Long story short, the SLC Punk guy plays enough D&D to know characters from Barovia.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

No. The other one.

Just kidding. Yes. Didn't know he was that involved with the show, but I only watched that one episode.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”