Want to play Dungeons and Dragons 5E?

Mostly PC, but console and mobile too
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: I'm taking my niece to the Daddy/daughter dance next Friday night (her dad died about a year and half ago and i'm the closest she's got to a father) and i won't be home until 8 eastern at the earliest. For something like this i'd like to have the chaos at my house settled so 10 pm is probably the best time for me to start. Sorry, i hate to be the one with all the time restrictions but i can't help that right now.
I have to skip the daddy-daughter dance this year because I have to go tell some asshole happy birthday on Saturday.
Stranger wrote: But i'll play whatever roll needs to be filled
Ditto. I'm thinking of being a thief so Gordon and I can have banter where he hates me, just like in real life, or I'd be fine with a fighter.
Stranger wrote: https://www.docdroid.net/diJShFA/dd-5e- ... ndbook.pdf
If that's it I can print off a few copies. Or just have your iPad next to you during the games. R20 on one screen, 5PE on the other.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Stranger wrote:For something like this i'd like to have the chaos at my house settled so 10 pm is probably the best time for me to start. Sorry, i hate to be the one with all the time restrictions but i can't help that right now.
From what I remember from voice chat, aren't you the one who has 8 year olds up til 2 am drinking beer and smoking cigars and shit?
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Leisher wrote: I have to skip the daddy-daughter dance this year because I have to go tell some asshole happy birthday on Saturday.
That guy sounds like an asshole, he wouldn't be a friend of mine!
Leisher wrote: If that's it I can print off a few copies.
Ill just use the dual screen for the PHB.. i'm really interested to see how this Roll20 thing is going to work.
GORDON wrote: From what I remember from voice chat, aren't you the one who has 8 year olds up til 2 am drinking beer and smoking cigars and shit?
Yep that's me.. But now i've got a 4 year old doing the same..
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

The PHB appears to be here as well, right on the D20 site.

https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/BookIndex
Troy

Post by Troy »

GORDON wrote: The PHB appears to be here as well, right on the D20 site.

https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/BookIndex
There are blank character sheets at page 319 of the PHB. That full PHB PDF on the last page has it.

https://www.docdroid.net/diJShFA/dd-5e- ... f#page=319
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I've been watching some Twitch streams of D&D tonight and most, if not all look to be using the Roll20 sight. Some look much more polished than others and i'm guessing that's on the DM to set that all up? But it does look to be a pretty slick interface for playing this game on.

One in particular looked like the PC's or maybe it was the DM (i couldn't tell) moving their players around the map and then NPC's and enemies were dropped in when they came across them on the map. Is that something similar to what we would be doing?
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Troy

Post by Troy »

Stranger wrote: One in particular looked like the PC's or maybe it was the DM (i couldn't tell) moving their players around the map and then NPC's and enemies were dropped in when they came across them on the map. Is that something similar to what we would be doing?

Something like that, for sure! I'll start showing my hand for content on Friday. I'm definitely using all these cool tools to my advantage. I have maps and handouts aplenty.

We rolled stats for two PCs tonight on Roll20. Pretty awesome tool.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

BTW, my numbers i rolled last night were 13,9,17,9,10,14. Depending on what race you use you can increase certain ability scores, like humans get +1 to everything and Dwarves get +2 constitution and if you choose the mountain dwarf subclass +2 to strength. All races have their own bonuses to certain abilities and many have subclasses to choose from.

Gordon chose to be a Paladin and i'm not sure what rolls he had, maybe he can post those. I haven't decided yet what class or race to go with yet but was leaning towards a dwarven barbarian or fighter, but i'll play whatever.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

Do you have a full party yet? I'm in if there's a spot left.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Cakedaddy wrote: Do you have a full party yet? I'm in if there's a spot left.
Yessir, use that invite on the top of page 2. There's a forum on Roll20 that I'm trying to combine info on too.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Are we supposed to roll our characters there? I had no idea. I'll take care of that tomorrow and let you know what I roll.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Leisher wrote: Are we supposed to roll our characters there? I had no idea. I'll take care of that tomorrow and let you know what I roll.
Do it while Troy's on.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: Are we supposed to roll our characters there? I had no idea. I'll take care of that tomorrow and let you know what I roll.
Just ping me on steam whenever you want? I'll try to be on there this week. Then we just log into Roll20 together and rock it out. It's all in browser and super easy. 5 minutes.

I think I can bring on one of my tabletop ATL buddies. Maybe one more. If we have six it'll be a little chaotic but it will mean if someone misses a session it won't wreck the party.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

If you're on right now we can knock it out now.
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher's guy. Human, Class TBD:

​10, 11, 12, 12, 16, 18
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

What class should I be? Fighter? Thief? Monk? Door to door vacuum salesman?
Troy

Post by Troy »

Leisher wrote: What class should I be? Fighter? Thief? Monk? Door to door vacuum salesman?
Monk is tough for the early levels. It's a goddamn long road to Bruce Lee from level 1.

Fighter and Rogue are both quite effective.
Cakedaddy

Post by Cakedaddy »

I enjoy fighter or magic user. I'd have to read up on Cleric or Mage (or whatever 5e equivalent is) to know which. I don't enjoy thief, I don't think. Will read up on the classes and pick one asap.
Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Troy wrote: Leisher's guy. Human, Class TBD:

​10, 11, 12, 12, 16, 18
So those are his numbers with the human bonus of +1 to each ability? Do we have to be human or can we pick another race?

Since there are quite a few of us interested in fighters then i'll go with something else. From what i can see going the Champion route for the Fighter is probably the most beginner friendly class. But the Fighter is also the most versatile, you can go traditional sword and shield tank, dual wielding high damage high crit, a magic using Eldric knight or even bow and arrow archer class. Having two fighters wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, but since Gordo is going Paladin he will be filling that roll of a front line healer/fighter.

Personally when i think of rolls, i think back to Leisher playing Brick in Borderlands 1 and being the hulking tank that ran into any situation no matter how dire it looked. And Cake is Veigar, the one shot, nuke mage.
WORLD CHAMPIONS!!
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Stranger wrote: Personally when i think of rolls, i think back to Leisher playing Brick in Borderlands 1 and being the hulking tank that ran into any situation no matter how dire it looked.
Danger be damned!

Yeah, I dig fighters, but I'd also be interested in the rogue. I don't care though. I'll let you guys pick your roles and I'll fill where needed.