Facebook/Meta

Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:03 pm I didn't read beyond the headline. Unless the employees knew and were covering it up, story is meh.
Of course the story is meh. It's the lack of response for advertisers that is the real story. It goes to prove that their "outrage" about Musk is utter horseshit and is just politically motivated. I'm sure the complete lack of response to this by Media Matters and the advertisers they steer will be discussed in the X vs. Media Matters lawsuit.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by GORDON »

Ah, I see.

Doughy Man Bad.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by TheCatt »

Well, one key difference is that Mark Z aint pushing kid diddlin' like Musk pushes bullshit.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by TheCatt »

He aint posting about it.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by Leisher »

So it's ok that he allows it?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:51 pm So it's ok that he allows it?
Guess the courts will decide.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by Leisher »

FB's DEI officer stole $4M from the company.

Considering what a scam DEI has been shown to be, her salary should be lumped on top of the $4M.
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by GORDON »

Anyone besides me affected by today's outage?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:46 am Anyone besides me affected by today's outage?
According to twitter, it's everyone.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by Leisher »

I was on FB for a hot minute this morning with no issues, and then again once I saw there was an issue. So, I must be immune to their outage.
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by GORDON »

GF's daughter had her account hijacked a few weeks ago (facebook support: sorry, we can't prove you're not actually the person in pakistan who changed your password!), so for a minute i thought I had been hit, too.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by Leisher »

FB and IG are easily the worst of the social media platforms:
-TikTok allows disinformation and divisive campaigns against U.S. citizens at the behest of the Chinese government, but FB/IG does it for our own government.
-TikTok has started trying to crack down on cloned accounts, accounts created to pretend to be an original creator by stealing all of their content, FB/IG doesn't give a fuck.
-FB is considered for "the olds" and its content algorithm is a nightmare. My feed is always filled with the same dozen people and their posts are from days ago. My friend list is over 200 people or something, yet I only ever see posts from a dozen.
-The kids hate IG too, but I have less knowledge about why. I know I've never been a big user of it.
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by GORDON »

Seems weird to me that when one accesses these services from the same town in Iowa for 7 years, logging in from there 99.9999% of the time, that it's a big, insurmountable leap of logic that maybe they shouldn't allow the password to be changed from Asia at 3am your local time when you last logged in in Iowa 3 hours prior.

They would need absolute einstein-level systems analysts to crack that nut.
Leisher
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by Leisher »

They legitimately do not give a fuck.

Twitter has MFA. Why the hell doesn't FB? No other platform has their users' accounts hacked like FB.
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by GORDON »

I just called FB out publicly on FB over this. I like to imagine Bezos balling his HGH-veiny fists in anger.
GORDON
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by GORDON »

I just confused Bezo and Zuckerberg, heh.

I was talking about Prime earlier with my kid, saying I'd cancelled it, and Bezos would have to fund his shitty, 2nd tier space program without me. So he was in my brain.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Facebook/Meta

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:38 pm Seems weird to me that when one accesses these services from the same town in Iowa for 7 years, logging in from there 99.9999% of the time, that it's a big, insurmountable leap of logic that maybe they shouldn't allow the password to be changed from Asia at 3am your local time when you last logged in in Iowa 3 hours prior.
Those are called "impossible travel logins" and should easily be flagged.

However, VPNs and various ISPs can cause false positives.