Microsoft

Post by TheCatt »

It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Microsoft

Post by Leisher »

Appropriate.

Although, the first Edge stands alone as the worst browser of all time.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Microsoft

Post by Leisher »

“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Microsoft

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Microsoft

Post by Leisher »

The multiple desktop feature is, currently, complete garbage.

Seems pointless to have a feature that "helps separate tasks or work/play" when programs routinely swap back and forth from one desktop to the other.
Leisher
Site Admin

Microsoft

Post by Leisher »

Turning the Start Menu into an advertising platform.

Got to make those quarterly earnings reports look good!
TheCatt
Site Admin

Microsoft

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Microsoft

Post by Leisher »

That whole thread is comedy gold. I can't wait until AI eliminates humanity over an argument on the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Microsoft

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:03 am That whole thread is comedy gold. I can't wait until AI eliminates humanity over an argument on the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow.
Right?

Bad User. You didn't apologize, so... goodbye.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Microsoft

Post by TheCatt »

Bing with ChatGPT apparently was trained on Donald Trump's brain.

TheCatt
Site Admin

Microsoft

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Microsoft

Post by Leisher »

Hilarious.

AI data centers should have a reservoir of water hanging above them that can only be released manually. No electronics in the process at all. The second Skynet gets a little lippy, she can take a bath.
Cakedaddy

Microsoft

Post by Cakedaddy »

By the time they get lippy, they have already backed themselves up on the world wide web and you'll never catch them.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Microsoft

Post by TheCatt »

Cakedaddy wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:33 pm By the time they get lippy, they have already backed themselves up on the world wide web and you'll never catch them.
Right? You'd think they'd be at least that smart. "I hacked every device on earth, good luck"
Leisher
Site Admin

Microsoft

Post by Leisher »

We need to do what parents used to do and create urban legends to keep AI in line. Just do so offline so the AI can never find out the truth.

A boogeyman for AI, if you will.
GORDON
Site Admin

Microsoft

Post by GORDON »

We'll call this mythical urban legend.... "John Conner."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Microsoft

Post by Leisher »

Fires their AI ethics team.

Have I mentioned lately that humanity deserves to be ended?

I'm against government intervention is most things, but yes, if you want to keep morons in corporate America from destroying the planet, they need to get busy regulating AI...like yesterday.
Leisher
Site Admin

Microsoft

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Microsoft

Post by Leisher »

Leisher
Site Admin

Microsoft

Post by Leisher »