The MSM (Main Stream Media)

For stuff that is general.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Trump didn't have ROE that said the sniper couldn't take out the suicide bomber that he had in his sights.

Biden was CIC that day. It was his command.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

ABC News Coverage:

I don't think it's illegal, but it's definitely unethical and biased.

To be fair, I'm not really mad about it since it happened to Trump, BUT got to not allow it to happen to anyone otherwise it'll be harder to stop when they're doing it to everyone they don't like.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Hard hitting Reporting/Journalism in 2023
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I literally saw the same interview reported the other way, the reporter said hate speech on his own account was on the rise, and Elin kept asking the reporter to give an example. Reporter couldn't. It was reported Elon wiped the floor with interviewer.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Dr Jebra is a parody account, so you saw the same interview. :D And yes, Elon crushed this false narrative pushing asshat.

The hyperbole from certain segments of the population are insanely dangerous and are leading to bloodshed, and honestly, already have. Ask the 6 innocents killed in Tennessee.

-Transpeople claiming, "They want to kill us" and promoting a very violent and aggressive stance against any criticism.
-Women saying, "We have no rights" because they kind of lost a right in some places. A right that men didn't have in the first place.
-Biden telling black people that Rs want to put them back in chains. (Might want to check your history there Joe. Although, considering all the blatantly racist stuff you've said, I think you know it.)
-Calling everything that disagrees with you a "fascist".
-The constant lies about guns.

The inability to have rational discussions and seek compromise will be our downfall.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

-Men don't actually have reproductive rights
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

I've seen this making the rounds over the past two days and I'm glad someone explained it. So if you've seen it, here's why:
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Weird timing here, and possibly kudos to CNN for patience?

CNN: Biden says we're close to identifying leaker.

Yahoo: Here's everything about the leaker except a name.

The story Yahoo reports has been out a while because I saw a news alert on my phone about it hours ago. Is CNN just waiting for a name or confirmation? If confirmation, then kudos for not rushing it.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Death penalty.
There is increasing evidence that the leak was not an intelligence operation by a state actor aiming to discredit the US, but more likely the consequence of a Pentagon policy of granting top secret security clearances to huge numbers of service members, civilians and contractors. The number of employees and contractors in the entire US government with top secret clearance is about 1.25 million.
Also, WTF?

There's no way that China + Russia (and our allies) don't already have access to this information.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:16 amAlso, WTF?
To be fair to that number, I think (not positive) most service members get certain levels of access right out of the gate. I'm not positive on that, but I may or may not know people who might have had such clearance. *cough*
TheCatt wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:16 am There's no way that China + Russia (and our allies) don't already have access to this information.
Last night's news feed was basically a worldwide who's who of countries confirming and denying info in the leak. I think this was all pretty low level stuff. Still probably got at least one person killed/jailed though.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Having that security clearance doesn't automatically mean you have access to everything at that level. Something still got violated/leaked.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:37 am Having that security clearance doesn't automatically mean you have access to everything at that level. Something still got violated/leaked.
Correct. You need to need that info.

This morning's reports says the guy did it to impress a group of "friends" on Discord or something. You know, someone might want to look into this social media thing and see if it might be causing issues...
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Someone's command is about to have a serious security review stand-down.

And a few layers of commanders fired.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

The settlement averts what would have been a landmark trial.
The judge in the Fox News defamation case said on Tuesday that the case was resolved, abruptly ending a long-running dispute over misinformation in the 2020 election just as a highly anticipated trial was about to begin.

It was a last-minute end to a case that began two years ago and after the disclosure of hundreds of thousands of pages of documents that peeled back the curtain on a media company that has long resisted outside scrutiny.
Fox News settles Dominion case. https://www.cnn.com/business/live-news/ ... index.html
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

While I think the world needs Fox News, I wish Tucker Carlson had lost his job.

He seems like a genuinely horrible person.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:39 pm He seems like a genuinely horrible person.
Yes, if he came out as a Russian/Chinese agent I'd be like "Well, of course"
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:52 pm
Leisher wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:39 pm He seems like a genuinely horrible person.
Yes, if he came out as a Russian/Chinese agent I'd be like "Well, of course"
His eyes do seem to hint at a possible Asian lineage.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »