Social media destroys civilization!

For stuff that is general.

Tell me what your opinion is...

"Sorry, it's just a tool and it's just too bad. At least we recover in 1000 years."
100%
"Hmmm. Maybe we should figure out how to silence morons."
No votes

Total votes: 7

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Cakedaddy wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:38 pm To be in control of everything they do, where they go, what they say. Of course brands will prefer AI influencers.
True story.

From what I understand incels are even interacting with the AI influencers. Messaging them and shit despite knowing they're AI.

It's over for ugly chicks when sex dolls are a viable product.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Antisemitism skyrockets.

Putting this here because I'm blaming social media. Hamas has won the propaganda war. We've seen the real and faked videos. We've all probably got friends who talk about what a terrible thing Israel is doing while making no mention of Hamas' role. I've seen the Hamas apologists on X.

US Navy neutralizes large Houthi missile and drone attack.

Furthering my point, a friend, TikTok addict, and brainwashed Palestinian supporter recently said, "I love what the Houthis are doing. Go Houthis!"

Probably because their propaganda pushes this:
The Iran-backed Houthis have said their launches of drones and missiles are showing solidarity with the Palestinian people. Their first series of attacks, which began shortly after the start of the Israel-Hamas war, targeted commercial vessels with some connection to Israel. To date, the Houthis have carried out 26 attacks on commercial vessels in the Red Sea, according to Central Command.
But the reality is this:
But most of the last dozen attacks had no connection to Israel at all, Vice Adm. Brad Cooper, the commander of US Naval Central Command, said last week, even as it draws more nations into the situation.

The US assesses that 55 nations have direct connections to the ships that have been attacked, whether through the flagging state of the ship, the nationality of the crew, the ship’s origin and destination, or the vessels’ ownership.
The Houthis are backed by Iran and were removed from the terrorist list by Biden right before they started these attacks. Oops.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:00 am Furthering my point, a friend, TikTok addict, and brainwashed Palestinian supporter recently said, "I love what the Houthis are doing. Go Houthis!"
Tha fuck?
Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:00 am US Navy neutralizes large Houthi missile and drone attack.
Go a little further and neutralize the Houthis.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:06 amTha fuck?
In the moment, I was absolutely floored and my only thought was, "Don't react because you don't have the energy for a debate." Fortunately, my body worked with me and I escaped.

Social media is voluntary brainwashing if you don't carefully cultivate your feed. You MUST allow both sides or you're doomed.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Researchers have found there are two key reasons people choose to be anonymous online: self-expression or toxic behaviour
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:00 am Furthering my point, a friend, TikTok addict, and brainwashed Palestinian supporter recently said, "I love what the Houthis are doing. Go Houthis!"
Just saw a report last night that the Houthi are purposely using an attractive man as their main TikToker and you know who (woke white western women) are actually thirsting for him.
TheCatt wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:18 pm
Researchers have found there are two key reasons people choose to be anonymous online: self-expression or toxic behaviour
I read that through and said, "Duh", then did a "Wait, what?" double take back to "self-expression".
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Guy is suing several SM platforms and a bunch of bitches for defamation.

These types of groups exist on most platforms and I think the guy has a legit case. I've heard of FB groups where single women name guys and discuss everything about them. Such things can be fine, but I guess it crosses the line fast when a woman decides to bash a guy. Maybe he's her ex, maybe she wants him and is putting off others (think stalker or rejected lover), and the list goes on.

It will be interesting to see if he wins.

Where does the 1st amendment stop and slander start?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

A couple of decades ago I had a character come up with a website call pRater. Ostensibly it was personRater, but it devolved into sex ratings, so was basically penis/pussy Rater.
Leisher wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:01 pm Where does the 1st amendment stop and slander start?
Truth. True stories are not slander/defamation. Then you have opinions like "That dude was a bad lay" (afaik, fine to say), but can't say "That guy is abusive" without evidence of said abuse.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Florida's GOP passed a bill to ban 16yo and under from social media.

I don't know how they could really enforce this ban.

I do not like the restriction on kids, particularly since this is part of modern kids' experience and life. However, it could easily be argued, with scientific evidence, that the ban is actually very healthy and would be in the same vein as banning kids from tobacco or alcohol.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

It would just stop being a par if a kids experiences and life.

I would support it. It doesn't seem to have a single benefit to a child, aside from "everyone of my peers are also being damaged by it and I don't want t to be left out."
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

SM CEOs at Congress testifying again about SM and teens.

I think the science has proven SM is mostly bad for kids. However, we all know money is going to win. Plus, you can't unfuck that pig.

Florida banning SM for anyone 16 and under is a step, but unenforceable.

So how about this:
-Ban smartphones and their usage for anyone under 18.
-Anyone 17 or under caught with one and it gets confiscated and their parents ticketed.

"Oh, but I need to reach my kid" and yada yada yada.

I said "smartphones", not cell phones. Bring back the Motorola Razr. Calls and texting only. It does have a camera and kids will want to film stuff, take selfies, have FT calls, so allow those things, but don't allow development of SM apps.

I'm not saying I want this to be done. I'm just suggesting ways you could get better results than talking to greedy assholes who don't give a shit about the kids.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Identity bit. "Hey you aren't 18 yet no you can't see this."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

How's it getting enforced on every device, and further, every app?

How is it stopping parents from downloading or opening apps for the kids?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I don't know. But at least it puts some traceable blame on parents when their kid is caught on an illegal site with bad credentials.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:22 pm How's it getting enforced on every device, and further, every app?
Remember when MS tried to do this 20 years ago, and people were like "Hell no!"

I wonder if that would have stopped China's hacking some.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Sooooo many problems get solved when you kill net anonymity.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

GORDON wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:08 pm Sooooo many problems get solved when you kill net anonymity.
It's true.

I think there are two things standing in the way of the end of net anonymity right now:
-The tech to enforce it
-The First Amendment

Thing is, killing net anonymity, imho, does not infringe upon anyone's first amendment rights.

It's going to happen. Just a matter of when, and when that does happen we're going to have to mature as a society. Can't hold people's feet to the fire for dumb shit they do or say when they're teens. We're going to have to learn that people's opinions can change. What someone said a month or years ago may not be their belief now.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I think the tech to enforce it isn't even needed.... UNLESS the IB needs to be a part of each IP packet. That may be the case.

Right now, today, absent the efforts of hackers, you could set up a new web network over existing hardware. Opt-in only, Identity Bit required, no anons allowed. Freedom to block any IB you want, and then they're blocked across the network... this forum, all social media, all multi games, whatever. Absolutely no one without IB allowed to interact with you. It's like they don't exist. They can spend all day trolling and scamming each other. Grownups and sane people can use the Big Boy Internet.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Hmm.

I think you just found a new problem with IB. You cannot have people getting banned permanently as that would infringe upon their 1st amendment rights...right? I know, "private company" and all that, but are free public spaces where political discourse is encouraged really "private"?
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I don't think that's the case. The regular old anonymous cesspool internet will always be there. IB is opt-in, one might even consider it a "private" network amongst friends. As long as the government is still using both for all communications (because .govs would have their own IB) then I don't think any rights are being infringed.

If I can block you on reddit, there's no reason that block shouldn't be allowed to extend to twitter and instagram and stuff.