Social media destroys civilization!

For stuff that is general.

Tell me what your opinion is...

"Sorry, it's just a tool and it's just too bad. At least we recover in 1000 years."
100%
"Hmmm. Maybe we should figure out how to silence morons."
No votes

Total votes: 7

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

GORDON wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:26 pm Now let's talk about people who don't return shopping carts to the stall.
Again, death penalty.
It's not me, it's someone else.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Did I mention she is also pregnant?

The jackasses on Twitter were just like the lynch mobs of old. Might as well have burned her at the stake.

Also, I want you to know I always return my carts.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

You better. It's the recent thing that people will look at for 2 full seconds before they literally decide you're a sociopath, or however that meme goes.
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid."
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

That SCOTUS Warhol decision has me pondering the next big IP fight that is looming: Content stealing on social media platforms.

Most of TikTok's content is just people re-enacting stuff someone else created. Tons of videos out there are people using audio clips from movies/TV/standup over the top of them acting the scene out their own way. Then you've got the reaction videos, which is a side by side of original IP and then some random reacting to it.

That's the mild stuff. I don't think you'll see a lot done about it, and honestly, the reaction stuff is free PR by channels with large following, so nobody will want to do anything about that.

Music is a whole other issue. YouTube and Twitch are really good about copyright monitoring and mute videos that break those rules. TikTok doesn't seem to give a fuck, which being a Chinese company is on brand.

The other big one to watch is the blatant content theft from other content creators. This is HUGE on TikTok and FB/IG. There's a content creator named "CallMeKris" out of Canada or something and she's got some funny skits with characters she has created and developed. However, there are a dozen or more other channels that pop up and steal them presenting them as their own by pretending to be her official page or a fan club. This happens with basically any successful content creator, stand up comedians, and so on.

I fully expect we're going to be seeing a massive crack down on all this stuff within the next decade. Again, it's another reason why anonymity could be a thing of the past, at least on the major platforms.
“Every record been destroyed or falsified, books rewritten, pictures repainted, statues, street building renamed, every date altered. The process is continuing day by day. History stops. Nothing exists except endless present in which the Party is right.”
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Stealing dogs.

Doesn't matter if this is a skit or not, they're influencing others to do the same for online clout.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Do that near me, see if you can outrun my bullet.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

I think any theft should be punishable by death, but the theft of a family pet should make the death last a couple weeks.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 6:50 pmStealing dogs.
Banned for 2 years by judge.
A
TikTok prankster who filmed himself invading a family’s home has apologised for the “stupid” stunt as he was handed a two-year video ban.

Bacari-Bronze O’Garro, 18, who is known on social media as ‘Mizzy’, posted the clip of the incident online, saying: “Walking into random houses, let’s go” and walking towards a family home.
He admitted failing to comply with a community protection notice, and was handed a £200 fine plus £165 in costs and fees by District Judge Charlotte Crangle.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

$1 says he stays off for a week. ANd I mean a new masked tiktoker will appear....
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

GORDON wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 4:08 pm $1 says he stays off for a week. ANd I mean a new masked tiktoker will appear....
Called it! He didn't even bother going anon.

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

The reason I think most people are genuinely good is because laws/punishments are completely ineffective at deterring criminally minded people from doing whatever they want.

If most people were "evil", society would have crumbled long ago.

If the law was serious, Mizzy would be slapped with a life changing sentence and a crippling fine. I'd hit him with 2500 hours of community service, a fine equal to 90% of all his earnings from social media, and impose a 10 year ban on him creating an social media content. This would be a compassionate "last chance". Any failure to abide by this ruling gets him an immediate 10 year prison sentence with no chance for parole.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Mizzy still making TikToks. What good are laws and rulings made by judges when they aren't enforced?
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Someone please shoot him.
GORDON
Site Admin

Post by GORDON »

Pretty sure I called this with no ambiguity.

Rule of law went incompetent, then corrupt, then it went irrelevant.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

Wait, what's fake here? Does this girl exist? Is it just the persona that's fake or are you saying that all those images are completely fabricated?

Because if real, that girl is living perfection. If fake, women are FUCKED.
TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

The girl is fake.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:07 am The girl is fake.
Catt, I have a problem. I want to marry an AI...

TheCatt
Site Admin

Post by TheCatt »

You know... the problem is that software is easy. Hardware is difficult.

Man, saw a woman today who looked like Jennifer Connelly in her prime, but with the bluest eyes and blackest hair. Paleish face, freckles. Just wow.
Leisher
Site Admin

Post by Leisher »

TheCatt wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:14 pm Man, saw a woman today who looked like Jennifer Connelly in her prime, but with the bluest eyes and blackest hair. Paleish face, freckles. Just wow.
Tell her I said hello.